EPL Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Makes you wonder what the future is for them now?
Big question is where next for Howe? There arent many openings in the prem at the moment. Maybe somewhere like Forest who I suppose could be classed as a sleeping giant desperate to get back to the top flight. Could Bristol City entice him? They’re backed by someone with big ambition.

I guess his job was done. Makes sense for both parties to start afresh and I'm sure Howe will land a top job even if he does have to wait a while.

Unpopular opinion coming - I always thought he was a bit overrated.

A good manager but appeared in the category as a great one when he took Bournemouth up with a lot of Russian money behind him. He’s managed to spunk over £30m on transfers this season on pretty crap players and things were starting to plateau. His spell outside of Dorset with Burnley didn’t yield a lot either.

He has plenty of time to show everyone he can do other things but I think he’ll see a string of ordinary jobs before fading out of the game as a Director of Football somewhere.

Bournemouth could easily do a Portsmuff................. or far worse........ and they will struggle to recover from that.

Big question is where next for Howe? There arent many openings in the prem at the moment. Maybe somewhere like Forest who I suppose could be classed as a sleeping giant desperate to get back to the top flight. Could Bristol City entice him? They’re backed by someone with big ambition.
Or he can just wait a couple of months and take the first half decent Premier League gig that comes about.

I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham shaft Moyes again to bring Howe in.

Unpopular opinion coming - I always thought he was a bit overrated.

A good manager but appeared in the category as a great one when he took Bournemouth up with a lot of Russian money behind him. He’s managed to spunk over £30m on transfers this season on pretty crap players and things were starting to plateau. His spell outside of Dorset with Burnley didn’t yield a lot either.

He has plenty of time to show everyone he can do other things but I think he’ll see a string of ordinary jobs before fading out of the game as a Director of Football somewhere.

You ALWAYS thought he was over rated ?

You would have just about been the only person out there who thought he was over rated when he was taking Bournemouth through the divisions - from the brink of oblivion in L2 - to the PL. How can anyone have possibly considered him over rated during that time ? The last18 months have been a bit of a struggle for him and even now I wouldn’t considers him at all over rated. Dyche has relegated Burnley and brought them back, a relegation doesn’t make you a bad manager.

Howe is a bright manager and I think he has a really big future. Bournemouth haven’t been reckless, playing kamikaze style football like Holloway’s Blackpool did. Someone will get themselves a very good manager. If he bides his time the likes of Newcastle, West Ham or even Leeds could be looking for a new manager if they make an iffy start.

He's a project manager, any chairman that employs him will need a lot of patience.

He ran his course. Some astronomical sums of money wasted on terrible players in recent seasons.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Bournemouth. They were very, very naughty with their spending on the way up the leagues. There could be a few people waiting to have a word with them once the plane is back on the tarmac.

He ran his course. Some astronomical sums of money wasted on terrible players in recent seasons.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Bournemouth. They were very, very naughty with their spending on the way up the leagues. There could be a few people waiting to have a word with them once the plane is back on the tarmac.
I really enjoyed seeing them on motd though. Some great counter attacking and big wins over top teams. It’s one thing to have a barnstorming season in the premier league but he had four and a half.

I can see him taking a bit of time out before his next job (6/12 months) unless something is to good to turn down, as for Bournemouth god knows what happens next for them all there star plays look like leaving Ake, Brooks, Ramsdale, King, Fraser, Wilson they’ll get decent fees for (bar Fraser) wonder if Harry Redknapp would be interested always like to go where there’s money is & on his doorstep

He spent lots of money for a small club. If Lampard or Arteta spent the same nobody would take any notice.
i hope he gets a chance at a bigger club. I wonder if Newcastle night be the club for him, taking some of his players with him.
it should be remembered too that Bournemouth win their last game away in style and only got relegated by a small margin.
its the right thing for him to leave. Let someone else see if they can emulate what he’s done

I suppose the other thing is that I guess he would have had his contract paid off as seems to be the way these days.
That might come with conditions like Appleton when he left Leicester.

I suppose the other thing is that I guess he would have had his contract paid off as seems to be the way these days.
That might come with conditions like Appleton when he left Leicester.

I'm not sure if that's the case with mutual consent.

I can see him taking a bit of time out before his next job (6/12 months) unless something is to good to turn down, as for Bournemouth god knows what happens next for them all there star plays look like leaving Ake, Brooks, Ramsdale, King, Fraser, Wilson they’ll get decent fees for (bar Fraser) wonder if Harry Redknapp would be interested always like to go where there’s money is & on his doorstep

Not sure I would trust Redknapp with £130M!???

it should be remembered too that Bournemouth win their last game away in style and only got relegated by a small margin.
its the right thing for him to leave. Let someone else see if they can emulate what he’s done
They also only got relegated because goal line technology, the one piece of tech they use that most of us thought was infallible, somehow failed to see the Villa keeper carry the ball 2 feet over his own goal line in the first game back after lockdown. Villa earned a point that day when they should have had none, and in the end that proved the difference due to having a worse goal difference than Bournemouth.

They also only got relegated because goal line technology, the one piece of tech they use that most of us thought was infallible, somehow failed to see the Villa keeper carry the ball 2 feet over his own goal line in the first game back after lockdown. Villa earned a point that day when they should have had none, and in the end that proved the difference due to having a worse goal difference than Bournemouth.
Overly simplistic I'm afraid.
Every club can point to decisions that went against them and noone can say that a different decision made in that moment would not have affected anything else in the rest of the game! If villa had gone behind then they would have gone to get an equaliser rather than sitting on the draw they had. Maybe they'd have got it, maybe they'd have left themselves open and conceded again, but maybe in getting the equaliser they'd have generated enough momentum to go on and get a winner.
I will be very disappointed if they go down the legal route on this

Back
Top Bottom