EFL highlights no longer on C5

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
I've heard that they've signed Colin Murray - oh joy!
Channel 5 had an odd mix of presenters/guests, not many of which really worked to be honest - dont like Murray, didnt particularly like thingy Hipgrave (though not as bad as she is when she's been on the radio), Virgo and some of the other ex-players that had on just looked uncomfortable in suits while Micky Gray and the glasses just didnt work either.
Probably my favourite was Caroline Barker who stood in when Murray couldnt be bothered who just seemed a bit more genuine than most of the others

I like Colin Murray's presentation.

Channel 5 had an odd mix of presenters/guests, not many of which really worked to be honest - dont like Murray, didnt particularly like thingy Hipgrave (though not as bad as she is when she's been on the radio), Virgo and some of the other ex-players that had on just looked uncomfortable in suits while Micky Gray and the glasses just didnt work either.
Probably my favourite was Caroline Barker who stood in when Murray couldnt be bothered who just seemed a bit more genuine than most of the others

I like Colin Murray's presentation.

So do I. He comes over as enthusiastic and informed. What more do you want?

Thingy? Hipgrave is I think Lynsey! Murray actually understands lower league football, it would be nice if his co-presenter was Caroline Baker

I like Colin Murray on the lower leagues.
He seems to have knowledge and to genuinely enjoy the lower league football.
At times you see presenters of the lower leagues who are clearly clueless...

Whenever I was watching I felt like Lynsey Hipgrave needed to use her indoor voice, as she was much louder than everyone else. The show did eventually get better, but I'll never forget the car crash of the opening show. Fans in the studio for no apparent reason, asking Martin Allen to review footage he'd never seen before after just coming from a match and the league tables made out of cardboard at the end of the show. TV gold.

Last edited:
In other news, according to an ad on Sky, the football season starts this weekend. Can’t wait.
That's great then! According to sky we didn't lose 4-0 and sit bottom of league 1 after being battered by league favourites. I dreamt we played at the weekend, but we didn't? Can't wait for the season opener against Fleetwood.

Did anyone watch it on Saturday? Bit poor Quest don't have a HD channel yet

I recorded it and watched it Sunday morning. I skipped through the championship and didn't bother watching league 2 only wasted 15 mins of my life by doing that.

For me on SKY Q Quest is 866 and Quest HD is 144. Although at the time I didn't know that Quest had a HD channel so watched it on SD.

Same programme, different channel - it does a job, nothing more, nothing less

Did no one else just have a terrible experience, or was it just me on Freeview? Picture breakup for the first 20 minutes, and the whole programme went out squashed in 4:3 ratio. Not to mention the threadbare studio, poor graphics, and lack of overall content outside the highlights?

Did no one else just have a terrible experience, or was it just me on Freeview? Picture breakup for the first 20 minutes, and the whole programme went out squashed in 4:3 ratio. Not to mention the threadbare studio, poor graphics, and lack of overall content outside the highlights?
Had picture issues on Virgin Media for the first 5-10 mins, the 4:3 ratio issue was Freeview only I think

Back
Top Bottom