EFL Trophy

if we draw Scum away (plus should we make Wembley) are my only 'exceptions'

never missed competitive game away to Scum away game yet!
Those back to back 4-1 drubbing there seem ages ago now don't they... Still haven't forgiven Wilstermann for the OG and penalty conceded after we took the lead there.

Sarge - they aren't competitive games. They class them as 'non-competitive' to avoid having to pay appearance fees to the Wonderkids of the all-conquering Premiership.

And very importantly this preserves the 7 in a row winning streak over the scum as their EFL Trophy penalty shoot out win genuinely wasn't classed as a first team fixture.

And very importantly this preserves the 7 in a row winning streak over the scum as their EFL Trophy penalty shoot out win genuinely wasn't classed as a first team fixture.
Wasn't classed as a win either, it was a draw in the table. But as you say, not a first team game, so we are still on seven in a row. Ah, Maguire, you king of shithousery, what a day the seventh was ?

If the big teams are to be in it (not something I agree with btw) then it’s good that Liverpool and United are in it. Adds a bit more to it and how good would that sound beating either of those in a final at Wembley !

It’s hard getting excited by this cup in pre season but I think it’s gradually gaining recognition - this years final helped - and one I think we should take equally as seriously as the other two domestic cups.

If the big teams are to be in it (not something I agree with btw) then it’s good that Liverpool and United are in it. Adds a bit more to it and how good would that sound beating either of those in a final at Wembley !

It’s hard getting excited by this cup in pre season but I think it’s gradually gaining recognition - this years final helped - and one I think we should take equally as seriously as the other two domestic cups.
'United'? We have always been in it!

Beating Liverpool under 12s at Wembley wouldn’t do that much for me.

Just a note, don't refer to any of the lesser teams as 'United' on here, that's us, and only us ?.

With all the big hitters in the Premiership now accepting their invitations, the competition is gaining credence and Shaun Harvey may now feel confident enough to push on with his plans.........

And that's exactly the problem - it is gaining recognition, and the richest clubs in the land are starting to find it useful. Meanwhile the angry voices against the 'B' team concept are getting quieter.

So what happens in a few years' time, when those club decide that it's been really useful and maybe 46 competitive games a season for their academies would be better than 3-5?

It's still a dangerous road...….

The wankers trophy.

Sickens me that people actually attend this competition.

Back
Top Bottom