Current Player #13 Simon Eastwood

Roy Burton was a great GK when I first went up the Manor in the 70's. Easty is on course to be the best GK for the mighty Yellows.

No, Phil Whitehead still beats Easty. Easty would have to perform at Championship level consistently for a couple of seasons at least.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Boss sound tune from back in the day, to help 'Clint' on his way back to fitness .....

Always believed a defence will play with more confidence if they have total confidence in their goalkeeper. Mitchell hasn't been a disaster at all but he's certainly no Eastwood. 2 clean sheets in a row too, hopefully more of those to come!

Slightly concerning on Radio Oxford when they spoke of his knee injury. Hopefully nothing that will keep him out.

He came out for the second half long after the outfield players. I was wondering if he had been having treatment but don't notice any restriction to his movement. let's hope it's a minor injury that will clear up quickly.

Hopefully nothing serious or maybe funds ear marked for a striker will need to be spent on a goalkeeper.

Jack Stevens is more then capable back up. Watching him in the warm up today, he looks like a quality shot stopper. Luckily for us he can have a week off recovery and give Stevens the shirt against Bury.

He did look competent in warm up today, but having seen him a fair few times, he has little confidence controlling his box or communicating with his defence. Maybe this will come with experience, but I can seen why kr wasn't keen to have him as the back up the last time Eastwood was injured.

He wouldn't inspire me as a defender if we were to have to use him. Again, points to the same old adage, we don't have strength in depth in terms of players kr is confident could do a job in the first 11.

Stevens will excel if called upon, seems to be one of the leaders in the U23 squad and when I’ve watched them thought he communicated well with his back four and at least as much as any other keeper these days. Home fans love a keeper that’s come through the youth set up and would be right behind him if called upon.

When we had Buchel, at least he was a reliable stopper to step in

Back
Top Bottom