3rd Test England V Australia - Headingley

Sarge

God like member
3rd Ashes Test match at Headingley ... England apparently unchanged, Convicts looking to be Smith-less ,11am start.... decent chance for England to level the series, Especially if Archer is on song

England need to play well. Our batting is still very fragile so Burns / Root need to get a few and we need to bowl well.

Thankfully we have put the fear of Christ into them with Archer.
Sending Smith to hospital is just the start though. Just nine more to go!?
No seriously, putting them on the back foot is the only way for us to get the win we need.
Making them think that it will be tough will create a pressure that is exploitable.
If we can somehow find a batsman to stand tall and hang around, then we can win this one.

Yeah we really need a batsman to step up. If Burns, Stokes and Bairstow can keep up this apparent upturn in form hopefully we will get a decent score. We’re due a toss win as well...

Pretty much a 'must win' game with Smith out. The weather looks set fair for the 5 days.
Make it 1-1 and all to play for in the final two Tests.

Sounds like typical Headingley conditions this am, green pitch and cloudy so could be a big advantage to win toss and bowl. Batting may become easier as the sun comes out in the next few days. Mind you my cricket predictions are as useless as my footie ones !

Sounds like typical Headingley conditions this am, green pitch and cloudy so could be a big advantage to win toss and bowl. Batting may become easier as the sun comes out in the next few days. Mind you my cricket predictions are as useless as my footie ones !
heatwave apparently starts today?

I expect an unchanged XI, unless Roy can’t play due to concussion, in which Pope will come in and probably bat at 4 with Denly moving to three.

Burns has looked solid so far in this series, hopefully Root can get a score too and Archer can continue doing well with the ball.

The Aussies didn’t miss Smith too much in their second innings at Lord’s, but him missing a whole test match is a complete different picture. England will win.

Rain delays start of play ... expected start time now 11.20am

Warner & Harris to open for the convicts,...... C'mon England rip through 'em

Maiden opening over for Broad ... Archer to bowl the second over

Harris gone for 8 ...Archer draws first blood, in a short, rain interrupted morning ... early lunch .... play resumes around 1.30pm

England really need to get the Aussies 5 or 6+ down at the end of the day. If the weather clears, it could be a long old day for the bowlers.

Who looked really threatening in the few overs that were bowled.

Khawaja gone for 8... Broad gets his first wicket of the 3rd test .... convicts 25-2 .... Warner on borrowed time at the crease?

Back
Top Bottom