EFL - The Covid-19 decision

386f8f3ba770f88e63c0deda7fe5136d.jpg

I think if I was the Peterborough owner I would be fighting my corner. I’d also like to think our owner would too. Oh, and I’m not sure he’s (Tiger) has been whiter than white!

Also, I think the reference to Oxford’s win against Shrewsbury was more about how things can change in a heartbeat, not whether it was a legitimate win as such.

I also understand that the Peterborough owner has since come out and said that he wouldn’t take the EFL to court and that he’d got caught up in the moment when making these comment, but that he still feels the best outcome is to finish the games for this season. I felt his comments in the latest communications (attached) were fairly accurate if I’m honest.

I think if I was the Peterborough owner I would be fighting my corner. I’d also like to think our owner would too. Oh, and I’m not sure he’s (Tiger) has been whiter than white!

Also, I think the reference to Oxford’s win against Shrewsbury was more about how things can change in a heartbeat, not whether it was a legitimate win as such.

I also understand that the Peterborough owner has since come out and said that he wouldn’t take the EFL to court and that he’d got caught up in the moment when making these comment, but that he still feels the best outcome is to finish the games for this season. I felt his comments in the latest communications (attached) were fairly accurate if I’m honest.

I agree that is a very reasonable response and one that it would certainly be hard to disagree with if Ruffels hadn't scored in the 88th minute and we also found ourselves in 8th place.

I agree that is a very reasonable response and one that it would certainly be hard to disagree with if Ruffels hadn't scored in the 88th minute and we also found ourselves in 8th place.

Fortunately, Ruffs did score that beauty. Just hope the play offs happen now and we get an outcome one way or the other on the pitch.

It is,at times, difficult to remember that whatever the arguments for claiming 3rd place and an auto spot if no further games can be played in anger, in normal circumstances 3rd is only a playoff spot and we therefore cannot claim any right to come out of them on top when played, OR object to another side getting promoted by winning them when played.

I have come around to the view that if they cannot play some version of the playoffs, then the top two should go up and the bottom two of the Championship come down. Third place is not a promotion place and no amount of mathematical jiggery pokery will convince me it is - even if we were somehow the beneficiaries.

I have come around to the view that if they cannot play some version of the playoffs, then the top two should go up and the bottom two of the Championship come down. Third place is not a promotion place and no amount of mathematical jiggery pokery will convince me it is - even if we were somehow the beneficiaries.

You could just as well say third from bottom in the Championship isn’t a survival place and nothing can convince me that it is

Yet when i posted as a fan of football you stated it was a Bizarre post..That was the exact point i was making that the League is so tight that 1 result either way and the picture looks very different and likewise our fans would then take a completely different view.
Football should be united now and everyone working together to save the very existence of many clubs, the pyramid is in danger of collapse with discussions already taking place about a Prem 2 and The European Elite League with reports suggesting some European clubs asking our top clubs what are they doing worrying about these tiny clubs and some Owners questioning giving 10m to help Lower League Teams.

As someone said earlier today The F.A would have made a decision and that was it yet the EFL appear to be letting their 3 Leagues go down a different path to resolve things.

But the season won’t be finished to much of a logistical nightmare. His view was f completing the season is because it sounds more reasonable than his salty six weeks r 8 team tournament was never going to happen, so saying the best way is for the season to finish is for him to look whiter than white after his salty six 8 team play off tournament malarkey.

You could just as well say third from bottom in the Championship isn’t a survival place and nothing can convince me that it is

Except for The Play off winners replace the 3rd from bottom so if there is no Play Offs possible there is no team to replace them.

I've said it from day 1 scrap the play offs promote those in the Autos and adjust relegation accordingly and as things stand that affects nobody in the Football League but that simple logical answer was ignored in the desperation to get another ball kicked..The moment it starts again and something goes wrong you're back to square 1 only with a bigger puzzle to solve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately, Ruffs did score that beauty. Just hope the play offs happen now and we get an outcome one way or the other on the pitch.

If we could guarantee that we’d win the play-offs I’d agree with you, but if they decided the top three went up based on weighted PPG I’d agree with that too!!

Back
Top Bottom