Eastwood handball v Dawson handball

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Hey

So in the Norwich V Sheff Weds game, the Wednesday goalie did something similar to Eastwood but only got a yellow. Not seen the incident at Norwich, but what are the actual rules for this?

For context:

D4ibZEjW0AA6Vfj.jpg:large

I thought the rule was clear as day, but obviously not. Thank you PGMOL for your ongoing incompetence.

No chance... The FA protect their own at all costs. At best the Ref in that game will be "reminded" about the rules and it will be left there.

The laws are surprisingly sparse, and all I could find on this appreciably cursory glance is that the “goalkeeper is subject to the same restrictions as outfield players when outside of his box“ which is of course pretty intuitive.

There is absolutely no mandatory send off law, as some in here have imagined. Whingit is right to say that Drysdale must have ruled denial of a goal-scoring opportunity, but a) Eastwood was mistaken, not cynical, the ball was moving towards him and away from Taylor, and Taylor was hardly most likely of the two to win the contest. b) if Drysdale is so keen to punish denial of a goal-scoring opportunity with a red card, then he tripped himself up 15 minutes later by failing to do so.

To me it all smacks of a decision that Drysdale could justify, but really didn’t NEED to make; and no-one likes a pedant with a whistle.

The laws are surprisingly sparse, and all I could find on this appreciably cursory glance is that the “goalkeeper is subject to the same restrictions as outfield players when outside of his box“ which is of course pretty intuitive.

There is absolutely no mandatory send off law, as some in here have imagined. Whingit is right to say that Drysdale must have ruled denial of a goal-scoring opportunity, but a) Eastwood was mistaken, not cynical, the ball was moving towards him and away from Taylor, and Taylor was hardly most likely of the two to win the contest. b) if Drysdale is so keen to punish denial of a goal-scoring opportunity with a red card, then he tripped himself up 15 minutes later by failing to do so.

To me it all smacks of a decision that Drysdale could justify, but really didn’t NEED to make; and no-one likes a pedant with a whistle.

So was their defender with Sinclair though, but he was only shown a yellow.

Maybe because he waved play on for the sinclair challenge? Thought if advantage is given only a yellow is allowed.

Eastwood denied a goalscoring opportunity but the other keeper didn't because of the defenders.
Exactly as a former referee eastwood was sent off for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. there was no defenders between him and the onrushing attacker. in the other instance defenders are between the attacker and the ball.

Seriously the hate towards referees on here is bad, and assuming incompetance when often their interpretation could be right. it is clear many forum users couldn't have never read "the laws of the game" or have the foogiest ideas of the laws of the sport they are supposed to watch. especially in this absolute stonewall issue.

I'd rather have had the red.

This is where that law gets silly for me, as if garbutt stops, then we have a free kick, their player is sent off, and we can run down the clock in their area. By allowing an advantage, it didn’t advantage us in the slightest

Exactly as a former referee eastwood was sent off for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. there was no defenders between him and the onrushing attacker. in the other instance defenders are between the attacker and the ball.

Seriously the hate towards referees on here is bad, and assuming incompetance when often their interpretation could be right. it is clear many forum users couldn't have never read "the laws of the game" or have the foogiest ideas of the laws of the sport they are supposed to watch. especially in this absolute stonewall issue.
I didn't know Easty was a former referee? (Sorry, couldn't resist. Punctuation is so important, you know?)

And, if that was a goal scoring opportunity, why was Taylor going in the opposite direction to the ball?
I don't "hate" all referees, I do have some strong reservations about some of the ego tripping, incompetent and ignorant few who are allowed to officiate in what is a professional sport with financial implications from the outcomes of their deficiencies.
Drysdale is well known for his idiosyncratic ways and fits my description for one due reservations.