ENG v GER

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

Essexyellows

Almost excited about it..... Tuesday 29th at 5pm at Wembley with a crowd.....

Time to add a Euro`s to the two & one? :D

2-1 England win.

I would say that Germany are very slight favourites but England have a decent chance if they play well.
I can't see England playing any differently. Trying to keep it tight and sneaking a goal.
After Tuesday does he play Saka, Grealish? Or bring back Mount, Foden?

Pickford

Tripper
Walker
Stones
Maguire

Henderson
Phillips
Rice

Grealish
Kane
Sterling

2-0 England

2-0 England
cf2c2868aa3732641b4383b27ef03060.png

Not what I’d pick but what I think Southgate will!!!

Just wondering if both teams will "take the knee"........... they both have some previous for iconic salutes...........

1624544255473.png

I've watched all three Germany games, and this is a really poor German team. Maybe not quite as bad as their Euro 2000 team, but otherwise I don't remember seeing a worse one (including the WC three years ago - that team was a little unlucky with the draw and the results).

They lack skill and creativity going forwards - Gundogan looks knackered, Kroos/Muller are well past their best, and the likes of Gnabry, Werner and Sane are workmanlike footballers at this level. And then on top of that, they look really porous at the back - Hummels is so slow nowadays, Neuer was always eccentric but now doesn't have the reactions he used to and it often felt like Rudiger was having to fill in massive gaps everywhere.
The only positive thing I would say is that their wing backs (Gosens/Kimmich) look decent.

France beat them comfortably without ever getting out of first gear, they were lucky to get a point against a Hungary side that barely attacked them over the 90 minutes. The only reason they're still here is one 25 minute period against Portugal where they exploited their terrible fullbacks and the fact that Pepe is now 103 years old, and has no business playing in international football any longer......

There's no excuse for England on Tuesday. We have the better squad, and this is a game we should be winning. Southgate has failed if we don't.

I would be playing pace on both flanks (Saka deserves to play after his Czech showing opposite from Stirling). I think that way you force their wing backs to have to get back and help - because there's no way that Hummels & Ginter will be able to cope if they don't - and that takes away their main attacking threat. Then play Grealish or Foden at the front of the midfield three with Rice & Phillips in behind.
But I suspect Southgate will show us something more conservative than that.......

Joachim Low does have some strange habits ( a few of which are captured here*) .... after the Euros, wonder if he'll get offered the Spurs job?... which apparently isn't to be sniffed at :oops: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Seen the FA Will have spotters in the stand to identify fans and then to take action against fans who song 10 German bombers in the air…

I've watched all three Germany games, and this is a really poor German team. Maybe not quite as bad as their Euro 2000 team, but otherwise I don't remember seeing a worse one (including the WC three years ago - that team was a little unlucky with the draw and the results).

They lack skill and creativity going forwards - Gundogan looks knackered, Kroos/Muller are well past their best, and the likes of Gnabry, Werner and Sane are workmanlike footballers at this level. And then on top of that, they look really porous at the back - Hummels is so slow nowadays, Neuer was always eccentric but now doesn't have the reactions he used to and it often felt like Rudiger was having to fill in massive gaps everywhere.
The only positive thing I would say is that their wing backs (Gosens/Kimmich) look decent.

France beat them comfortably without ever getting out of first gear, they were lucky to get a point against a Hungary side that barely attacked them over the 90 minutes. The only reason they're still here is one 25 minute period against Portugal where they exploited their terrible fullbacks and the fact that Pepe is now 103 years old, and has no business playing in international football any longer......

There's no excuse for England on Tuesday. We have the better squad, and this is a game we should be winning. Southgate has failed if we don't.

I would be playing pace on both flanks (Saka deserves to play after his Czech showing opposite from Stirling). I think that way you force their wing backs to have to get back and help - because there's no way that Hummels & Ginter will be able to cope if they don't - and that takes away their main attacking threat. Then play Grealish or Foden at the front of the midfield three with Rice & Phillips in behind.
But I suspect Southgate will show us something more conservative than that.......

Germany 2000-2004 were terrible. Even when they made the World Cup final in 2002, it was by sheer luck of the draw. Give Sven’s England the same group and route to the final, I genuinely think they would have made it. That was the Germany side beaten 5-1 by England, held twice by Finland in qualifying and had to come through a playoff. A terrible Euros in 2004 (including a draw against Latvia) saw them shake things up and start to emerge as a powerhouse again but even in 2006 wasted that opportunity with Klinsmann as manager. I agree this is the weakest Germany side I’ve seen since then. I mean who the bloody hell is Kevin Volland and how did he get in the team? He looks like a competition winner. Is that really one of the best strikers Germany have?*

England will have to play better than they have thus far but I don’t think that will take too much. They’ve played like they’ve been conserving something in the tank so I’m hopeful that we’ll see an extra gear that we’ve all been expecting. First win against Germany at Wembley since 1975 is all we can hope for.

*Massive jinx here in all likelihood. He’ll do a full Stefan Kuntz on England now.

That was the Germany side beaten 5-1 by England, held twice by Finland in qualifying and had to come through a playoff.
They did, however, win 1-0 at Wembley... Freak long-range goal in terrible conditions wasn't it? Then Keegan rage-quitting like a kid playing FIFA on his xbox after the game?

Seen the FA Will have spotters in the stand to identify fans and then to take action against fans who song 10 German bombers in the air…

Good. It’s juvenile and jingoistic. Sing to support your team and not resort to tiresome war references.

They did, however, win 1-0 at Wembley... Freak long-range goal in terrible conditions wasn't it? Then Keegan rage-quitting like a kid playing FIFA on his xbox after the game?

It was. I think there had been a rule change regarding free kicks just before it as well. Hamann took full advantage to beat Seaman. Keegan apparently revealed that he had no idea what to do at half time so the team essentially had to manage themselves for the second half.

Keegan apparently revealed that he had no idea what to do at half time so the team essentially had to manage themselves for the second half.
Forget who it was, but someone who was in the dressing room that day said that Keegan was in one of the toilet cubicles having a dump at one point, and was basically ranting about how he was done with it all. I think it was one of the players from that day who said it while they were on a radio show a few years back.

I’ll say this for Southgate: he would never resign mid-turtle.

Back
Top Bottom