EGM / Special General Meeting

myles

As the Trust’s articles do not appear to be on the website, could somebody please publish the criteria needed for members to call an EGM?

A number of people have suggested it would be appropriate for an EGM to be held. I’m simply asking what the process is. What’s OTT about that?

On here? I'm not even sure I've seen the resignation mentioned yet.

A number of people have suggested it would be appropriate for an EGM to be held. I’m simply asking what the process is. What’s OTT about that?

It’s not OTT it’s called democracy and transparency. If members are not able to call and get a EGM it speaks volumes. The last members meeting was high jacked by having directors from the club attending. Questions need to be asked and answered honestly.

Can one of you put a link on here for me? I have no idea why I cannot see this thread.

Under Oxvox thread. Third one down: “Colin B Resignation”

I still can't see it?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-190542_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181227-190542_Samsung Internet.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 20
'32. The Board of Directors upon an application by not less than 20 members or 5% of the
membership, whichever is the greater, delivered to the Society’s registered office, shall
convene a general meeting. The purpose of the special general meeting shall be stated in
the application and notice of the meeting. No business other than that stated in the notice of
the meeting shall be conducted at the meeting.

33. A special general meeting called in response to a members’ requisition must be held within
28 days of the date on which the requisition is delivered to the registered office. The
meeting is not to transact any business other than that set out in the requisition and the
notice convening the meeting.

34. If, within one month from the date of the receipt of the application, the Society Board have
not convened a special general meeting, any three Members of the Society acting on behalf
of the signatories to the application may convene a special general meeting, and shall be
reimbursed by the Society for any costs incurred in convening such a meeting.'

Back
Top Bottom