National News End Child Food Poverty

There will be extra money, you know it I know it. It won`t make headlines, deals will be done. Its politics.
LCC have a rather large sofa and tradition dictates the Shire is Blue and the City is Red.

Well the Local Authorities as a whole haven't received enough to cover their Covid financial shortfalls, never mind pay for extra.

Well the Local Authorities as a whole haven't received enough to cover their Covid financial shortfalls, never mind pay for extra.

As I said.... the money will arrive, discretely and without fanfare and we will be none the wiser.

As I said.... the money will arrive, discretely and without fanfare and we will be none the wiser.
Right, so the government will slip a brown envelope full of fivers under the local councils' front doors, but will be too bashful to trumpet what they've done - and we can't say the government aren't supporting local authorities because they'll have done it on the QT.
Sounds completely believable to me...

You are correct .
I believe Local Authorities are responsible for the 1st 5% of additional expenditure and then can only claim a maximum of 75%.
That’s dead wrong.
It’s not as if many are sitting on a cash surplus after years of cuts.
Look what Doris & Co are doing to tfl .

loop hole are not closed because the people required to close them are using them themselves.
woud you pay tax if you didn’t have to .

The people who write the tax rules often end up advising people how to avoid them.

What is the solution that provides parity?

The question should be 'what is the motive for the calculated attack on a person who is trying to improve the lives of children' shouldn't it?

Does anyone think Rashford looks after his own money (wisely, at his age earning that I would of bought loads of ridiculous shite and been bankrupt a week after retiring from the game)?

He is basically a kid, are we going to hold him to higher standards than 50 year old politicians, media moguls, multi billionaires etc?

It’s fine to argue with what he is saying, we are all entitled to an opinion, but to have ago at the lad, while the same people slag footballers off for being thick and shallow, is strange. Unless you are consistent and hammering away at those far worse culprits, while also an angel yourself, then you are on shaky ground having a go at a well meaning if not the most worldly young man.

The question should be 'what is the motive for the calculated attack on a person who is trying to improve the lives of children' shouldn't it?

Is it not just a presentation of facts?
All well and good wanting the taxpayer to fund your solution whilst on the other side of the coin you are being tax efficient to pay the bare minimum.
Like I said it is the bigger problem around taxation, and the loopholes thereof, that need fixing but £££`s will always stop that happening.

If he was a politician or a business owner he would get slated for tax efficiency.

All well and good wanting the taxpayer to fund your solution whilst on the other side of the coin you are being tax efficient to pay the bare minimum.
Like I said it is the bigger problem around taxation, and the loopholes thereof, that need fixing but £££`s will always stop that happening.

If he was a politician or a business owner he would get slated for tax efficiency.
No its not simply a presentation of facts, as that would mention other footballers doing similar. It was a blatant smear attempt.

If there are loopholes, close them, but as you allude to, the people who would need to close them are the most likely the same people taking advantage.

No its not simply a presentation of facts, as that would mention other footballers doing similar. It was a blatant smear attempt.

If there are loopholes, close them, but as you allude to, the people who would need to close them are the most likely the same people taking advantage.

So as they are all doing it does it make it right?

Taxation should be simple and fair, unfortunately globalisation generally precludes that happening.
HMG created a 2% digital sales tax in April, doesn`t seem to have impacted Amazon adversely.

Another fine balance of creating employment and getting a fair slice......

So as they are all doing it does it make it right?

Taxation should be simple and fair, unfortunately globalisation generally precludes that happening.
HMG created a 2% digital sales tax in April, doesn`t seem to have impacted Amazon adversely.

Another fine balance of creating employment and getting a fair slice......
I never said that. I said if it was more than a smear attempt it would have mentioned that others do it, and as this was news a few years ago bringing it up now, and only mentioning Rashford, it's obvious what the post was trying to do.

I never said that. I said if it was more than a smear attempt it would have mentioned that others do it, and as this was news a few years ago bringing it up now, and only mentioning Rashford, it's obvious what the post was trying to do.
EY always changes the point under discussion when he's losing the argument. It happens a lot. :)

More money for MR to give to his chosen charities rather than to Serco (via their mates in the Government).

EY always changes the point under discussion when he's losing the argument. It happens a lot. :)

And despite the petitions and the publicity what has changed from HMG?
Nada, nothing, zip.
Local councils, local charities etc are filling the gaps.

So are those kids getting fed or not? Of course they are.

More money for MR to give to his chosen charities rather than to Serco (via their mates in the Government).

And Kier will detach all those contracts when he sweeps to power yes?

No.

Serco started in 1987 under Thatcher and flourished under ............. go on fill in the gap. Need a clue?

And Kier will detach all those contracts when he sweeps to power yes?

No.
The actual answer is no one knows yet. (BTW I'd like to know)
Serco started in 1987 under Thatcher and flourished under ............. go on fill in the gap. Need a clue?
What relevance has that got to Serco poor performance during the pandemic?

Look at you trying to change the subject again ?

The actual answer is no one knows yet. (BTW I'd like to know)

What relevance has that got to Serco poor performance during the pandemic?

Look at you trying to change the subject again ?

Who brought Serco into the conversation? That`ll be you then.

Poor performance based on what?
Contractual measures?
I thought the issue was there were no contracts (there are but its a moot point)?

Back to hungry kids............... lots of other organisations have filled some of the gaps.

Some of them got fed, some won`t have.

The problem of child hunger has not been resolved short or long term............... but hey some folk think they have "done there bit" by tweeting or signing a petition.

They have achieved nothing and that is the truly sad part.

Back
Top Bottom