Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I would like to say he'll get to experience a proper home crowd, unlike the theatre experience of MK Dons but....

If we wanted a physically presence probably not the right signing - though me I prefer pace and agility

TBH am sure we are missing something - Lopez and Slav to be me are of a similar age and profile - is the club seeing not the same potential in them as well ??

If we wanted a physically presence probably not the right signing - though me I prefer pace and agility

TBH am sure we are missing something - Lopez and Slav to be me are of a similar age and profile - is the club seeing not the same potential in them as well ??
Both are 12 months younger and will likely go on loan and get some experience at some point

I'm not sure I can forgive Eastwood for the play-off final, he's a decent keeper at this level but if we are going to make that next step I'd like a better keeper.

Jordan Archer on loan from Fulham?

I'm not sure I can forgive Eastwood for the play-off final, he's a decent keeper at this level but if we are going to make that next step I'd like a better keeper.

Jordan Archer on loan from Fulham?

You cannot forgive a man who has saved us numerous points, saved several penalties to ensure cup progression?

Your choice spilled a shot v Lincoln that bounced along the line, hitting the inside of the post and but for sheer luck we would not have reached that final for "Anybody" to need your forgiveness....just a thought !

He had a dreadful final. He'll know that, and in honesty the performance of Wycombes keeper and centre back was stark compared to our own.

He is still in credit for me. But a poor start to the season and we have to move forwards.

He had a dreadful final. He'll know that, and in honesty the performance of Wycombes keeper and centre back was stark compared to our own.

He is still in credit for me. But a poor start to the season and we have to move forwards.
My thoughts 100% too

For me Easty and Archer are on a par as far as shot stopping goes and neither seem to command their areas. The one area where Archer is far superior is kicking, distrubution and playing out quickly from the back. In this area Easty isn't L1 standard whereas Archer is Champ standard.

For me Easty and Archer are on a par as far as shot stopping goes and neither seem to command their areas. The one area where Archer is far superior is kicking, distrubution and playing out quickly from the back. In this area Easty isn't L1 standard whereas Archer is Champ standard.
Says you after seeing this Archer half a dozen times. Eastwood deserves more credit and loyalty from our fans

Really hate the name of this thread every time I scroll past it. Easty has won us more points than he’s chucked away in his time here that’s for sure.

One season where he’s had an injury and admittedly not come back that well, then under-performed in the play offs along with most of our squad and he’s written off? Where is the same thread for Henry, Taylor, Gorrin? Some of our best performers over the season who also barely showed up in the play off games.

To make the point that he could do with more competition to keep him sharp and motivated is fair. But to say his time’s up is a little OTT for me. Maybe the thread was started with the emotions of the play off final still running high but it really doesn’t sit right with me that one of, if not the most, dependable player in the last 5 years of our club is being told his time’s up for very little reason at all.

I’m for getting behind the players at the club until they no longer wear the shirt and will continue to do so with Eastwood until he no longer wears No. 1 for us.

Had we won against Wycombe this thread wouldn’t have even been created.
I have been impressed with Eastwood who has been brilliant in most games.
Dickie has had a few poor games as has Taylor. Does that mean they should be shipped out?

Says you after seeing this Archer half a dozen times. Eastwood deserves more credit and loyalty from our fans
I have actually said that in every other area other than kicking, distrubution etc Easty is on a par with a CHAMPIONSHIP keeper. I'll stand by that. It was clear that Archer was better in that one area. I wouldn't want Archer to replace Easty based solely on that one part of his game.

Yep he does. But he’ll know as well as anyone you‘re only as good as your last game. He’s a good pro though and will be determined to bounce back.

Agree. As you say he’s still in credit but he will feel more under pressure than at any other point in his Oxford career, especially if we can get in an experienced keeper in this window to mount a realistic challenge to be the number one.

Back
Top Bottom