Eales? Eales who? Eales WTF?

Come on, give us your report from the last crisis board meeting, you were there, right?

Do you reckon Darryl lured Pep under false pretences?

Do you reckon the noises coming out of the club over the last 12-18 months are the right ones.

Why did MApp truly leave? Was it just the lure of more money? Strange timing when he actually left. Straight after the season finished yes, but a few weeks before the new season kicked off? And why have good players lined up if his intention was to leave?

If I had to guess the whole scenario it would go something like this;

Darryl has limited funds available so was seeking an investment partner. He held talks with Satori which by all accounts was a done deal. Darryl pulled out at the 11th hour because he was persuaded by close colleagues that he could actually make more money if he were to get us promoted into the Championship. Then MApp throws a bombshell by handing in his notice probably because he knew that the funds he was promised/thought he might get were no longer there when the Satori deal fell threw. Players who would have came then decided to go elsewhere. Darryl now knowing the hand that he now held was a weak one decides to capitalise on the assets he has whilst at the same time lures a new manager under false pretences e.g. we don't have to sell our best players (Johnson/Lunny) and that there's funds to be had etc. Also at this time he reaches out to another potential partner/buyer to make more money than the deal offered by Satori as he's gained the player sales on top of a new offer which maybe higher than the Satori one in terms that he retains a percentage of the club meaning that he'll gain more money if we get to the Championship and he takes another cut. The problem is, it's not looking likely unless something happens in January both player wise/club wise.

The club feels rudderless at the moment which means we're in danger of heading towards those rocks that you don't seem to be able to see.

I’m looking forward to seeing Mehmeti and Pekalski in the team, and they’ll surely make a positive impact. I do, however, think people are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think anyone who is available for us to buy in January is going to be game-changers for us. Decent transfers only happen in the close season.

I’m looking forward to seeing Mehmeti and Pekalski in the team, and they’ll surely make a positive impact. I do, however, think people are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think anyone who is available for us to buy in January is going to be game-changers for us. Decent transfers only happen in the close season.

Best transfer deals do happen in the summer close season but everyone has a price, if nothing happens on the Jan close season then it will confirm what most people are thinking De is disinterested with OUFC which means we probably could be relegated at the end of the season, 350k he was prepared to pay for Liam Lindsay he chose not to come here because of MAPP leaving, all the players that have come in on a permanent basis are foreign and over age who are getting a final payday. Now if this club were prepared to pay 800k for GVK ( obviously he’s nowhere near worth that so he must be out of the door at the end of the season )then let PEP shell out over a million if he needs to to get in a couple of bits of quality.
Regarding Pekalski and Mehmetti I do not think both will be game changers but I do hope I’m proven wrong. At best they can add some decent football to a side that damn well needs it.

Last edited:
It really is quite frustrating that we aren’t hearing a great deal from the boardroom. As others have said if DE doesn’t spend some significant amounts in Jan it’s pretty much confirmed our thoughts that he is unlikely to invest much more into the club. Something that IL didn’t do when he was negotiating a deal to sell to Eales. If however he is still interested, but feels the squad is fit for purpose we have some serious problems. He has said we are looking to buy 2-3 players next month however if Mehmeti and Pekalski don’t prove to be these prolific players we need them to be 2-3 players is massively optimistic in terms of what we need!

As has been noted there is no point in spending for the sake of it but there might be more frustration if loans are brought in..btw has anyone considered what would have happened had Shakespeare not been given the job at Leicester..would Mapp still have been enticed away?

Do you reckon Darryl lured Pep under false pretences?

Do you reckon the noises coming out of the club over the last 12-18 months are the right ones.

Why did MApp truly leave? Was it just the lure of more money? Strange timing when he actually left. Straight after the season finished yes, but a few weeks before the new season kicked off? And why have good players lined up if his intention was to leave?

If I had to guess the whole scenario it would go something like this;

Darryl has limited funds available so was seeking an investment partner. He held talks with Satori which by all accounts was a done deal. Darryl pulled out at the 11th hour because he was persuaded by close colleagues that he could actually make more money if he were to get us promoted into the Championship. Then MApp throws a bombshell by handing in his notice probably because he knew that the funds he was promised/thought he might get were no longer there when the Satori deal fell threw. Players who would have came then decided to go elsewhere. Darryl now knowing the hand that he now held was a weak one decides to capitalise on the assets he has whilst at the same time lures a new manager under false pretences e.g. we don't have to sell our best players (Johnson/Lunny) and that there's funds to be had etc. Also at this time he reaches out to another potential partner/buyer to make more money than the deal offered by Satori as he's gained the player sales on top of a new offer which maybe higher than the Satori one in terms that he retains a percentage of the club meaning that he'll gain more money if we get to the Championship and he takes another cut. The problem is, it's not looking likely unless something happens in January both player wise/club wise.

The club feels rudderless at the moment which means we're in danger of heading towards those rocks that you don't seem to be able to see.

management-1-seminar-4-9-638.jpg

So where is everyone ? Think I’m somewhere between :eek:&:mad:

;)

You may have a point with Nelson - but he's one quarter of a defence the rest of which has no pace.

Hall couldn't push his way past a (not extra-) strong Menthylated sweet. Creative player / attacking outlet my a**e, he's a winger and decent at this level unlike Henry, our other 'winger' who couldn't out-run a f*****g lozenge over 10 metres..

It’s undeniable that the positivity and drive that was in place has dissipated but who will come in and replace DE who whether you like it or not has taken the club forward?
Who would come in and replace DE? You listen to people on here who talk about potential and the terrible job that IL and DE have done whilst forgetting the suicide note signed by NM. No one with any financial acumen will come in for a club with no financial security that owning a stadium provides and has 2 councils who are basically hostile to helping find a new stadium.
The moaners seem to think that a new owner will come in and throw yet more money at a club which in all reality is at its natural position. The growth in attendances dreamt of on here by some come from cloud cuckoo land. At best in the championship we would achieve 11000-13000 on a regular basis. This season we are averaging just over 7400 which places us mid table. And before people moan about increases in ticket prices we are just above average.
In reality I expect we will have a new owner soon but they won’t be the sugar daddy some of you think is right around the corner.
How about our captain, best player and best defender, plus our best creative player/attacking outlet? Never going to be easy without those two...
how can they turn it around if both are out for the season????

I find it disappointing that people on this forum insist on using nicknames for those who act selflessly in the beat interests of the club. Please use this charming man's proper name you rude bastard.
?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    781.8 KB · Views: 1
if as upthebus suggests is somewhere near the truth then why would you up the prices if a new backer in whatever form was in talks and will the difference in prices be returned to those ticket holders who bought into the Deal which was never delivered

Certainly most of the posters don't. But many of us can determine from the behaviour of the owner, the dismantling of the coaching network, refusal to re-invest, etc. a trend. Coupled with Slippery's proven little white lies about the council and general disinterest, coupled with his attempts to crack out the best exit deal this would send any adult into paroxysms of doubt about the direction of the club; but you're not behaving like an afult - you're behaving like a small boy whose shiny dinky toy has been slandered (I have no idea if PRB's dinky is shiny, fwiw),

I do think it's a bit naughty of you to slide this old chestnut in when I and several other posters have been commenting on the change in the management approach for approx 1 calendar year, and many of the same people have been commenting on a lack of width, pace and commitment since the second match of the season if not before.

Ah c'mon. What injured player is going to turn it round? The unknown Pekalski, Mehmeti? Raglan? Get real. We may be in the top half but we've been found out as a pace-less, width-less, bollock-less side and we're making National League mistakes.

It's clear we're going to spend money? In your dreams. Sleep well, princess.

I'll ignore the personal stuff. Irrelevant.

We got £2.5 million in on deadline day. How could it possibly have been reinvested? Who's told you definitively it's not being reinvested?

What real evidence have you got to hand to establish a 'trend' that the club is on the skids ? Please, someone, let's hear it. Until then i's all entertaining garden fence tittle tattle.

The man may be in negotiations to sell the club. He's invested many millions , why on earth should he 1, not try and get the best price, 2, ensure that the club is left with a decent new owner?

Yes, the Wigan game was a complete disaster. I can understand that a lot of supporters would start seeing big black clouds after that. We are certainly not going to be threatening the play offs this season. But 'c'mon', look at the bigger picture look at our playing record this season (w8, d8, l8) , look at some of the quality players we have, compare and contrast to where we have been in the last 20 years...

But you won't , you keep on implying we're going to be relegated this season and our owner, ' Slippery' (zzzz) is little short of being a fraudster.

Based on fluff and nonsense.

Last edited:
Now now. I'm stating that Mr Eales is not the benevolent deity some on here seem to think he is. In fact, he's just a naughty boy.

Now now. I'm stating that Mr Eales is not the benevolent deity some on here seem to think he is. In fact, he's just a naughty boy.
And the insults you have been flinging in his direction have got really quite boring now.

We got £2.5 million in on deadline day. How could it possibly have been reinvested? Who's told you definitively it's not being reinvested?

What real evidence have you got to hand to establish a 'trend' that the club is on the skids ? Please, someone, let's hear it. Until then i's all entertaining garden fence tittle tattle.

The man may be in negotiations to sell the club. He's invested many millions , why on earth should he 1, not try and get the best price, 2, ensure that the club is left with a decent new owner?

Yes, the Wigan game was a complete disaster. I can understand that a lot of supporters would start seeing big black clouds after that. We are certainly not going to be threatening the play offs this season. But 'c'mon', look at the bigger picture look at our playing record this season (w8, d8, l8) , look at some of the quality players we have, compare and contrast to where we have been in the last 20 years...

But you won't , you keep on implying we're going to be relegated this season and our owner, ' Slippery' (zzzz) is little short of being a fraudster.

Tim, it's not about where we've been or where we are, it's about where we're going, and over the last number of months that direction in very unclear. It's all very different to how it was 3 years ago.

And Darryl said that there would be funds available prior to the additional £2.5m at the end of the transfer window, so why not the investment beforehand e.g. 3 to 4 weeks into a new season, especially after we lost some players at this stage.

Of course I can understand Darryl wanting maximising his return, but hopefully it's not to the detriment of the club, especially as it appears by all accounts that he seems to have broken even in terms of what he has spent at the club and what he's had back, so may be not the millions outlay you suggest.

You must admit Tim, the club has a completely different feel about it in a more negative way than it did say 12-18 months when things seemed to be a lot rosier.

He may have not been able to reinvest the alleged 2.5 million but he was prepared to invest 350k when that didn’t happen why was it not used in another area? Simple, we now wait with baited breathe to see if DE is still prepared to invest, or will he sell just before the window shuts or after then blame the new owners as to The our what could be a very precarious position come the end of the season.

Bloomin heck. The manager stated that he didn't see value in the transfer market and didn't want to waste the transfer fee money the club has on players who would not improve the club. Pekalski supposedly cost 200k and Williamson, Payne, Mowatt and Mousinho will hardly be on the national living wage will they? Is it possible that we paid a fee for the Payne loan? It's increasingly the done thing in football today.

Back
Top Bottom