England ??????? v India ??

Bairstow gone for a decent 111.... England need all our batsmen to deliver today
and need to start getting some boundaries ... havent hit a 4 or a 6 since 27th over!

Bairstow out. He changed the way he was playing when Root came in. With such a good start I would have sent a 'hitter' in ahead of Root. I love Root and he's a 'proper' batsman but we didn't need to consolodate but keep hitting the 4s and 6s. The run rate always drops when Root comes in.
Run rate has dropped by 1.5 since Roy was out.

Morgan again throws his wicket away. That’s not a captain leading by example. 2 innings in a row hooks and gets out. Daft way to get out! All this good work, could be undone here.

Hmm and Morgan too.

I hope this is a mid innings stumble rather than the start of a Collapse

Old adage - add two wickets and then review the score. Losing Roy has tightened England up.

From the 30th over, India have pinned England back.

Here we go again. Pathetic effort by Morgan. Absolute sucker for the short ball.
The momentum was lost when Roy was out and Root came in. Now throwing wickets away because of it.
Sorry but we'll balls this up again!

C'mon England ...captain calamity, Morgan delivers another rum attempt at batting ... heres hoping the remaining batsmen will deliver where Morgan didnt ... got to be aiming for 350 +

10 overs for 25 runs.

Good stuff from India and a disrupted rhythm for England.

Stokes may add a bit more muscle and pace to the innings.

Stokes has really upped the pace.
We should get over 300 but the the score that looked likely at one stage.

Stokes has really upped the pace.
We should get over 300 but the the score that looked likely at one stage.
need to be aiming for 350 + .... the harder the chase is the better

England's batting has looked league's different today. Better attitude and targeted. Still had some struggles, but didn't look panicked.

Big final 4 and a bit overs here. Pressure is on India

Twenty years ago, who'd've thought we'd be sitting here almost bloody livid that we've "only" scored 340....?

Shami has 5 wicket but has bowled some utter dross today. Shame to see Stokes get out.

337-7. Good score that, India are going to have bat really well today. At least the England batsmen turned up today and fought.

Decent 79 from Stokes.. England could be 15-20 runs 'light'?

England bowlers all need to be on top form ... if theyre not getting wickets, dot balls would be good ... it is winnable, if our bowling and fielding is at its very best

Decent 79 from Stokes.. England could be 15-20 runs 'light'?

At one stage I thought we'd be pushing 350-360, but think we're about on par with that. A couple of early wickets and/or a tight first 10 overs and the run rate could creep up and put the Indians under pressure.

Still very much in the balance.

Back
Top Bottom