EFL - The Covid-19 decision

Would be a bit crap if they didn't.

I thought the play offs from previous years. Cards started again and if you got a yellow card in both games or a red card you would miss the final? Could be wrong though.

Who cares about who voted for what.

Oxford United are going up!

Anyone else see this as a bit of a free hit? Complete free for all. No form. No proper build up etc.

And if we don't win, that's sort of OK because none of us can be there. Losing our minds with nerves and excitement. It doesn't feel right. But if we do go up then that's just f*****g great too.

if not we can get stuck into Shitdump next season.

Anyone else see this as a bit of a free hit? Complete free for all. No form. No proper build up etc.

And if we don't win, that's sort of OK because none of us can be there. Losing our minds with nerves and excitement. It doesn't feel right. But if we do go up then that's just f*****g great too.

if not we can get stuck into Shitdump next season.
Agree with this. It is a lottery. Form - unknown. Fitness - unknown. Usually seasons build up to the playoffs. This one sort of hasn't.

In fact as long as I can go and watch some my team play some football I will be happy. Not to say that next season in the Championship wouldn't be an absolute blast though!

Don’t see us getting lucky enough to play another non league team in a play off final ten years after the last time so if we get through we will have to beat Fleetwood for the first time.

Agree, surely we voted to play on? We made a big deal out of it, so it would be disappointing and contradictory if we changed our stance at the last minute.

Well the club always said they wanted to 'settle it on the pitch', which technically the play-off scenario does. On the pitch generally meant continuation up until there was a viable option for us to continue playing but in the play-offs, meaning fewer games.

If we get promoted does FK have to build a fourth stand or is that a strange dream I had?

Dont really want to put a dampener on things but this article from tonight says a planned friendly between Man Utd and Stoke was called off at the last minute tonight because of a positive virus result from someone attached to Stoke. Iguess this is something we have to bear in mind and prepare for. I will have a few thoughts going round in my head if Wycombe announce positive tests just before they play Fleetwood..

Dont really want to put a dampener on things but this article from tonight says a planned friendly between Man Utd and Stoke was called off at the last minute tonight because of a positive virus result from someone attached to Stoke. Iguess this is something we have to bear in mind and prepare for. I will have a few thoughts going round in my head if Wycombe announce positive tests just before they play Fleetwood..

I assume all players have to be isolated and socially distanced properly? So any iffy results need to be penalised with loss of fixture for failing to comply.

Would I be right in assuming that the dates for the games will be announced tomorrow? Seems odd that league 2 are all set with TV slots advertised already.

The thoughts of Barry Fry in today’s EFL meeting.

The whole thing has been a farce, They’ve not taken into account home form or the fixtures teams had left. They’ve promoted teams and put teams into the play-offs in a very dubious way.
“If this is what they wanted, why didn’t they just say so instead of letting it drag out unnecessarily? I’m astonished they have let this play out as they have.
“We’ve been cheated. I feel so sorry for the chairman, the board, the manager and especially the fans. We set our stall out to win promotion this season and we felt we still had a great chance to achieve it.”
Posh co-owners Darragh MacAnthony and Dr Jason Neale represented Posh at today’s virtual meeting. MacAnthony is booked to appear on Sky Sports at 9am tomorrow

Would I be right in assuming that the dates for the games will be announced tomorrow? Seems odd that league 2 are all set with TV slots advertised already.

I guess league 2 seemed to be done and dusted a few weeks ago, so they probably had it all planned, but you’d like to think that our fixtures will be announced within the next few days!

The thoughts of Barry Fry in today’s EFL meeting.

The whole thing has been a farce, They’ve not taken into account home form or the fixtures teams had left. They’ve promoted teams and put teams into the play-offs in a very dubious way.
“If this is what they wanted, why didn’t they just say so instead of letting it drag out unnecessarily? I’m astonished they have let this play out as they have.
“We’ve been cheated. I feel so sorry for the chairman, the board, the manager and especially the fans. We set our stall out to win promotion this season and we felt we still had a great chance to achieve it.”
Posh co-owners Darragh MacAnthony and Dr Jason Neale represented Posh at today’s virtual meeting. MacAnthony is booked to appear on Sky Sports at 9am tomorrow
But we all know had Peterborough been in Wycombe's place and vice versa what Peterborough would have wanted to happen then!

I guess league 2 seemed to be done and dusted a few weeks ago, so they probably had it all planned, but you’d like to think that our fixtures will be announced within the next few days!
Struck me as odd that league 2 who, as far as I can see, have not returned to training, have got their first game on Thursday next week with second leg on the Monday after that. Final, at Wembley, a week later. At least there are no tickets to print and sell. (sadly)
Would have thought that a contingency plan was all ready and good to go?

Back
Top Bottom