General EFL salary cap

Manorlounger

Another well thought through EFL policy in the making. All clubs would be given a period in which to adjust player salaries. Of course, any relegated Championship side would also benefit from a period of grace before adjusting salaries, probably just enough time to gain promotion back to the Championship and not need to comply.
Any players currently being paid too much would have to be sold or contracts paid off and, of course, no incoming player could be offered anything higher as a salary than the existing cap allowed.
Where do these numpties come from? Who allows them to run anything more than a bath?

Oh brilliant.

Why not give the relegated Championship clubs 6 points for a win and an automatic 10 point headstart. Seems as fair.

Let's just automatically relegate promoted National League clubs too, to complete this act of pure fuckery.

If you can get to read the article in the Telegraph it goes even further. Squad size to be restricted and a minimum number of 8 "home grown" players.
Why not come straight out and admit that the EFL wants to kill off the game and hand everything over to the Premiership. The Championship will suffice as a feeder league and respite zone for any unfortunate enough to get relegated. (Parachute payments, of course)

And of course these schemes always work and aren't easily circumvented by oh I don't know.......renting some of your stadium offices to another company you own to generate extra cashflow. I know this is a salary cap scheme and so my example is not totally aligned but there will be other methods including brown produce carrying material, I can think of one L1 manager who would be rubbing his hands at the prospect!

Of course if the cap was
just above what we pay it would advantage is and harm the likes of Pompey. Clubs should be playing more home grown players and paying less, of course, but I want to watch James Henry. The biggest financial issues seem to be in the championship, it would need to apply there. However I don’t see how it would work on practical terms

Of course if the cap was
just above what we pay it would advantage is and harm the likes of Pompey. Clubs should be playing more home grown players and paying less, of course, but I want to watch James Henry. The biggest financial issues seem to be in the championship, it would need to apply there. However I don’t see how it would work on practical terms

and EFLs record on FFP and other financial issues ( such as failing to properly investigate whether a potential football club owner is really a fit and proper person- such as Bury fc rip), doesnt fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

This is the EFL putting out feeler to see the reaction.

This will not come to pass

The Championship will be Premier League 2 inside five years.

I did mention this in the other thread. There has been discussion around this, especially if an impasse continues and clubs start going bankrupt.

Back
Top Bottom