EPL Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

He spent lots of money for a small club. If Lampard or Arteta spent the same nobody would take any notice.
i hope he gets a chance at a bigger club. I wonder if Newcastle night be the club for him, taking some of his players with him.
it should be remembered too that Bournemouth win their last game away in style and only got relegated by a small margin.
its the right thing for him to leave. Let someone else see if they can emulate what he’s done

I don’t think he spent any money at all

EeT21WRWoAARsuB

"Expect more 9-0`s" he said...................

No thanks said the board.

The toxic challenge of being the small fish in a tank of sharks...
I think when you get beat by 9 you’re on very thin ice. Southampton have proved it doesn’t have to be the end but their manager wasn‘t quite so brutal in his assessment. Sean Dyche the obvious choice for the job.

What do Bournemouth expect after playing Arsenal Manchester City and Liverpool away…nine points. Not even in the bottom three. Over achieves by getting them up, then sacked in August. At this rate there’ll be ten new managers in the EPL in the next few weeks.
Who on earth would want to go there now? maybe a job for Sam till Christmas and Warnock till the end of the season

What do Bournemouth expect after playing Arsenal Manchester City and Liverpool away…nine points. Not even in the bottom three. Over achieves by getting them up, then sacked in August. At this rate there’ll be ten new managers in the EPL in the next few weeks.
Who on earth would want to go there now? maybe a job for Sam till Christmas and Warnock till the end of the season
The thing I like about Bournemouth in the top flight is that they've scored goals and tried to play good football. It won't always work but appointing some 0-0-meister probably won't either, and will drain any pleasure out of their PL stay.

I`m so glad we made it to the "promised land" before it went money-mad.
And we got smashed several times but jeez it was fun while it lasted!

Sorry kids you had to be there. :)

Some lovely big payouts for minimal work. Can't blame the managers really it seems like a dream job!

There are 8 billion people in the world. I think at least half of them would fancy taking a job where you either do well and get well rewarded, or you fail and get paid off a tonne of money.

The suggestion (according to the lot wittering on Sky Sports News) is that Scott Parker wasn't happy at the club's model, hence his recent moaning in press conferences. The owner has said the club has to be sustainable which is the model going forward and signings etc will be based on that which Parker isn't willing to work to. I assume the increased income will be used a bit to cut debt and maybe invest in the club's infrastructure. They have spent something like £24m in transfer fees this summer which in comparison to Forest and Fulham is not a lot.

I don't think the model is much different from what Sean Dyche worked under at Burnley for most of his time there.

Last edited:
If you read the statement it’s not about results. They’ve had an increasingly public Barney because Parker wanted to spend money on bringing players in so the club can compete and the board want to run the club ‘sustainably’

Back
Top Bottom