Eastwood injury

Followtheox1

Slightly concerning on Radio Oxford when they spoke of his knee injury. Hopefully nothing that will keep him out.

sideshowrob

He came out for the second half long after the outfield players. I was wondering if he had been having treatment but don't notice any restriction to his movement. let's hope it's a minor injury that will clear up quickly.

OX11yellow

Hopefully nothing serious or maybe funds ear marked for a striker will need to be spent on a goalkeeper.

Mellowyellow

Jack Stevens is more then capable back up. Watching him in the warm up today, he looks like a quality shot stopper. Luckily for us he can have a week off recovery and give Stevens the shirt against Bury.

He did look competent in warm up today, but having seen him a fair few times, he has little confidence controlling his box or communicating with his defence. Maybe this will come with experience, but I can seen why kr wasn't keen to have him as the back up the last time Eastwood was injured.

He wouldn't inspire me as a defender if we were to have to use him. Again, points to the same old adage, we don't have strength in depth in terms of players kr is confident could do a job in the first 11.

BigLad

Stevens will excel if called upon, seems to be one of the leaders in the U23 squad and when I’ve watched them thought he communicated well with his back four and at least as much as any other keeper these days. Home fans love a keeper that’s come through the youth set up and would be right behind him if called upon.

OX18

When we had Buchel, at least he was a reliable stopper to step in

Oxymoron

Noticed that when he was taking goal kicks yesterday his action had what I can only describe as "a little sideways jump" as he took the kick.

Never observed this before and am now wondering if it was to avoid taking all his weight on his left peg?

Jason N

If we lose Eastwood for any amount of time, we will get relegated! Probably the single most important player for us.

Followtheox1

Noticed that when he was taking goal kicks yesterday his action had what I can only describe as "a little sideways jump" as he took the kick.

Never observed this before and am now wondering if it was to avoid taking all his weight on his left peg?
On Radio Oxford they said they were trying to avoid back passes so I think your observations are right. Ten games to our next league game so hopefully that will be enough time.

Eaststandboy

Owner
Staff member
I wonder if the injury happened when he over touched that back pass and had to stretch to clear it (which lead to our goal)? He also fell when he locked it earlier in the game.

Gary Baldi

It sounds like the issue with Eastwood has been managed for a little while and they don't know how bad it could be.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Left Wing Cross OUFC Players 5
pooshooter OUFC Players 117
W OUFC Players 8
captainox OUFC Players 360
MiddleBartonYellow OUFC Players 33