England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Thing is, if Rashford’s kick had gone in and we’d won, would the racists and moaners have celebrated and praised the team and manager, or would they have slunk away to some racist corner and moaned to each other? One kick isn’t the difference between being a good or a bad manager, or being an object of fascist hate- it doesn’t make any sense.

i wouldnt say we are competitive when it comes to the big games at all, in fact i think we are far worse in those games. Weve never been so defensive as we are now. plenty of times in the past we were unlucky in games and absolutely went out to actively win those games.
Well drawing with the winners seems pretty competitive to me.
Winning 5 drawing 1 and getting to the final.
Italy only beat us on penalties. After getting to the WC semi finals there must be very few people who would argue that we aren't competing well with the best?

Thing is, if Rashford’s kick had gone in and we’d won, would the racists and moaners have celebrated and praised the team and manager, or would they have slunk away to some racist corner and moaned to each other? One kick isn’t the difference between being a good or a bad manager, or being an object of fascist hate- it doesn’t make any sense.
so now anyone who doesnt think Southgate is a good manager becomes a racist too!?

Well drawing with the winners seems pretty competitive to me.
Winning 5 drawing 1 and getting to the final.
Italy only beat us on penalties. After getting to the WC semi finals there must be very few people who would argue that we aren't competing well with the best?
come on, we were never in that game the 2nd half, you could see the Italians were going to score and we did nothing to change that. We had 2 shots on target in 120 minutes and had 35% possession, that is not a sign of the game being at all close.

People describing the mob storming the gates at Wembley like it’s a new, outrageous phenomenon either aren’t aware of or have forgotten the scenes such as those at the old Wembley in 1986; Liverpool/ Everton cup final and ticketless fans climbing the outside of stairwells to be dragged in through windows by mates on the inside. Those not brave or stupid enough to do that forcing their way in anyway.
And people getting offended by booing a national anthem? Also nothing new, I don’t agree with it but may I suggest a visit to Hampden with England? Not if you’re easily offended I wouldn’t.

get through the group then as soon as a half decent team plays us we will defend the whole game and lose. exactly the same as world cup in 2018 and euros of 2021.southgate is not proactive and hes not even reactive.

Bang on.

England were dominated all over the park last night. The game was almost identical to the Croatia game.

We were defensive. The crowd were pissed off and tried to urge the team forward. What did we get, a manager who didn’t seem to want to change it attacking wise. Rice was our best player. He got subbed and England lost any form of attacking momentum after that.

Aside from obvious disappointment my only critic would be trying too be to clever on penalties and putting Sako last - a 19 year old with just too much pressure. What took the taint of the incredible performance was the number of football "fans" who are nothing more than thugs and the disgraceful behaviour throughout from keyboard warriors. Calling a crying young German girl a "slag" and punching kids to get them out of their seats makes me never want to support England again. Makes me so angry - we have bouncers a nightclubs yet fat old men acting as stewards which allowed it to happen - all down to money again. Think we need to have more cameras, identify the scum, and take their passports off them and ban /jail them. Arent we better than this because this is the legacy that will be left behind? Not one of them would stand up to a black guy and abuse him to his face. We also need to look at scum "media" like "The Sun"/Priti Patel and the nasty party which makes these actions "all right". If you were one of them - FU

Apart from that paragraph I agree with your statement.

They’d still be there just waiting for their next chance to mouth off.

England were dominated all over the park last night. The game was almost identical to the Croatia game.

We were defensive. The crowd were pissed off and tried to urge the team forward. What did we get, a manager who was didn’t seem to want to change it attacking wise. Rice was our best player. He got subbed and England lost any form of attacking momentum after that.
Dominated allover the park? so which was it too defensive or dominated ? Are you seriously suggesting they rang rings round us because all they did in the main was play sideways and backwards the same as us only they did it just inside our half.

Those out there in hindsight world saying it was obvious the Italians were going to score remind me of the many chances they had prior to their goal which was scrappy to say the least.

As for the stats that keep being banded about how strange that when it's Oxford people beat the manager saying all that possession means nothing when passing sideways and backwards yet when Italy do it and failed to beat us they are used to conveniently beat the England manager with..

Exactly. Well said sir. They were quiet between Czech game and now but they've now had the chance to crawl out
Hope they can identify these scum by cctv and arrest charge convict sentence …..prison and permanent ban. Also the idiots who stormed into Wembley causing havoc and those that fought with I believe Italian fans after the game inside Wembley.

Hope they can identify these scum by cctv and arrest charge convict sentence …..prison and permanent ban. Also the idiots who stormed into Wembley causing havoc and those that fought with I believe Italian fans after the game inside Wembley.
so just england fans punished dont italy have thugs too ?

so just england fans punished dont italy have thugs too ?
Maybe but what was posted on FB showed English dickheads lashing out at a few Italian fans and you think that’s all ok? So are you a dickhead who supports those dickheads or are you someone who may look upon with disgust?

To what end though Bazzer English clubs were banned from Europe in the mid 80's so 35 years later did it work?. for every 1 who is banned there are thousands more with similar mindset.

As the last year or so has shown time after time the i'm alright jack brigade are thriving.

To what end though Bazzer English clubs were banned from Europe in the mid 80's so 35 years later did it work?. for every 1 who is banned there are thousands more with similar mindset.

As the last year or so has shown time after time the i'm alright jack brigade are thriving.
Sorry but if racists and the idiots who caused problems, you’re right it wont end but if it’s keeps being dealt with in the same manner people will eventually start to think about it.

We were defensive. The crowd were pissed off and tried to urge the team forward. What did we get, a manager who didn’t seem to want to change it attacking wise. Rice was our best player. He got subbed and England lost any form of attacking momentum after that.
We were dominated for 45 minutes. We absolutely controlled the first 45 mins bar a spell for 5 mins at the end of the half. Italy managed a grand total of one shot off target in the first half. They barely looked interested in attacking us extra time and were more than happy for penalties.

Like I said in a previous post they were always going to come out in the second half with a purpose. They are a world class outfit and weren't going to roll over.

What we didn't do was give them something to think about while they were attacking us. If we had brought some fresh legs on sooner on the wings and played a few counter attacks then they would have just a bit of doubt about how much they attacked us. Unfortunately we were sat far to deep and never really got out our half in the second half.

In extra time we upped the pace and in truth the only way the Italians were coping was to foul and keep breaking up play with niggly fouls and stoppages. That's not a sign of a team that's dominating another.

Back
Top Bottom