EFL family excellence award winners 2018/19

I have to say that the club do a fantastic job in this area.

My son was mascot back at the Bradford game, the whole experience was so well run and worked perfectly. Mascots get about 30 minutes in the dressing room about two hours before kick off with all the players around, ample time for pictures and autographs, full tour of the ground (boardroom, press box, tv gantry, pretty much everywhere. They then get to the family room for 20 minutes before doing a warm up on the pitch and then going out on the pitch with the team. Rosie and Adam kept us fully up to date with everything, we got all the photos by email a couple of days after and the two guys taking us around did a super job.

The week after we went on the family fun day to Cov. Again, it worked flawlessly, Kath and team did a fantastic job with Shandon visiting the coach before it left the car park, Malachi came up to Coventry on the coach, there was loads to keep the kids entertained on the journey up and back (competitions, quiz etc.) and it was just really well done and very affordable.

Finally, we stayed after the game today to get autographs as the little man really wanted the only two (Mackie and Nelson) that he missed on mascot day. All of the boys were very good with the kids... engaging, signing and posing for everything and a credit to the club. Jack Stevens was a total legend after giving my boy a pair of signed gloves unprompted and has a new biggest fan. I think that shows that we have a great bunch of lads in the current squad, but also that the community ethos is encouraged throughout the club.

We all have a moan about little (and big!!) things during the course of the season, but IMHO this is one big area where the club should be very proud of itself and deserves a huge amount of credit. Well played, have a good summer everyone at OUFC (hopefully after screwing Luton's party!) and roll on August!

I have to say that the club do a fantastic job in this area.

My son was mascot back at the Bradford game, the whole experience was so well run and worked perfectly. Mascots get about 30 minutes in the dressing room about two hours before kick off with all the players around, ample time for pictures and autographs, full tour of the ground (boardroom, press box, tv gantry, pretty much everywhere. They then get to the family room for 20 minutes before doing a warm up on the pitch and then going out on the pitch with the team. Rosie and Adam kept us fully up to date with everything, we got all the photos by email a couple of days after and the two guys taking us around did a super job.

The week after we went on the family fun day to Cov. Again, it worked flawlessly, Kath and team did a fantastic job with Shandon visiting the coach before it left the car park, Malachi came up to Coventry on the coach, there was loads to keep the kids entertained on the journey up and back (competitions, quiz etc.) and it was just really well done and very affordable.

Finally, we stayed after the game today to get autographs as the little man really wanted the only two (Mackie and Nelson) that he missed on mascot day. All of the boys were very good with the kids... engaging, signing and posing for everything and a credit to the club. Jack Stevens was a total legend after giving my boy a pair of signed gloves unprompted and has a new biggest fan. I think that shows that we have a great bunch of lads in the current squad, but also that the community ethos is encouraged throughout the club.

We all have a moan about little (and big!!) things during the course of the season, but IMHO this is one big area where the club should be very proud of itself and deserves a huge amount of credit. Well played, have a good summer everyone at OUFC (hopefully after screwing Luton's party!) and roll on August!
Really good to hear.

Back
Top Bottom