National News End Child Food Poverty

Treading on thin ice there EY.

How dare you suggest people take responsibility for themselves.

Whatever next?

I was under the impression that asylum seekers were not allowed to work in the U.K. whilst there circumstances were being reviewed?

I could be wrong though.

It was a while ago and I think you are right even then but what they had to live on was an utter pittance so I didn't blame them while they waited for a decision (at the time took quite a while). Being generous the social worker was being a little Englander rather than racist even though she was talking about non white people.

You appear to believe that only state intervention (money or food) can fix the problem for the kids but it is the parents responsibility to "muck in" to sort their problems out.
I would throw in mandatory household/budgeting/cooking and similar life education lessons for the parents of the kids that are eligible.

Probably be called "socially divisive" and "poor shaming" these days.... :rolleyes:
There are a whole range of reasons why people find the need for help. You are taking one possible reason and painting all of those in need with the same brush. Why are you doing this? Why do you have such distain for those who find they need help? You do come across as very selfish.

c0d3a8f9dea5df2b86180443473d7363.jpg

There are a whole range of reasons why people find the need for help. You are taking one possible reason and painting all of those in need with the same brush. Why are you doing this? Why do you have such distain for those who find they need help? You do come across as very selfish.

Maybe you would like to let me know which of those many reasons would not be greatly helped with basic life style education?
It`s not distain, it`s wanting to fix a large societal problem.
The first part of dealing with any problem is accepting it exists .... try it. Play the ball... the problem.

Maybe you would like to let me know which of those many reasons would not be greatly helped with basic life style education?
The first part of dealing with any problem is accepting it exists .... try it. Play the ball... the problem.
One of parents dies of cancer, in a road accident, accident at work etc. You uncaring b@stard.

One of parents dies of cancer, in a road accident, accident at work etc. You uncaring b@stard.
Seriously EY I am sick of your views and I'm going to stop replying to your bilge.

Or their Father dies of a AAA when they are 10........ ?

Been there, done that.

Wasn`t left to go hungry but qualified for the version of FSM available at the time. You had the "shame" of a voucher book.

Uncaring? No.
Realistic? Yes.

Next shot....

Seriously EY I am sick of your views and I'm going to stop replying to your bilge.

All you do is reply and berate the poster or the Government............ not offer solutions or ideas

Last Summer -

"We can't have any immigrants coming here, we've got our own kids to feed!"

Come the 2nd wave of the pandemic -

"Lol, get f*cked are we feeding some poor kids, let them starve"

• React
Reactions: QR
Outlawing zero hours contracts would help a lot of people currently having to rely on free school meals. Sorry for repeating myself.

Outlawing zero hours contracts would help a lot of people currently having to rely on free school meals. Sorry for repeating myself.

You may just end up with people being offered part time contracts or nothing at all?

You may just end up with people being offered part time contracts or nothing at all?
Part time would still offer more security than zero hours. Nothing at all? I doubt it, someone had to do the work. Unless your Scottish fishermen and women.

Come on!!! it's only during school holidays/lockdown .....it wouldnt cost THAT much would it?? the money spunked away on useless testing kits would cover it with change ;)

Part time would still offer more security than zero hours. Nothing at all? I doubt it, someone had to do the work. Unless your Scottish fishermen and women.

I think it would end up being a mixture of the two.

The idea of a zero hour contract to offer flexibility of work when it is available can be good for many employees who prefer to have some flexibility and reduced commitment (worked well for my brother), although I accept there is also a lot of abuse by employers.

But a company with say 10 employees on flexible ZHC will more than likely end up taking a small number on a part basis (with the option of overtime to bridge peaks in demand) and letting the rest go.

I think there would be winners and losers, as in any situation.

Last edited:
Come on!!! it's only during school holidays/lockdown .....it wouldnt cost THAT much would it?? the money spunked away on useless testing kits would cover it with change ;)
Sometimes you do irony really well..... I think.

You really are one of those people who has pre determined view on everything.

Back
Top Bottom