Transfer News Efl l1 & l2 deadline

I can't see this split between the Championship and the rest of the Football League lasting more than a season.

Erhun Oztumer. Maybe Bolton will accept an offer, because they are in financial ruin at present. 300k worth a cheeky phone call imo.

Is he available for free after not being paid by Bolton? In theory anyway

Is he available for free after not being paid by Bolton? In theory anyway

He would have to put in for breach of contract to get out of his contract. 2 players have done this so far (Sammy Ameobi and a Polish International whose name escapes me).

I can see the logic of L1 teams having a later cut off date than the Champ clubs (in case they have their players 'poached' at the last minute and have to buy players to fill the gaps), but why the whole thing isn't shifted backwards so that all transfers are done before the league games start I can't see. It makes the first few games of the season a buggers muddle, with incomplete teams and players with little or no pre-season with their team mates.

I can see the logic of L1 teams having a later cut off date than the Champ clubs (in case they have their players 'poached' at the last minute and have to buy players to fill the gaps), but why the whole thing isn't shifted backwards so that all transfers are done before the league games start I can't see. It makes the first few games of the season a buggers muddle, with incomplete teams and players with little or no pre-season with their team mates.

Agreed. Luckily as we proved last year we are well planned and funded enough to get our bualsiness done early.

Oh wait no sorry I'm.thinking of someone else

I think it’s an odd decision.

Doesn’t it just mean players and clubs can um and ah about a move for longer?
Players arriving in September lacking match fitness and a good preseason. Something KR is quoting in the ox mail today he wants to avoid???

Back
Top Bottom