Ipswich 5/1
Sheff W 13/2
Derby 10/1
Pompey, Posh, Barnsley 14/1
OXFORD, MK, Bolton 16/1
Charlton, Wycombe 20/1
Plymouth 25/1

...and who cares about the rest.

These always amuse me so early in the transfer window. Without knowing the squads, how can anyone predict? They seem based on club 'bigness' rather than much else!

Doubtless, I shall trundle to the bookies and place my annual bet.
League Champions
FA Cup Winners
League Cup Winners

3 singles, 2 doubles, 1 treble............ one day I tell you, one day... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

These always amuse me so early in the transfer window. Without knowing the squads, how can anyone predict? They seem based on club 'bigness' rather than much else!
The bigger clubs have bigger crowds, higher revenues, and normally a higher squad budget. It doesn't make much difference who they sign, if a club has a higher budget, it should perform better. Relegated clubs from the Championship typically end up in or near the play-offs if they have kept their squad together.

I find it more fun to try and pick the teams to get relegated. Accrington *should* probably be favourites based on my squad budget theory, but they are a well run club who have outperformed for a number of seasons now. Fleetwood and Morecambe just survived last season, I think both will struggle and the promoted teams are all well supported or well backed (FGR).

It's certainly more difficult, doubt many would have had Gills and Donneh as fodder.

Lasts season's odds for interest:

7/1 - Sunderland, Ipswich
8/1 - Sheffield Wednesday
11/1 - Charlton, Wigan
12/1 - Lincoln, Portsmouth
14/1 - Rotherham
16/1 - Oxford
18/1 - Bolton, MK Dons, Wycombe

The bigger clubs have bigger crowds, higher revenues, and normally a higher squad budget. It doesn't make much difference who they sign, if a club has a higher budget, it should perform better. Relegated clubs from the Championship typically end up in or near the play-offs if they have kept their squad together.
Yes, of course the better resourced clubs are are more *likely* to perform better. But (although I have absolutely no interest in betting) I think I could have put that list together based on the size of the clubs together with a cursory look at the finishing table from last season. And (as M points out in his recap of last year's odds) it isn't going to be very accurate. But I guess the aim isn't to predict the league but to separate people from their money and the more supporters a club has the greater to pool of punters!

It's certainly more difficult, doubt many would have had Gills and Donneh as fodder.

11/1 - Charlton, Wigan
14/1 - Rotherham
16/1 - Oxford
Interesting that we virtually performed as bookies predicted. Lincoln and Charlton though - ahem.

11/1 - Charlton, Wigan
14/1 - Rotherham
16/1 - Oxford
last year my predictions (and final league positions) were
CHAMPIONSHIP
TOP4
Swansea - 15th
RELEGATION
Huddersfield - 3rd

LEAGUE ONE
TOP4
Oxford - 8th
RELEGATION
Cheltenham - 15th
AFC Wimbledon - 23rd

LEAGUE TWO
TOP4
Exeter - 2nd
RELEGATION
Stevenage - 21st

NATIONAL LEAGUE
TOP 4 - Wrexham - 2nd

I got a little bit back, but not a lot.

Right now, Derby look more likely to do a Bolton - or even a Bury - than they do to turn things around quickly and challenge for promotion this season.

Things can change in a hurry, but they look like a horrible bet at the moment.

Can see why Ipswich & Wednesday are favourites though. Both seemed to sort it out in the second half of last season, and if they keep up that momentum, they'll both be thereabouts.

Have to admit, I'll probably alternate years putting a couple of quid on either Barnsley or Rotherham to get promoted for the rest of my life.

Bookies odds at this stage area predominantly who
Are better supported therefore more likely to see patriotic ones money

This concept opens an opportunity for bothered