General England v belguim

Was for me. I was watching with the sound down and thought it was. The defender went to the floor and got nowhere near the ball, very clumsy.

If you watch it lukaku made no attempt for the ball. He ran across dier.

Has Southgate been taking lessons from robbo in how to select a defence....
."..so a right back, a defensive midfielder and an out of sorts lump at centre back......"

Very good second half from England 2-1 win against FIFA top ranked side

Having watched both games I certainly preferred watching the young, up and coming stars play than the team tonight filled with players like Dier, Maguire, Henderson and Walker.

Having watched both games I certainly preferred watching the young, up and coming stars play than the team tonight filled with players like Dier, Maguire, Henderson and Walker.

I think Henderson is a good player for England and Maguire may get his form back so is worth sticking with. Walker, not fussed about but I can see why he is involved albeit others may push him out soon. But Eric Dier just no from me.and hope Conor Coady continues to impress as he looks a natural leader for a back 3.

I think Henderson is a good player for England and Maguire may get his form back so is worth sticking with. Walker, not fussed about but I can see why he is involved albeit others may push him out soon. But Eric Dier just no from me.and hope Conor Coady continues to impress as he looks a natural leader for a back 3.
I’d play:
Henderson
Gomes (when fit) Coady Mings
Trent Grealish Rice/Henderson Saka
Sancho Kane Sterling/Rashford

We would have 3 quick, ball playing CB’s, 2 natural wing backs in Trent & Saka. Grealish is an excellent box to box midfielder and adds an attacking threat.
Up top we have plenty of options as you can play Rashford on the left or through the middle and Kane or Calvert Lewin are both excellent centre forwards.

If you watch it lukaku made no attempt for the ball. He ran across dier.
Both pens . Soft, but just the way the game is today.

Go to ground like that and the player will trip himself over you. Put your hand on a players shoulder and he will go down like he sack of s**t.

Hate to see it, but if that is how the game is nowadays players have to be smarter.

I’d play:
Henderson
Gomes (when fit) Coady Mings
Trent Grealish Rice/Henderson Saka
Sancho Kane Sterling/Rashford

We would have 3 quick, ball playing CB’s, 2 natural wing backs in Trent & Saka. Grealish is an excellent box to box midfielder and adds an attacking threat.
Up top we have plenty of options as you can play Rashford on the left or through the middle and Kane or Calvert Lewin are both excellent centre forwards.

Thats a far too exciting, young, attacking and pacy team for Southgate!

Wasn’t impressed with the English defence and why does he persist with Kyle Walker?

Walker was probably our best player apart from a few dodgy moments first half. How bad was the over hyped alexander arnold?

Walker was probably our best player apart from a few dodgy moments first half. How bad was the over hyped alexander arnold?
Not to sure on your comment about Walker, a few dodgy moments the whole back four were crap. As regard Alexander Arnold young lad whom I think will come good but was crap against Belgium.

He ia crap in every appearance for England, we played a back 3 in a 3-4-3 formation, go do some research on the player ratings and it seems all to agree about Walker. Did you actually watch it?

He ia crap in every appearance for England, we played a back 3 in a 3-4-3 formation, go do some research on the player ratings and it seems all to agree about Walker. Did you actually watch it?
Yes I did, did you? He was crap

Back
Top Bottom