EFL - The Covid-19 decision

Would it be possible for the EFL to set up a live stream channel for all the EFL games on a pay to view basis.
The EFL could cover the costs though advertising, whist the viewers money goes straight to the club, essentially reimbursing the club for the lost revenue when they play in front of an empty stadium.
The cost would be normal match day ticket price minus the costs of Stewards, Police etc. Season ticket holders are sent a code so they can view home matches for free.
This would let the clubs complete the season whilst still gaining the required income.
Also if the games were staggered, I know I would pay to watch a game that has a large impact on our league standings, adding further untapped revenue to other EFL clubs.

The streaming is already in the offing but just how much revenue do you envisage being generated? Season Ticket holders have already paid so you're left with those who normal pay on the day and i just don't see it being that popular and as i've stated before you'll have groups getting together to watch.
The leisure pound was already stretched and with people losing 20% pay in best case scenario where is the money coming from or should people use the money the Government have provided for folk to stay at home and give to a minor football club.
Look at Next season which should be the main focus, why ask people to pay for 2/3 games or so and then again for next season, do proper marketing for the whole package of what's left this and all of next...Even then it has to be priced exactly right because there are many games that just wont attract and even less so if you're not attending....also how do you divide the income? share it equally? or each club keep their sales (less costs) ?

I don’t really understand an article today said that as many as 15 clubs want to end the season. That sounds like a clear majority.

Article from OM earlier this week - 9 leaning towards Playing On, 12 towards Stopping and Playoffs, 2 undecided (Doncaster & MKD)

The EFL have been sitting down doing absolutely nothing for the best part of 3 months when there are several things that could have been decided on to enable the season closure decision to be made easier.

Derby - potential points deduction for ground sale breaching FFP rules - still no decision but affects Championship relegation
Sheff Wed - same as Derby
Birmingham - still awaiting the appeal from the EFL for getting off lightly for their latest FFP misdemeanour, no decision still but affects Championship relegation
Coventry - in the past few weeks surely they could have thought about whether they are allowed to play with no ground to play on next season never mind be promoted
Peterborough - the decision of unweighted PPG will cause a huge noise from Peterborough if it means they miss out on a play off chance
Swindon - this is now a complete mess showing the weakness of the EFL and ease with which they can be sidestepped. They will probably get away with it. Nothing came of Northampton ripping off the taxpayer for £9m allowing Wilder to have a huge budget to lead to promotion, another EFL masterstroke. So we probably can't expect any Swindon sanction either.

5 of 6 above could have been sorted out by now by simple common sense and doing something. It is all down to EFL mismanagement that decisions can't be reached. Whichever option is decided the EFL will face a legal challenge because they have messed it all up and they can't sweep it under the carpet any more like they probably hoped they could. Let's not forget that all of the Championship clubs threatened mutiny with the EFL at the start of the season for taking a low TV deal too.

Whilst I don't like the idea of B teams, a Prem 2 and Prem 3 made up of Championship clubs and bigger clubs stuck in Leagues 1 and 2 plus some B teams must have to be considered just to get away from the horror show and embarrassment that is the EFL.

People saying about clubs going bankrupt because of no crowds at games need to factor in the fact that next season will start with many games behind closed doors. If they can’t complete 9 games under this scenario then unfortunately we have a major problem. The government furlough scheme is changing from July or August, I believe it is to encourage business to start carrying more burden for wages.

Not sure if this has been mentioned above, but the rate of injuries trebled in the first weekend of German football back after the hiatus. That's even with training having restarted weeks ago and the five subs per game.

Not sure if this will have much impact on the broader scheme of things but it seems to strongly support what some posters have been saying about players being rushed back with inadequate training schemes.

Saw Football Focus this morning, chap on there explained the hiatus very well.
In a nutshell........
Championship want to play on like the Prem.
League Two want a stop "as is" then play-offs based on PPG.
League One are split between both options.
So clubs have until Tuesday at 2pm to offer alternatives. Weighted PPG?

Then they all vote the following Monday

Then we will be non the wiser..............think that covers it...................??

In a nutshell........

Then we will be non the wiser..............think that covers it...................??

Do the FL want all leagues to do the same thing or are the 3 divisions allowed to go their own way?

I can’t see league one clubs agreeing by consensus so it will be a vote, maybe looking like more than the original two options on the table now though?

I can't wait for hundreds of thousands of Scousers that will adamantly claim that they were there in person to see Liverpool lift the league trophy, even though no member of the public is allowed to be in attendance due to the lockdown.

"Lar, my mate's Dad works on the ground staff and snuck us in to the ground. Salah gave us a cheeky wink"

I can't wait for hundreds of thousands of Scousers that will adamantly claim that they were there in person to see Liverpool lift the league trophy, even though no member of the public is allowed to be in attendance due to the lockdown.

"Lar, my mate's Dad works on the ground staff and snuck us in to the ground. Salah gave us a cheeky wink"
A cheeky what??!

Dirty man!!

In a nutshell........

It seems to me the EFL are being extremely careful to allow all avenues to be covered before a potential close vote is made.

In a nutshell........

Ah, but what will options will that vote have? Will it be a vote to decide if they should have a vote?

Any bets on a decision being postponed?

It seems to me the EFL are being extremely careful to allow all avenues to be covered before a potential close vote is made.

More like they've managed to get lost in a simple Maze with numerous exits

it didn't need a Brain Surgeon to work out that every club was going to go with what suits them...here's what i said a few pages back

if it benefits your team it's a great idea...if it could benefit your team then it's not a bad idea...anything else then it's a load of Bollox... i think that just about sums it up

We can all see it except the EFL

I think there has been enough time for miracle suggestions. EFL know that a lot of the club's will blame them if vote is close, for having the wrong options to vote on. The other leagues are not as split. Is there many clubs going to vote to end season that will be in playoffs??

I think there has been enough time for miracle suggestions. EFL know that a lot of the club's will blame them if vote is close, for having the wrong options to vote on. The other leagues are not as split. Is there many clubs going to vote to end season that will be in playoffs??

Ah so it's the good old Blame Culture of modern society....perhaps they should open up a webpage to have all those "Likes" as with the social media and other platforms...They are not there to be popular.

As some one correctly pointed out last weekend, when the F.A made a decision that was it no argument cries of unfair etc

Back
Top Bottom