Eales has a lot to answer for

The mistake the board made was removing Clotet without any sort of succession plan in place. The regression since the sacking makes me question whether it was worth leaving Clotet in charge for another week or two while preliminary analysis took place and names spoken to. It do wonder if it was an impetuous moment to remove Clotet so quickly.

I appreciate deals and takeovers take time, but this Tiger fellow has been lurking around in the background for months. I’m fairly sure he was at the Peterborough game (September!) grinning like a Cheshire Cat and having selfies taken at every opportunity with fans. Now we hear he’s hanging around in the background on home matchday. Great for his ego no doubt but all this uncertainty is starting to affect the players.

If he’s genuinely serious about investing in OUFC and therefore the greater interests of the club then get the deal done or stay away.

Very short memories on here of what DE has done for this club. However, we need communication from the man himself. Going incommunicado has started silly rumours and pathetic comical statements. I personally believe that DE has the club at heart. Patients is a virtue. We are on a slippery slope, it needs to be addressed asap. I am an Exile living in North Yorkshire and proud to wear the colours, but at the moment, reading this forum, the results, the rumours are getting me down. SO EVERYBODY SUPPORT THE TEAM and stop this moan, moan, moan culture.
"Patients is a virtue". Surely not.

The mistake the board made was removing Clotet without any sort of succession plan in place. The regression since the sacking makes me question whether it was worth leaving Clotet in charge for another week or two while preliminary analysis took place and names spoken to. It do wonder if it was an impetuous moment to remove Clotet so quickly.
Dont be ridiculous. What manager could survive after a seven nil home defeat. I am surprised he lasted as long as he did. Perhaps another match the Chaiman was not in attendance. If he was, then surely Clotet would have been fired out.... more than likely soon after the final whistle.

Very short memories on here of what DE has done for this club. However, we need communication from the man himself. Going incommunicado has started silly rumours and pathetic comical statements. I personally believe that DE has the club at heart. Patients is a virtue. We are on a slippery slope, it needs to be addressed asap. I am an Exile living in North Yorkshire and proud to wear the colours, but at the moment, reading this forum, the results, the rumours are getting me down. SO EVERYBODY SUPPORT THE TEAM and stop this moan, moan, moan culture.
You say that people should stop moaning and support the team in the same post as you, quite rightly, point to DE going incommunicado and the team being on a slippery slope. That’s all people are doing when they ‘moan’. It’s ok to question things that one feels could be done better or more efficiently and still be a supporter. If a takeover is in the offing then they should get it done to stop all this uncertainty and rumours. Likewise the manager situation that is unhelpful to the players and coaching staff as it stands. You’re right people should support the team but that shouldn’t prevent them questioning how the club is being run as long as it’s done in a respectful way. It shows people care.

I think there are different levels, there are those of us that have concerns and there are some who almost seem to revel in any negative possible and make things out to be far worse than they actually are
Yep I get that. But while there’s such a lack of information coming out of the club it’s going to breed negativity. Some people are closer to the end of their tether than others I guess. We have a great club with great fans - it’s great to hear we have people like Chinny65 who are proud to wear their colours in places like Yorkshire. I just think fans like that - all of us who care about the club - should be treated by the club with a bit more consideration at this present time

Yep I get that. But while there’s such a lack of information coming out of the club it’s going to breed negativity. Some people are closer to the end of their tether than others I guess. We have a great club with great fans - it’s great to hear we have people like Chinny65 who are proud to wear their colours in places like Yorkshire. I just think fans like that - all of us who care about the club - should be treated by the club with a bit more consideration at this present time
very much so

To be clear, If Myles' recent research was accurate, I think the history of Tiger and some of his business partners stinks. There could be huge risks should he take the reins. He would appear to be independently wealthy, but that's supposition based on reports from others. I've not been able to find anything concrete about his wealth online. So the journey might be interesting, to say the least.

Superficially, I would have preferred Sartori's bid, given his own recorded wealth, his billionaire family connections and reports that he recognises 'Oxford' as a brand and wants to exploit it. So why Mr Eales feels Tiger is a better option for us - if he indeed does - is a good question.

The answer to that is why I started this thread

It would be better to have Mr Satori. That would be in the best interests of OUFC

But not in the interests of Mr Eales

I think there are different levels, there are those of us that have concerns and there are some who almost seem to revel in any negative possible and make things out to be far worse than they actually are

I agree, but also bare in mind it’s pretty exceptional circumstances. It’s fairly obvious there is a takeover/major investment looming. So how much Darryl can actually do or say is debatable. If he comes out and say we’re sticking with faz until the takeover happens, he will be criticised. If he makes a manager appointment only for him to be replaced in a month, he will be criticised. The amount of crap thrown at him everytime he does make a statement he’s probably thought I’m just going to say nothing until it’s done. Saying that general statements could be made by the M.D. and board, just updates like we received x number of applications, we’re putting together a final shortlist of x. We’re now past the 3 games that Darryl said faz would be in charge so this is a big week. I’ve been saying for a while 2moro will be the day. We shall see.

The answer to that is why I started this thread

It would be better to have Mr Satori. That would be in the best interests of OUFC

But not in the interests of Mr Eales

Genuine question, why would it have been better to have Sartori and what is that based on?

This is also my point. People are basing it and the negativity towards tiger purely on the opinions of one person. Who has links to sartori and a hatred of Darryl [emoji848]

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, but also bare in mind it’s pretty exceptional circumstances. It’s fairly obvious there is a takeover/major investment looming. So how much Darryl can actually do or say is debatable. If he comes out and say we’re sticking with faz until the takeover happens, he will be criticised. If he makes a manager appointment only for him to be replaced in a month, he will be criticised. The amount of crap thrown at him everytime he does make a statement he’s probably thought I’m just going to say nothing until it’s done. Saying that general statements could be made by the M.D. and board, just updates like we received x number of applications, we’re putting together a final shortlist of x. We’re now past the 3 games that Darryl said faz would be in charge so this is a big week. I’ve been saying for a while 2moro will be the day. We shall see.
About this part-time M.D.. It’s looking like he was brought in to guide the ship through the choppy waters of the take-over in DE’s absence. I don’t think engaging with the supporters was high up on the job description list. As you say, an interesting week ahead. Whether we like what goes on at our club or not, one things for sure, it’s never dull! ?

About this part-time M.D.. It’s looking like he was brought in to guide the ship through the choppy waters of the take-over in DE’s absence. I don’t think engaging with the supporters was high up on the job description list. As you say, an interesting week ahead. Whether we like what goes on at our club or not, one things for sure, it’s never dull! [emoji4]

Never has been, we even make our promotions hard work when a couple of easy home wins would see us relaxed on the last day. But it would be boring any other way wouldn’t it [emoji2]

Genuine question, why would it have been better to have Sartori and what is that based on?
Fair question
From what I have heard and read Mr Sartori has more money to spend on the club. When interviewed by Radox he came across as a genuine football fan.The Tiger has a poor reputation and fleeced Reading.
I am only repeating what I've heard and that is the Tiger is prepared to part with more money.

I just have a feeling that the club would be I need safer hands with Mr Sartorial

Fair question
From what I have heard and read Mr Sartori has more money to spend on the club. When interviewed by Radox he came across as a genuine football fan.The Tiger has a poor reputation and fleeced Reading.
I am only repeating what I've heard and that is the Tiger is prepared to part with more money.

I just have a feeling that the club would be I need safer hands with Mr Sartorial
According to DE at the time, Satori never even made a bid to buy the club.

Fair question

Well from what I’ve heard and read nobody really knows who’s in the group fronted by tiger or what their wealth is, so hard to compare. I’m sure even firoz could sound genuine about taking us on a journey in a few min interview. So would one be better than the other, who knows. We certainly need someone else as Darryl has admitted all along he would struggle to fund us any higher, and has come to a stalemate on the stadium.
Still let’s see what the next 11 days bring.
What we have heard from Darryl is that sat was the 3rd of the 3 games faz would be in charge. And that in 11 days time is a fans forum that he has arranged that seemed a little odd timing to some when announced. I think by a week Wednesday latest we will know what’s going on.

Probably a bit of a stand-off between Eels, who's desperate to offload the asset before it becomes a middling L2 team and the alleged Tiger who, as I may have noted, does not have pockets of his own.

We're on a slippery slope.

Back
Top Bottom