ENG v GER

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
If my maths is correct, if you take all of England's wins in major tournament knockout stages since 1966.....Gareth Southgate is now responsible for a third of them!
(along with three for Bobby Robson, two for Sven Gordon, and one for El Tel)

Maybe we should be thinking about that knighthood!
Should he make his third semi-final in a row (do we count the Nations League?) then it has to put a lot of the arguments to bed.

Should he make his third semi-final in a row (do we count the Nations League?) then it has to put a lot of the arguments to bed.

I guess it's three in a row - because they haven't played the 2020-21 Nations League semis yet. But we did get knocked out of that tournament last November!

Excellent win but I’d say massive caution with these next two games (assuming we can win the first). There are no mugs at this stage and it would typify England teams of the past 50 years to trip up when glory beckons. Still a hell of a way to go, especially when looking at prospective final opponents but we are on course.

I think Saturday night will
Be a bigger test playing in Rome we’ve been at Wembley all of the tournament so will be interesting to see how we do away from Wembley obviously we are going to win and should win comfortably

I think Saturday night will
Be a bigger test playing in Rome we’ve been at Wembley all of the tournament so will be interesting to see how we do away from Wembley obviously we are going to win and should win comfortably
The flip side is that Germany probably have better players than Ukraine.
Ukraine will try very hard but from seeing them so far, they are very limited.
IF England play as they did last night and get the breaks they should be too strong for Ukraine

It was ironic that the two players I was shouting at the most ie Shaw who only seemed to be able pass backwards and Kane who looked disinterested combined for both of the goals. Thanks in no small measure to Grealish.

It was ironic that the two players I was shouting at the most ie Shaw who only seemed to be able pass backwards and Kane who looked disinterested combined for both of the goals. Thanks in no small measure to Grealish.
Shaw was heavily involved in both goals to be fair. In both he was bombing forward.
Grealish made a big difference but Shaw was equally involved in both goals

Back
Top Bottom