Eales

5.25% WOW
Do you actually understand what that means in monetary value?

Each ordinary share is equivalent to £1.00. Eales may have given up the post of director but, he remains the second largest shareholder.

A number of positives will come out from this, the most notable will be Tiger's ability to now re-build the board and be able to make decisions without the pressures and potential conflict. Firoz will be delighted too.

Let’s see.

I liked Eales when he came in.He Apps and Ashton slowly turned this club around.

He had two good years and the tour abroad was brilliant.

However when it all started to go wrong for him personally the first year in div 1, he stopped talking to the fans and I believe he would have been remembered really well if he had taken the Satori/Donald deal when we still going well.

He sold out to Tiger for the extra few quid and I believe that was a mistake,not for him but the club.He always said he would put the club first and he reneged on this

Ultimately he was chairman when we got promoted and had two trips to Wembley so history will show his tenure was successful.
I'm unsure how you can come to the conclusion he "reneged" on anything yet, until Tigers plans come to fruition or not it will be very hard to judge, if you are suggesting it could/might have been better with Santori, would of that deal gone gone through once the WE fiasco was exposed as fantasy, would methead and his money man steered us to better things considering the financial input required with no pot of gold at the end.

DE announced the Tiger deal was for the better of the club, only time will tell if Tiger comes up with the goods.
Whether the Santori, Donald and co option would of been better will only have to guessed at, as they didn't have the inclination to follow through to support their local team.

I'm unsure how you can come to the conclusion he "reneged" on anything yet, until Tigers plans come to fruition or not it will be very hard to judge, if you are suggesting it could/might have been better with Santori, would of that deal gone gone through once the WE fiasco was exposed as fantasy, would methead and his money man steered us to better things considering the financial input required with no pot of gold at the end.

DE announced the Tiger deal was for the better of the club, only time will tell if Tiger comes up with the goods.
Whether the Santori, Donald and co option would of been better will only have to guessed at, as they didn't have the inclination to follow through to support their local team.

I believe that our current situation will give us some clues regarding our new owner. The next two games will be very important to Tiger and how he reacts if we don’t pick up at least 3 points from the two games. The loan window closes next week and I’m not sure if we are allowed any more loans. Robinson will need to be backed or sacked if he continues to fail.

I believe that our current situation will give us some clues regarding our new owner. The next two games will be very important to Tiger and how he reacts if we don’t pick up at least 3 points from the two games. The loan window closes next week and I’m not sure if we are allowed any more loans. Robinson will need to be backed or sacked if he continues to fail.
So you are saying you are judging Tiger on what's happening on the pitch? Also whether he bring a loan player in that as you say you are unsure if we can.
How can Tiger back KR any more if we can't bring loans in?

Tiger won't sack anyone until not sacking them loses him more face. KR is his man. To sack this early would leave his judgement in doubt. Lose to Burton & Sunderland and the tv game against Coventry will be pivotal.
(My opinion, not based on fact)

Fair point

I don't know if Tiger has financial backing,we will have to wait and see.

From interviews with Mr Satori he was under no illusion of how much was needed to get us to the Championship.

Tiger has not given those sorts of statements yet but who knows.

I am basing my assumption on the interview Jerome Sale had with Mr Satori a few months after it fell through.

It does look like Mr Eales heard about Tigers interest late in the day and was offered more money.

Fair point

I don't know if Tiger has financial backing,we will have to wait and see.

From interviews with Mr Satori he was under no illusion of how much was needed to get us to the Championship.

Tiger has not given those sorts of statements yet but who knows.

I am basing my assumption on the interview Jerome Sale had with Mr Satori a few months after it fell through.

It does look like Mr Eales heard about Tigers interest late in the day and was offered more money.
On the face of it, the words of Santori do seem genuine, but then so did DE make a statement but people seem not to agree with his view from the inside.
It must come down to who you believe, but wasn’t it SD & co who were the instigators of the Santori bid, so unless we see what DE had on the table and how the deal was offered, we can only all try and 2nd guess that situation.

Do you actually understand what that means in monetary value?

Each ordinary share is equivalent to £1.00. Eales may have given up the post of director but, he remains the second largest shareholder.

yes I absolutely do and that's why I posted WOW, detail me another investment guaranteeing that return essentially risk free

So you are saying you are judging Tiger on what's happening on the pitch? Also whether he bring a loan player in that as you say you are unsure if we can.
How can Tiger back KR any more if we can't bring loans in?

Of course I will be judging Tiger by what is happening on the pitch, but mainly by how he reacts to what could prove to be disastrous. Tiger has told us you don’t need to spend big to get promoted which is correct, but you do have to spend wisely and that has yet to be proved. Again Tiger has to back KR or sack him if the current situation continues.

On the face of it, the words of Santori do seem genuine, but then so did DE make a statement but people seem not to agree with his view from the inside.
It must come down to who you believe, but wasn’t it SD & co who were the instigators of the Santori bid, so unless we see what DE had on the table and how the deal was offered, we can only all try and 2nd guess that situation.

I’ll stick my neck out and say that DE agreed to the deal that was best for him and not the club.

[
Of course I will be judging Tiger by what is happening on the pitch, but mainly by how he reacts to what could prove to be disastrous. Tiger has told us you don’t need to spend big to get promoted which is correct, but you do have to spend wisely and that has yet to be proved. Again Tiger has to back KR or sack him if the current situation continues.
So your first post you say I'm new on here be gentle, but after a couple of posts you set the bar of 3+ points out of the next 2 tough games in our current situation, then reiterate Tiger has to back or sack KR at a time that by your own admittance will be hard under the current loan situation.

I will support my team through these difficult times, that's what supporters do.

[

So your first post you say I'm new on here be gentle, but after a couple of posts you set the bar of 3+ points out of the next 2 tough games in our current situation, then reiterate Tiger has to back or sack KR at a time that by your own admittance will be hard under the current loan situation.

I will support my team through these difficult times, that's what supporters do.

So you have to stay cool calm and collected whilst it is obvious there are real problems on the playing front and hold your veiws. Well we all support the club just as much as you do, but not everyone is as comfortable with the way things are going and as this is a forum will voice these concerns. Now be gentle and not personal.

As you say it's a public forum for anyone to post their views, I was putting my take on how you were setting out your stall.

To paraphrase Sven, first half good, second half not very good

Eales has left the club in a mess. He had his fun and when he realised he could take us no further he cut, cut and cut some more leaving a husk of an organisation

Then he sold us for a nice little earner in a deal structured so that the very lifeblood for a club like us - transfer income - goes to him.

He didn’t so much as blot his copy book but dump something very unpleasant on it.

Eales has left the club in a mess. He had his fun and when he realised he could take us no further he cut, cut and cut some more leaving a husk of an organisation

Then he sold us for a nice little earner in a deal structured so that the very lifeblood for a club like us - transfer income - goes to him.

He didn’t so much as blot his copy book but dump something very unpleasant on it.

You forgot to add "and kept a 10% shareholding as a hedge in case we reach the promised land ...... or beyond".

Not saying I agree with you but TBH I really don't know what to believe at present

I'm hardly a cheerleader for Slippery, and I don't disagree with much of what you state; the transfer income is limited to 4.2-odd million which has to be taken as a statement on the depth of Tiger's (then current) pockets.

On the assumption that Tiger is no more venal than the next club-owner, I think it's fair to say that we're in a better mess than we were when he (Eels) slithered onto the scene and (before the rabid rebuttal squad say it) we have a 'fabulous new training facility (that BMW paid for)'.

Back
Top Bottom