East Stand Mural

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailsWeWin

Is it going to happen, or have I been imagining it? Not the same without a bit of colour behind us!

Bring back the east stand flags and we'll return to winning ways..... oops forgot the tax exiled stadium landlord (& self appointed custodian of OUFC) stadco set up have, after many years, decided to cite Health and safety as thier reason for NOT allowing flags at the back of the east stand

If the mural takes as long as the training ground to get completed, its gonna be quite a while before any mural appears , especially given the contempt the admin side of OUFC seem to currently have for the fan base, given the rubbish performances in the league so far, that still cost £25 (or more ) to witness!!:cautious:

Bring back the east stand flags and we'll return to winning ways..... oops forgot the tax exiled stadium landlord (& self appointed custodian of OUFC) stadco set up have, after many years, decided to cite Health and safety as thier reason for NOT allowing flags at the back of the east stand

If the mural takes as long as the training ground to get completed, its gonna be quite a while before any mural appears , especially given the contempt the admin side of OUFC seem to currently have for the fan base, given the rubbish performances in the league so far, that still cost £25 (or more ) to witness!!:cautious:

Hi @Sarge

Actually the mural is more of an OxVox project and I can assure you that better people than myself are doing a lot of work to pull it all together. Part of the problem in sourcing pictures without copyright on them. We are getting there and I promise to keep you updated with progress. We also met with Ian Mixter before the game yesterday to look over the fabulous OxRails. We were really impressed and with help we may be able to expand this trial. He is also confident the banners will be back up soon and it does actually seem to be a health and safety issue (it's gone mad apparently!). I personally really miss the colour and he is confident they should be back up by the time the cameras arrive for the Cov game.

Hi @Sarge

Actually the mural is more of an OxVox project and I can assure you that better people than myself are doing a lot of work to pull it all together. Part of the problem in sourcing pictures without copyright on them. We are getting there and I promise to keep you updated with progress. We also met with Ian Mixter before the game yesterday to look over the fabulous OxRails. We were really impressed and with help we may be able to expand this trial. He is also confident the banners will be back up soon and it does actually seem to be a health and safety issue (it's gone mad apparently!). I personally really miss the colour and he is confident they should be back up by the time the cameras arrive for the Cov game.

cheers for the insight & info @Paul P :)
Im already looking forward to our (first) league win (this season)over cov' then ;)

Ultras and OxVox working hard to come to a solution which will see them return. Asking a lot of young lads though, I admire their enthusiasm to carry on in these situations and circumstances.

I assume it would be a bit more colourful/aesthetic than that image shown. It looks quite messy but I guess that is just for the article?

Hate to be a "moaner" but......

"The final choice of images will be decided via a public vote, available to all fans, the details of this are to be announced shortly. "

Surely the vote should be by those who have put their hands in their pockets?

Hate to be a "moaner" but......

"The final choice of images will be decided via a public vote, available to all fans, the details of this are to be announced shortly. "

Surely the vote should be by those who have put their hands in their pockets?
its a tough one that isnt going to please everyone, as it donations people can pledge any amount so in case above, person a puts 1p in and gets a vote, person b puts £1k in but still gets one vote - no real difference

I presume there is already a shortlist of images then.

Some I'd hope to see...

Massey on crossbar @ Wycombe
M Ford sat on injured M Aldridge celebrating goal v Swindon
Shotts with Milk Cup
Maguire seven in a row celebration
Brock free kick v Man Utd
Roy Burton making a save

Loads of classic images from throughout the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom