England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Nice to see Oxford 84 is actually a Marxist, though he's not making that creed look good.
Also very pleased to see the small knot of far righters given a sound kicking by the decent and articulate majority on here.
There seems to be a desire among some to prove that division in society exists on the basis of class or cultural background rather than race. 'Proof' of this hypothesis is offered in the form of snippets found on social media, no doubt after hours of searching.

I've no idea what skin colour most regular posters on here are. Perhaps a 'person of colour' could share their personal experiences with us to indicate the extent of racism in the country - or lack of it - in their own life. Based on that extensive research, we can then categorically claim the UK Is a racist state or that it certainly isn't and some people are simply making that particular division up.

Or we could just continue a typical social media 'debate' by making baseless claims that 'we' were right and everybody else is wrong. Evidence? Who needs it.

There seems to be a desire among some to prove that division in society exists on the basis of class or cultural background rather than race. 'Proof' of this hypothesis is offered in the form of snippets found on social media, no doubt after hours of searching.

I've no idea what skin colour most regular posters on here are. Perhaps a 'person of colour' could share their personal experiences with us to indicate the extent of racism in the country - or lack of it - in their own life. Based on that extensive research, we can then categorically claim the UK Is a racist state or that it certainly isn't and some people are simply making that particular division up.

Or we could just continue a typical social media 'debate' by making baseless claims that 'we' were right and everybody else is wrong. Evidence? Who needs it.
Well clearly there are divisions on the basis of class or cultural background - but that doesn't mean that all richer or more middle class people are woke ponces, or all working class people are racist cos they can't be expected to know no better. Anyway, the 'working class' (however defined) is substantially made up of non-white people.

Well clearly there are divisions on the basis of class or cultural background - but that doesn't mean that all richer or more middle class people are woke ponces, or all working class people are racist cos they can't be expected to know no better. Anyway, the 'working class' (however defined) is substantially made up of non-white people.
Well now I don't know what to think! Searching Google right now to find my opinion ....

OK I will bite.
Talk of ridiculous comment!
The first rule of any penalty if to put it on target . The keeper goes the wrong way and you score.
There is no way on earth that Rashfords was the best of the 3

Rashford was 6 inches from the inside of the post and in the side netting - unsaveable.

Sancho and Saka could have put theirs 10 inches further away from the keeper and he'd still have chucked his cap on them. At least Rashford sent him the wrong way and was the most difficult to read of the three.

Rashford was 6 inches from the inside of the post and in the side netting - unsaveable.

Sancho and Saka could have put theirs 10 inches further away from the keeper and he'd still have chucked his cap on them. At least Rashford sent him the wrong way and was the most difficult to read of the three.
I agree with this - Rashford had a plan and a method to score, he waited for keeper to go he just didn’t execute the strike by a cm. (looks bad when he hits post - that goes in and everyone raves about how cool under pressure)
However Sancho I am not sure what he was trying to do - not in corner and no power and not waiting for the keeper. Saka looked like he tried to whip it into corner and got it wrong.
I am in the camp of preferring players to blast a penalty but could at least see what rashford was trying to do.

The Kevin Pressman technique. Why take a penalty when you can take a goal kick instead?

The Kevin Pressman technique. Why take a penalty when you can take a goal kick instead?

Who was it who did exactly that against us for Swansea at the CL end all those years ago? Roger Freeman? Walked the length of the pitch, then just goalkicked it into the net, no messing, maximum power.

Italy and Spain were the two best sides at Euro 2020. The correct side won the Final. Donnarumma is massive, he towers over Pickford. Donnarumma would have saved Bonucci's penalty. And Rashford would have scored if Pickford had been in the Italian goal.

Italy and Spain were the two best sides at Euro 2020. The correct side won the Final. Donnarumma is massive, he towers over Pickford. Donnarumma would have saved Bonucci's penalty. And Rashford would have scored if Pickford had been in the Italian goal.

Pickford saved as many penalties as his opposite number in the shootout?

And Rashford would have scored if Pickford had been in the Italian goal.
😂 Would the goal have been six inches to the left then? 😂 If you are on the wind up (and Welsh plus Rugby on an English football club forum suggests it's a good chance) then you need to up your game 😂

Who was it who did exactly that against us for Swansea at the CL end all those years ago? Roger Freeman? Walked the length of the pitch, then just goalkicked it into the net, no messing, maximum power.

Roger Freestone it was. Here it is:

Rather embarrassingly he wasn’t the only goalkeeper to score against us that season. During an injury crisis at Hull, they put Alan Fettis up front and - well - you can guess at what happened …

(Sound off for this one. The Hull accent is bleugh.)

😂 Would the goal have been six inches to the left then? 😂 If you are on the wind up (and Welsh plus Rugby on an English football club forum suggests it's a good chance) then you need to up your game 😂
as i've said before, i say it as i see it 99% of the time, granted i do get emotional at times and say things i don't mean. but Lloris is a better keeper than Pickford, or Pitchfork as Favour calls him. Shilton was overrated, if Southall had been in the England goal in Italia 90, England would have won the WC.

Back
Top Bottom