Eales has a lot to answer for

I suppose it depends how u define defending him. After all u have been attacking him since before he even brought the club. No one is playing a violin Sean, we are all fully aware of the situation, yet as I’m sure u know some of the things levelled at him are plain crazy. Where’s myles praising the appointments of a new academy head, a new md, new scouts and coaches? A new slo ? U we’re all quick enough to point out when we didn’t have them ? I guess he must have jumped in a life boat with Charles

First of all, I’ve never argued about the appointments at the club, but out of those you mentioned I’d say Dan is a good apointment, not overly impressed with Naill and not sure about the scouts etc, but if the recruitments in the summer are anything to go by then they’re not that great either.

Re; jumping in the life boat, it’s a shame Darryl didn’t jump in Sartori’s as I’m fairly sure it would have taken him on a more enjoyable journey! Or I guess he can keep waiting on Tiger’s excuses for lack of funds.

our chairman wouldn't renege on a fans forum that he arranged,(that he initially promised for December, so this is the rearranged fans forum originally set for late last year), would he?:sneaky:

I wouldn’t hold your breath too long Sarge! Then again, you might need to if this ship keeps sinking!

He’s a businessman. Whatever deal he does will be in his best interests not the clubs despite what he says. Surely you don’t believe Kassam when he states that he has the clubs best interests at heart...
No I don't believe one word Mr K said about the best interests of the club. But foolishly I did believe Mr Eales. There can be no doubt now even amongst his staunchest allies that he has bitten off more than he can chew and is looking for the best financial deal for himself and not the club.
Perhaps all chairmen of football clubs are the same, ruthless and in it for themselves.

I suppose it depends how u define defending him. After all u have been attacking him since before he even brought the club. No one is playing a violin Sean, we are all fully aware of the situation, yet as I’m sure u know some of the things levelled at him are plain crazy. Where’s myles praising the appointments of a new academy head, a new md, new scouts and coaches? A new slo ? U we’re all quick enough to point out when we didn’t have them ? I guess he must have jumped in a life boat with Charles

First of all, I’ve never argued about the appointments at the club, but out of those you mentioned I’d say Dan is a good apointment, not overly impressed with Naill and not sure about the scouts etc, but if the recruitments in the summer are anything to go by then they’re not that great either.

Re; jumping in the life boat, it’s a shame Darryl didn’t jump in Sartori’s as I’m fairly sure it would have taken him on a more enjoyable journey! Or I guess he can keep waiting on Tiger’s excuses for lack of funds.

And what’s mr sartori’s view on the stadium at WE he was sold as part of the dream? £20m mr sartori will get u the club and this great new development. Oh btw, it’s probably a lot more than £20m. And we don’t actually have any permission to build it other than farmer jon is happy to move his pigs to a different site. Bet he would have enjoyed that journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't believe one word Mr K said about the best interests of the club. But foolishly I did believe Mr Eales. There can be no doubt now even amongst his staunchest allies that he has bitten off more than he can chew and is looking for the best financial deal for himself and not the club.
Perhaps all chairmen of football clubs are the same, ruthless and in it for themselves.

But that cannot include good ol Mr Eales, can it? .... he substantially raised prices for both ST and matchday tickets to improve the squad for this season and to mount a push for promotion or at the very least the playoffs......just look at the squad we have currently, and the run of recent results, as well as the current position in League 1, they DO all speak for themselves :cry:

But that cannot include good ol Mr Eales, can it? .... he substantially raised prices for both ST and matchday tickets to improve the squad for this season and to mount a push for promotion or at the very least the playoffs......just look at the squad we have currently, and the run of recent results, as well as the current position in League 1, they DO all speak for themselves :cry:
Sarge
I used to think that Mr Eales was a different sort of chairman but in effect he is no better than Merry. When things are going well he is everywhere when things go sour nothing.
I would also like to know what is going on behind the scenes on other matters. For example we were told at the Oxvox meeting that the club were talking to the council about the training ground at Horspath Road and how important it was that we get it. I think that meeting was two days after the Oxvox meeting early inJan
What have we heard since?

Here we are in the age of instant communications, video conferencing, Skype etc. etc. and we are supposed to believe that because slippery is out of the country on business he can't even arrange a press release of some kind? No updates, nothing. Even the board (and that's another joke) are silent. (excuse my believing something had been said yesterday!)
Even the players are now asking questions.
In any business the alarm bells would be ringing, very, very loudly.

Believe when I see it.

Two questions from me please......

1. Where did ALL of the Roofe transfer money go to? (including undisclosed)
2. Can we please see ALL the income received from ALL fund raising events at the Kassam Stadium and where that money went?

The vultures are hovering........

Keep it real!

I’m not defending him at all. It just gets very boring going over the same old ground after every defeat.

It’s not just after a defeat.

I’m slightly more optismitic about our chances of survival after yesterday’s performance in that we made a form team look rather ordinary giving me hope that we might just go on an unbeaten run.

Just think Darryl has cased a lot of this unrest due to his lack of communication and direction over the last year or so, and it was all unnecessary.

Sarge
I used to think that Mr Eales was a different sort of chairman but in effect he is no better than Merry. When things are going well he is everywhere when things go sour nothing.
I would also like to know what is going on behind the scenes on other matters. For example we were told at the Oxvox meeting that the club were talking to the council about the training ground at Horspath Road and how important it was that we get it. I think that meeting was two days after the Oxvox meeting early inJan
I agree with you @The mighty Aldo:) ....few questions there I'd like some answers to too and quickly too....will March 1st fans forum actually take place? its 11 days away, and some of those questions need answers now if not sooner IMO

Sarge

I think Daryl did mean well and obviously did produce, but since he’s personal circumstances have changed it appears to have had an impact on his financial situation and what priorities he has.

It seems fairly obvious he’s been seeking financial support over the last year or so, but for one reason or another that doesn’t seem to be forth coming or isn’t the right deal for Darryl in terms of the Sartori one, especially if he thinks that the Tiger one is.

What I find odd is, why is he procrastinating over this situation as it ultimately will cost him more, especially if we are relegated.

Essentially, Mr Eales is not an Oxford fan. OUFC was a business project for him. He thought he could eventually make money from a promotion to the Championship, and make himself a cult hero amongst the fans as he did it.

He's failed and he's trying to get out. Obviously. Right now, I'd take the Far East crook's millions in a heartbeat, just to get the club going again.

I still don't think we'll get relegated. Bury, Rochdale and MK Dons are adrift at the bottom, so we only need to stay ahead of one other team. But that's hardly a positive. This season has gone from high hopes to the doldrums in a few months.
Spot on, I was thinking along similar lines very recently. I think the club and its supporters are suffering as a result of the actions and vindictiveness of two business men, one being the stadium landlord, who I really believe holds a grudge against oufc - including the fans, and our present chairman being the other antagonist.

De failed in his plans to purchase the stadium, it seems he thought it a case of 'everyone has their price' or that he could reach a deal with kassam without doing some 'digging' into his (kassam) previous dealings and profile. Big mistakes, and he's gone from being 'Mr nice guy' and everybody's pal - to an almost unapproachable, dour and bitter individual, yes, a little like kassam!!

The chairman either 'took his eye off the ball' or twas part of his cost cutting measures that allowed Pep almost free reign to sign who the hell he liked (Literally) as long as it came within a very strict budget that excluded his business model that proved a success under Mapp.

The timing of his (DE) business trip abroad was questionable given the transfer window closure was approaching and the team struggling.

None of us know what the future holds for oufc, it's all gone quiet over there, at Minchery farm.

This is all great, but why do we assume that just because someone is investing in the club, that will automatically make it better.
Look at :
Coventry
Leeds
Newcastle
Blackpool
Reading
Villa
Bolton
Blackburn
Rangers
QPR
Oxford(!)

Is there any any sort of guarantee that because someone wants to buy the club, everything will be better? Would it not be more prudent to ask questions about the potential investors, their intentions, their finances, their expertise? Or shall we trot out the same old rhetoric about Eales 'putting his hand in his pocket ' (if that guy who rings into the Radio Ox phone in first every week says that one more time I am going to throw my radio out of the window). The club isnt being badly run.... It operates within its means. Relative success and stability has been achieved on the pitch. I remember 5 years + ago, Oxford Utd forums were FULL of people saying that they would be happy with being a mid table League 1 team.

What is it that you guys actually want? Premier League is never going to happen, these teams are now owned by countries!!

This is all great, but why do we assume that just because someone is investing in the club, that will automatically make it better.
Look at :
Coventry
Leeds
Newcastle
Blackpool
Reading
Villa
Bolton
Blackburn
Rangers
QPR
Oxford(!)

Is there any any sort of guarantee that because someone wants to buy the club, everything will be better? Would it not be more prudent to ask questions about the potential investors, their intentions, their finances, their expertise? Or shall we trot out the same old rhetoric about Eales 'putting his hand in his pocket ' (if that guy who rings into the Radio Ox phone in first every week says that one more time I am going to throw my radio out of the window). The club isnt being badly run.... It operates within its means. Relative success and stability has been achieved on the pitch. I remember 5 years + ago, Oxford Utd forums were FULL of people saying that they would be happy with being a mid table League 1 team.

What is it that you guys actually want? Premier League is never going to happen, these teams are now owned by countries!!
It would be pleasing to see the Chairman occasionally make an appearance in the Directors Box. If we have to ENDURE whats happening on the pitch why should he not do the same.

Look at :
Coventry
Leeds
Newcastle
Blackpool
Reading
Villa
Bolton
Blackburn
Rangers
QPR
Oxford(!)

It would be pleasing to see the Chairman occasionally make an appearance in the Directors Box. If we have to ENDURE whats happening on the pitch why should he not do the same.

That’s harsh when Darryl has attended more Oufc games in the last year than plenty of our own fans. I think the takeover is more complicated as it’s more investment than a takeover, more to sort out, who takes what debt, how much the split it. But it also makes me a little more comfortable with it knowing that Darryl would retain a share and a say. He’s made mistakes but also made some massive achievements to the point where we’re talking about having a poor season in l1. Not l2 or the conference.

Very short memories on here of what DE has done for this club. However, we need communication from the man himself. Going incommunicado has started silly rumours and pathetic comical statements. I personally believe that DE has the club at heart. Patients is a virtue. We are on a slippery slope, it needs to be addressed asap. I am an Exile living in North Yorkshire and proud to wear the colours, but at the moment, reading this forum, the results, the rumours are getting me down. SO EVERYBODY SUPPORT THE TEAM and stop this moan, moan, moan culture.

Essentially, Mr Eales is not an Oxford fan. OUFC was a business project for him. He thought he could eventually make money from a promotion to the Championship, and make himself a cult hero amongst the fans as he did it.

He's failed and he's trying to get out. Obviously. Right now, I'd take the Far East crook's millions in a heartbeat, just to get the club going again.

I still don't think we'll get relegated. Bury, Rochdale and MK Dons are adrift at the bottom, so we only need to stay ahead of one other team. But that's hardly a positive. This season has gone from high hopes to the doldrums in a few months.

Thing is Pete, does the Far East crook you refer to have the funds, and what sort of journey will he take us on.

And I suppose the bigger question is, why is this route better than the one Sartori said he’d take us on which Darryl thought wasn’t in the best interest for the club!

Back
Top Bottom