Eaststandboy's portfolio

Ah - so there is a monthly charge?
Only for the "Plus" version. The normal platform is free. However, it is slow to react to prices and the ordinary version does not have anything like the number of shares listed on the "Plus" version.
For the amateur/hobby trader it is fine. If you are, as you say, trading within a group at larger quantities then it would not be suitable.

It's something I have often thought I would like to get into, but a) I don't know enough about it all and b) I don't really have much spare cash to invest, so probably not ideal lol. If you have made any money so far would you say the amount you have made is worth it versus the effort and money you have had to put in?

It's something I have often thought I would like to get into, but a) I don't know enough about it all and b) I don't really have much spare cash to invest, so probably not ideal lol. If you have made any money so far would you say the amount you have made is worth it versus the effort and money you have had to put in?
Like any kind of gambling, and that is what this is, in essence, you can lose. However, with a little bit of patience and research, it is possible to make some more "informed" investments and even make a profit. Like any form of gambling, don't gamble what you cannot afford to lose.
The Freetrade platform is designed with the lower level of investor. It's a simple app to use, it's regulated by the financial norms and while not the most technically advanced, it does do what it says it will. There are a few of us on here who have accounts and as you can read, some of us have made a few quid. (we've all lost a few too but I think most of us are keeping our heads above water!)

If you want to have a go, it's free and if you do invest using the link below, both of us will get a free share.

https://freetrade.io/freeshare/?code=F2ZE64Q3YF&sender=uuJnNnSz

Like any kind of gambling, and that is what this is, in essence, you can lose. However, with a little bit of patience and research, it is possible to make some more "informed" investments and even make a profit. Like any form of gambling, don't gamble what you cannot afford to lose.
The Freetrade platform is designed with the lower level of investor. It's a simple app to use, it's regulated by the financial norms and while not the most technically advanced, it does do what it says it will. There are a few of us on here who have accounts and as you can read, some of us have made a few quid. (we've all lost a few too but I think most of us are keeping our heads above water!)

If you want to have a go, it's free and if you do invest using the link below, both of us will get a free share.

https://freetrade.io/freeshare/?code=F2ZE64Q3YF&sender=uuJnNnSz
Oi you! stop hogging my commission! :ROFLMAO:

@Wallop & @McVicar you can also get a free share on Trading212: www.trading212.com/invite/Fz6b8rM1 and we both get a free share!

2 free shares!
I'm not sure one free share is enough to move me to a new account unless you get to choose - if so, I'll have this one!

Do they just allocate you a random share? Which one did you get and what was it's value?

Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class A USD5 (BRK.A)

Sell: 354,000.00Buy:354,340.00
security-down-arrow.gif
-359.00 (-0.10%)
Trade high: 356,260.00
Trade low: 354,000.00
Volume: n/a

I'm not sure one free share is enough to move me to a new account unless you get to choose - if so, I'll have this one!

Do they just allocate you a random share? Which one did you get and what was it's value?

Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class A USD5 (BRK.A)

Sell: 354,000.00Buy:354,340.00
security-down-arrow.gif
-359.00 (-0.10%)
Trade high: 356,260.00
Trade low: 354,000.00
Volume: n/a
Hey

You don't need to move away, you could sell the share straight away and take the extra cash. I have got about 3-4 over the years, ranging from £1-£5.

Its between £3-£200 now, so the Berkshire H share wont apply :p

I have been using Freeshare for some relatively straightforward ISA stuff and Fineco Bank for a GIA. Fineco aren’t the quickest to do anything but it’s a good platform and the prices aren’t bad at all.

TENCENT HLDGS LTD9.45%
ALIBABA GROUP HLDG LTD9.23%
MEITUAN4.59%
PING AN INSURANCE(GR)CO OF CHINA4.50%
JD.COM INC4.20%
KWEICHOW MOUTAI3.24%
CONTEMPORARY AMPEREX TECHNOLOGY CO2.46%
CHINA MERCHANTS BANK CO LTD2.19%
ZAI LAB LTD2.16%
LI NING CO LTD2.13%
Some good names in there. There have been some outstanding names across the Asian Indices over the last 14 months. Also, some dont realise how the influence of Chinese and SEA money has impacted the markets during Covid

Well, I have not done a portfolio update for over a year!

It has been a struggle during Covid now the Ukraine/Russia war, most my investments are down, but I am not going to panic into selling for a loss:
Here we go:

*donates a new position

Freetrade
City of London: +15%
Legal & General: +4.56%
M&G: +8.75
* IP Group: -32.25%
Greatland Gold: +20.50% - WAS +155% in Feb 21!
AFC Energy: +4.52% - Was +91 in Feb 21
Oxford Nanopore: -30%
ITV: -34%
Premier Foods: +17%
Eurasia: -12% - Was +97% in Feb 21
Elementis: -13%
Technology Minerals: -29%
Byotrol: -60%
BP: -20%
Sound Energy: -21%
Bushveld: -11%
MGC Pharma: -78%
Public Private: -61%
Centrica: -19%
Kanabo Group: -81%

Etoro:

Imperial Brands: -12%
Taylor Wimpey: -44%
Micro Focus: -47%
ADT: -39%
Intercept Pharma: -80%

Trading212:
Trading212Mar22.jpg
Corporate Universe was +22% in Feb 21, but have had a lot of issues so to speak!
American Made Batteries was + 35% in Feb 21

HL:

Stocks and Shares ISA
HLStocksandSharesISA.jpg

SIPP:
HLSIPP.jpg

Baillie Gifford China was +22% in Feb 21
L&G Glocbal Healthcare was -0.14% in Feb 21

The SIPP is new.

It has been a struggle during Covid now the Ukraine/Russia war, most my investments are down, but I am not going to panic into selling for a loss:
Here we go:

*donates a new position

Freetrade

Etoro:

Trading212:
View attachment 8560
Corporate Universe was +22% in Feb 21, but have had a lot of issues so to speak!

Here we go:

*donates a new position

Freetrade

Etoro:

Trading212:
View attachment 8560
Sorry Byotrol hasn’t worked yet. I’ve got 22500 of them. I’m hoping the directors don’t buy it out. It’s certainly cash rich and a waiting game.
Kingswood have recently taken over another company and are becoming a fairly big player, worth £64m
City of London doing very nicely and paying out three monthly and definitely worth holding

I have finally sold Imperial Brands (for a £1.50 + divs profit).

I know they pay a decent dividend, but the share price had been LOW for years!

The market won’t do well today.
I would expect Dow to jump later on today and that often has a good effect

Back
Top Bottom