EFL sacking season

Foley

Here we go.

Shrewsbury, Wimbledon and Swin*** all fired their managers in the past couple of days.

I am expecting Bradford to sack their second manager of the season soon (Like Northampton lady season- leaving themselves nowhere really to go)

Ardley was second longest serving manager on the current list - Wombles fans must be beside themselves with joy - having to put up with that 'style' of play for 6 long years.

Shrews might well get the geezer back who left them last year?

That lot down the A420 - asst to the permatanned one gone as well so that will cost them a few quid.

Bradford are skint I believe so can't see them sacking theirs although he did get the dreaded vote of confidence last week. Please can we play them first before they sack him though.

Don't suppose any of them would be interested in a scouser with a proven track record of developing young players?

There have actually been surprisingly few sackings so far this season - expect the number to increase rapidly as we approach January however.

Mark Hughes at Soton must be quite close to getting the a**e. They can't buy a win and apparently the owners are carrying out a 'thorough review' of footballing matters.

Kip makes a fair point here as Askey was on a hiding to nothing - opposite of Robbo in some ways given the fans view of Clotet

Having said that, I have a mate who follows Shrews who was hoping we had stuffed them more as hated the style of play etc from Askey

Would be surprising if Hurst returned given the way he left and took their best players with him

I can also see Parkinson going at Bolton and Clement from Reading. Parky will make an emotional return to Reading.
Hurst to Shrewsbury. Phil Brown also going back to Bolton
Also Askey back to Macclesfield

Last edited:
It does make you realise how lucky Robbo has been.

Someone like Askey who had a massive rebuilding job to do sacked before Robbo who was able to recruit a heap of shite.

Robinson had a massive rebuilding job too. There is a clear sight of things being turned around by Robinson hence the unbeaten run and the amount of clean sheets we have had.

Isn’t it seven games on the bounce? And quite a few clean sheets. Some convincing home wins. Almost a great away win and scored three away...desperately need an away win to get going though

It does make you realise how lucky Robbo has been.

Someone like Askey who had a massive rebuilding job to do sacked before Robbo who was able to recruit a heap of shite.
Didn't KR have a big rebuilding job as well?
I agree that Askey had a tough job but Shrewsbury had a top squad last season and I believe that they spent money at the start of this season? So you could argue that he had a better base to build from?

Harry Kewell shown the door at Notts County. I don't really know why he left Crawley in the first place for a side who are struggling at the wrong end of League 2.

Appleton lined up by Notts. Good move. For them and him.
I assume that this is a wind up?
He is an excellent manager bit is not a CW in that he doesn't go and change things immediately. He needs his own type of player.
Notts have sacked 2 managers this season (?) So clearly have some problem with the players they have.

Zero chance Appleton goes to notts county. He's established himself as league 1 manager with us and gone to premier as assistant manager. Currently doing punditry work. Why would he drop to sinking ship notts county who tried to buy their way out the league and it's gone wrong.

Appleton lined up by Notts. Good move. For them and him.

Well, MApp has been 'out of work' since June of last year so may be able to take up the task of a reins if it doesn't compromise the terms of a payoff from Leicester. An assistant's salary from a PL club is bound to be worth more than anything Notts County can offer, even during their loopy Munto Finance years a decade ago, so he's better off financially not going for it.

Also, before joining us MApp got the hairdryer treatment down the phone from SAF for going into basket case clubs - Portsmouth, Blackpool, the Venky's run Blackburn. Why would he be influenced to join Notts County who are floundering at the wrong end of League 2 and fired their last manager within 14 games and 74 days?

Only the desperate will be going there ... is that Phil Brown I can hear updating his CV?

I smell bullshit from you, Kip.

Zero chance Appleton goes to notts county. He's established himself as league 1 manager with us and gone to premier as assistant manager. Currently doing punditry work. Why would he drop to sinking ship notts county who tried to buy their way out the league and it's gone wrong.
Perhaps he fancies a challenge?

The one that got away, Sol Campbell, is in contention for the Macclesfield job apparently.

Does every thread on this forum contain statements of fact from Kip that turn out to be wrong?

Actually think that's a silly move by Ardley.

He's been at a stable club for a while and hes jumped at a basket case job without much of a break.

He should have been more patient.

Back
Top Bottom