3rd Test England V Australia - Headingley

I saw something saying don't risk the likes of Foakes or Pope in this team. I'd disagree, there is less pressure now than there will be when we go to Australia. If we want to know if Foakes can hack it against a quality pace attack, there is no time like the present.

And Hussain's little analysis of the English batsmen's inability to cover drive shows the impact of one day cricket on batsmens technique. So many dismissals were the bat is away from the pads or the bottom hand is too strong.

Whoever picks this mess up is going to have a lot of work to do.

Just P**s poor from England. Bowled ourselves into contention yesterday only to bat ourselves to defeat today.
I honestly don’t know quite where to start as regards our test side. What is the point of running down the convicts with the ball to fail so miserably with the bat? ????

Root gets worse and worse and worse ..... rubbish as a test captain.... rubbish as a test batsman ( goes for a duck!) .... rubbish as a fielder- puts Labuschagne down, after juggling the ball for a bit :oops:

if only he'd drop the England test captaincy as easily as that!

Stokes bowls Head, out for 25 ... chase already very probably beyond Englands 'T20' batting order at 218 to win ... and the convicts have 6 wickets in their pockets still

Stokes bowling well ... better than he's batted in this 3rd ashes teast (so far)

Archer injured ... hobbled off unable to finish his over ... injured through bowling too much, or cramp? ... Root is not a test captain in any way

meanwhile convicts reach double Englands dismal first innings score in their second innings.... still with 6 wickets left ... overall lead almost at 250 - will the convicts declare soon?

Archer injured ... hobbled off unable to finish his over ... injured through bowling too much, or cramp? ... Root is not a test captain in any way

meanwhile convicts reach double Englands dismal first innings score in their second innings.... still with 6 wickets left ... overall lead almost at 250 - will the convicts declare soon?
Why would they declare? they have 3 whole days left, they'll be in no rush at all to bowl

If I were them I would try and bat for another day and try and annihilate us.
We will do well to last a session anyway!

Why would they declare? they have 3 whole days left, they'll be in no rush at all to bowl
to have a few extra days off perhaps? Bank holiday weekend with decent weather might be a factor? ;) ... Englands batsmen, judging by the way they collapsed earlier today,are likely to be skittled by the convicts in short time, though it pains to say so

to have a few extra days off perhaps? Bank holiday weekend with decent weather might be a factor? ;) ... Englands batsmen, judging by the way they collapsed earlier today,are likely to be skittled by the convicts in short time, though it pains to say so

I dunno - they're Australian cricketers. Can't imagine there's anything they'd enjoy doing more than grinding England into the dust.

No rain forecast - they could bat the entire day tomorrow, and still be 100% certain of winning this match.

probably the best news all day for England.... its 'only' cramp (left thigh) that affected Archer

I dunno - they're Australian cricketers. Can't imagine there's anything they'd enjoy doing more than grinding England into the dust.

No rain forecast - they could bat the entire day tomorrow, and still be 100% certain of winning this match.
fair comment :sneaky:

at last... with the 7pm finish looming, a wicket from Stokes ... Wade gone for 33

at last... with the 7pm finish looming, a wicket from Stokes ... Wade gone for 33
convict wickets falling are a bit like buses...none for ages then 2 come close together ... Broad takes Paine for a duck

last over of the day from Stokes ... c'mon England, lets have a wicket (or two) before close of play

rubbish day at the office for England ... tomorrow is another day ... get the last few convict wickets for under a total chase of 300 , and its not impossible to win this ... if the batting order remember its a test match of course

rubbish day at the office for England ... tomorrow is another day ... get the last few convict wickets for under a total chase of 300 , and its not impossible to win this ... if the batting order remember its a test match of course

That is the definition of optimism!

Back
Top Bottom