3rd Test England V Australia - Headingley

rubbish day at the office for England ... tomorrow is another day ... get the last few convict wickets for under a total chase of 300 , and its not impossible to win this ... if the batting order remember its a test match of course
You've started on the Friday evening beers a bit early, Sarge! :)

Hmm, well in footballing terms I think the England cricket team is 0-4 down with ten minutes to go in this one.

Hmm, well in footballing terms I think the England cricket team is 0-4 down with ten minutes to go in this one.
seen a couple of comebacks ... (at The Manor - V Pompey & V Ipswich, I think?) ... from similar positions to salvage something ;)

seen a couple of comebacks ... (at The Manor - V Pompey & V Ipswich, I think?) ... from similar positions to salvage something ;)

Sure, but when we drew 5-5 with Portsmouth, we had Jim Magilton pulling the strings, Chrissy Allen on the wing and Johnny Lager up front.

This England batting line-up is more like the 2000/01 side, with Peter Fear pulling the strings, Lee Jarman marshalling the defense and Steve Anthrobus up front!

Sure, but when we drew 5-5 with Portsmouth, we had Jim Magilton pulling the strings, Chrissy Allen on the wing and Johnny Lager up front.

This England batting line-up is more like the 2000/01 side, with Peter Fear pulling the strings, Lee Jarman marshalling the defense and Steve Anthrobus up front!
very true :sneaky:

Sarge, I like you as a bloke, we’ve shared beers and laughs together. But please leave out the convicts line on every post.. it’s tedious!

rubbish day at the office for England ... tomorrow is another day ... get the last few convict wickets for under a total chase of 300 , and its not impossible to win this ... if the batting order remember its a test match of course
I'll join you in your padded cell for this one. I think this could be a rare back against the wall gritty performance from England. Send Archer out steaming with Broad bowling full and straight and we can knock the Aussies out for a handful more. Then just go out and battle. Burns looks like he can be a grafter if he cuts out the loose shots, so build an innings around him. Roy, Root, Buttler, Bristow et all can all bat, and whilst one big score could be enough, lots of 30's/40's will also be needed. So each player needs to tick off scores in 10's, build partnerships, play straight and play for the ashes.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Aussie tail put on another 200 and bowl us out for 13!!!!

Much as you have to say it between gritted teeth, you have to hand it to Labuschagne. The guy's taken his chance and has played each of his innings with the kind of grit and determination and technique that our white ball bullies lack.

Anyone brace enough to predict a miracle here? England somehow get the runs to win this one.

Can’t see anything more than another collapse, 30 wickets have come at an average of 18.6 so far, we will do well to get 200

Unfortunately I am certainly not brave (or daft) enough to predict an England victory. I think we will lose by over 150 runs, based on the current form of both teams.

maybe drag Boycott out of retirement to open .... even in his advanced years he'd still put up a better display with a bat, than the entire current England batting order :sneaky: ... there again Boycott knows how to bat in test matches :rolleyes:
Why not Boycott's grandmother, you know the one........"My granny could have hit that with a stick of rhubarb"

15-2 and both Roy and Burns out cheaply (a-bloody-gain). Let's hope this afternoon's listening from Brizzle is a bit less depressing!

At least Root didn't get a double duck today, so something good.

I hate to say it, but should we bring KP back in ;)

The frustrating thing is the players picked should've been good enough to win this ashes series, they just seem to have a mental block when they put on an England shirt.
Was at Edgbaston last night watching Moeen Ali in the T20 blast - he was outstanding - 85 not out off 45 balls, man of the match. Yet put him in an England shirt at the minute and he can't buy a run in either red ball or white ball cricket.

The frustrating thing is the players picked should've been good enough to win this ashes series, they just seem to have a mental block when they put on an England shirt.
Was at Edgbaston last night watching Moeen Ali in the T20 blast - he was outstanding - 85 not out off 45 balls, man of the match. Yet put him in an England shirt at the minute and he can't buy a run in either red ball or white ball cricket.
It's a great point. Reportedly, Graham Thorpe had a massive pop at the batsmen yesterday for their performance and the lack of footwork and desire to play balls at a 5th stump width.

Back
Top Bottom