East Stand Mural Project

if after the remaining 20 days, the target isn't met - does OxVox fund the gap or is it postponed until such time the target is met?

I'd rather put money in for a goog cause like purchasing season tickets for the neady.
I don't think we should be brightoning up Kassams stadium.

So 140 fans have got it to nearly 4k. £1 each from the rest of regular fans would take it there.

Survey done, Mrs Lounger completed as well.
Just looking at some of the photos made me think that maybe an improved version of the Ultra's banner "Time for heroes" might not be a better idea?
Stick in the Ox head emblem as well and you have a striking image, plain for all to see.

Having done the survey, I didn't think it would be as hard as it was to pick between photos.

I still worry that many of those images are too cluttered and won't be easy to make out. I got half way through the voting and then decided not to continue.

Are you considering bucket collections at home games?
Obviously wouldn't be allowed these days .... back at the Manor there were charity collections 'held' by volunteers (brave ones) who'd walk around the pitch perimeter holding a blanket, with coins thrown into the blanket from supporters on the terraces. Would consitute lengthy bans these days if supporters threw coins even for a good cause, and the volunteers would need body armour & hard hats minimum

However bucket collections at the turnstiles, and if the club would agree to it, perhaps a half time bucket collection around the pitch perimeter, where contributors could put (not throw- obviously) donations in at a couple of home games- plus perhaps a bucket collection at The 'Bird, and other local hostelrys where oufc supporters muster pre match as well?

Obviously wouldn't be allowed these days .... back at the Manor there were charity collections 'held' by volunteers (brave ones) who'd walk around the pitch perimeter holding a blanket, with coins thrown into the blanket from supporters on the terraces. Would consitute lengthy bans these days if supporters threw coins even for a good cause, and the volunteers would need body armour & hard hats minimum

However bucket collections at the turnstiles, and if the club would agree to it, perhaps a half time bucket collection around the pitch perimeter, where contributors could put (not throw- obviously) donations in at a couple of home games- plus perhaps a bucket collection at The 'Bird, and other local hostelrys where oufc supporters muster pre match as well?

It would seem an obvious plan, and unless there is already plans for a bucket collection by other organisations at one of the relevant games, surely the club would support it.

I think many fans would be more willing to donate once the vote is done and there is a finalised design.

It would seem an obvious plan, and unless there is already plans for a bucket collection by other organisations at one of the relevant games, surely the club would support it.
heres hoping they will

Some of us may have sponsored some time ago (June) and have only now had chance to vote. :rolleyes:
Trying to send folk on a "guilt trip" with the tweet "200 votes & only 2 donations" is a fast way to P**s folk off.
I could ask why the committee didn`t put the horse in front of the cart?
Design it, cost it, fundraise. Simple.

3 now, I donated :)
What about having it printed on a full wall length banner, at least we could move it if Ka$$am got funny or take it with if we b****r off ;)

Survey done, Mrs Lounger completed as well.
Just looking at some of the photos made me think that maybe an improved version of the Ultra's banner "Time for heroes" might not be a better idea?
Stick in the Ox head emblem as well and you have a striking image, plain for all to see.

Couldn’t agree more, I don’t think the photos will have the visual impact and I think will look a little odd all set against each other. I’m still going to contribute though on the basis anything is better that makes it more homely.

Need to edit the surveymonkey address on the official site, the URL has a decimal point on the end and will confuse some people as it does not work!

Well done, love the pic options, Donation made!

COYY's

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more, I don’t think the photos will have the visual impact and I think will look a little odd all set against each other. I’m still going to contribute though on the basis anything is better that makes it more homely.
Vote for the predominantly yellow photos for the effect you want. It’s what it looks like from 50 metres that matters most.

I still worry that many of those images are too cluttered and won't be easy to make out. I got half way through the voting and then decided not to continue.
That's exactly what I did. Most of the photos are far too fussy.

To me they need to get someone with a bit of graphic design on the case, or it's just going to end up a bit of a mess.

Back
Top Bottom