General England U21

Belgium Yellow

I know you can't really compare this with matches like USA 1 England 0 in the World Cup, but this is surely the most embarrassing result for an England team?

I know you can't really compare this with matches like USA 1 England 0 in the World Cup, but this is surely the most embarrassing result for an England team?
It's fairly meaningless game with England having won the previous 6. A bit of a slip up, but I'm sure there have been plenty more moments of embarrassment to rival this. Sadly I've erased pretty much every memory of our national side since Euro 96 due to a general lack of interest.

It's fairly meaningless game with England having won the previous 6. A bit of a slip up, but I'm sure there have been plenty more moments of embarrassment to rival this. Sadly I've erased pretty much every memory of our national side since Euro 96 due to a general lack of interest.

An English national team failing to beat a ski resort is embarrassing.

Not much sense denying that.

Of their seven games, Andorra have managed to not lose three of them. That’s pretty good going for such a tiny nation. England are basically home and hosed in that group though so it’s academic.

Poor results like that do get forgotten about. Prior to their World Cup win in 2018, France were held to a 0-0 draw by Luxembourg in qualifying. Those freaky results do happen from time to time.

Worthy of a comment then?

Back
Top Bottom