3rd Test England V Australia - Headingley

It's a little worrying that , with 4 seamers, two bowl so poorly , that Root had to keep bringing Archer back to the extent that he bowled 17 overs.
I really hope that they dont over bowl him.

Hang on a second. Archer has the hodoo over them after the last test. Anyone who has played cricket at any level will tell you it’s as much a mental game than it is a technical one. Archer has the Aussies running scared. Why not utilise that for the time being. In time, he will be used as a strike bowler asked to bowl 4/5 quick overs at a time, especially in the sun continent.

Hang on a second. Archer has the hodoo over them after the last test. Anyone who has played cricket at any level will tell you it’s as much a mental game than it is a technical one. Archer has the Aussies running scared. Why not utilise that for the time being. In time, he will be used as a strike bowler asked to bowl 4/5 quick overs at a time, especially in the sun continent.
Oh I totally understand how good he is.
My point was that Woakes and Stokes were very poor. I bet that Root didnt want to bowl Archer that much.
Even most if the commentators on Sky were saying similar and most of those have played cricket at a pretty decent level ?

Archer bowled with incredible skill today, he's not a just a one trick pony, but a good all round bowler who understands the nuance of the game. And. I don't think anyone really thought Archer would be this good that quickly. He's a menace and you can see already that he's in the Aussies head far more than I'd assumed. They are scared.

Jimmy who? ;)

However, this positivity relies on England not being 80-4 again.

Unexpectedly skittled, the Aussies have to be batted to death tomorrow.

We need to suck the game out of them by just hanging in there.
Making them bowl all day and more will be draining on them giving us the chance to pinch this test.

I'm hoping we will be 300-5 at the end of play tomorrow, then put on another 100 for the last five wickets by just after lunch on Saturday - giving us a 230 lead. That will give us two and a half days to bowl them out and knock off the 50 we need to win.

I can dream, can't I? :)

That Labuschagne wicket is quite funny, never seen a full toss lbw before

Remember this from the 2013 Ashes? Swann getting a wicket with probably the worst ball he bowled in his entire career. At least Labuschagne's was off a pace bowler - Rogers has no excuse for missing this! And the best bit? He would've been saved had he reviewed it, but was too embarrassed and walked!

Archer was bowling 'uphill' at Headingley yesterday.... Boycott pointed out during commentary that fast bowlers should bowl down hill there, as bowling uphill slows fast bowlers deliveries. Blimey! Archer got 6 wickets in one weather-affected day, and from the 'wrong' end :oops:

it's said you can't properly judge a wicket until both sides have batted

England's turn to have a bat today... here's hoping there's no collapse this time, no wickets given away cheaply, and at close of play, there's a healthy score reached, with plenty of wickets left in hand too

In first class cricket, Rory Burns and Jason Roy have opened together nine times and they average nine - with a best of 22.
Is today the day?

we're into the 3rd test of the series now...has no-one informed or instructed Roy , this is a test match not a ODI ?

swinging aimlessly at tempters is not how to bat as an opener in the first few overs in test match cricket!!!

Was also Archers first first class game at Headingley. Only game he’s played their was v Sri Lanka in the World Cup.

On another note, can we have Dom Sibley now please? Roy is not a test match player.

it's said you can't properly judge a wicket until both sides have batted

England's turn to have a bat today... here's hoping there's no collapse this time, no wickets given away cheaply, and at close of play, there's a healthy score reached, with plenty of wickets left in hand too

Wicket was fine yesterday. It was the conditions!

Even more funny was The Aussie skipper wanted to bat if they won the toss!

we're into the 3rd test of the series now...has no-one informed or instructed Roy , this is a test match not a ODI ?

swinging aimlessly at tempters is not how to bat as an opener in the first few overs in test match cricket!!!

dontcha wish L1 referees were as consistent as Roy opening in test matches .... gone for 9.... not even double figures !!!

10-2 ?.

We might as well not bother with a top order (maybe excusing the occasional knock from Burns).

Open with Curran and Woakes!

Back
Top Bottom