Due diligence

Thats the point Donald makes - they have an £11m wage bill but they don't have £11m of quality.

The problem for them has always been attracting players to a not particularly attractive part of the country. They have to offer megabucks for mercenaries.

If I was them I'd spend that money on developing young, local players instead. But there would be a lot of short term pain then that the supporters wouldn't accept.

Wasn’t chas doing the due diligence for Santori ? By that implication SD knew everything he didn’t already know about the club, his business head ruled and wouldn’t up the offer

Thats the point Donald makes - they have an £11m wage bill but they don't have £11m of quality.

The problem for them has always been attracting players to a not particularly attractive part of the country. They have to offer megabucks for mercenaries.

If I was them I'd spend that money on developing young, local players instead. But there would be a lot of short term pain then that the supporters wouldn't accept.
That makes sense medium term and to be fair they seem to have some good young players coming through.
But I suspect that they have to go up this season or they could be in a little financial mess.

You damn yourself. Hush hush. Sweep it under the carpet. And revisionism too.
Not the way a supporters’ group should be conducting itself.

Keep up. I'm not on the Supporters Trust.

Wasn’t chas doing the due diligence for Santori ? By that implication SD knew everything he didn’t already know about the club, his business head ruled and wouldn’t up the offer
Was he? I wouldn't hire a PR bloke to do any sort of due diligence, never mind to do it on a club that he has/had an affection for and history with! I'd be looking at lawyers, accountants and auditors.

I can’t see where I have said you had an agenda, you just put some of the stuff on here that I’m not sure is in the public arena, how do you know that the agents got greedy without an inside line?

I was insinuating that your personal beef with Charlie, played out on this very forum, prevents you from viewing events from Sunderland in a balanced fashion.

You can read about Ndong's move to Torino collapsing due to greedy agents here - all in the public domain.

I was insinuating that your personal beef with Charlie, played out on this very forum, prevents you from viewing events from Sunderland in a balanced fashion.

You can read about Ndong's move to Torino collapsing due to greedy agents here - all in the public domain.
it would make me happy if he fell flat on his face, I don’t trust him, like him or his personal abuse, what goes round comes round and wouldn’t mind meeting him face to face for him to repeat his words .

Keep up. I'm not on the Supporters Trust.

You were the vice chair until May. Apols. Thank God you stepped away. Someone in such a position at an ‘independent’ organisation couldn’t possibly think it a good thing that supporters were kept in the dark about financial irregularities. As I said, it Damns you ...and the organisation at the time

You were the vice chair until May. Apols. Thank God you stepped away. Someone in such a position at an ‘independent’ organisation couldn’t possibly think it a good thing that supporters were kept in the dark about financial irregularities. As I said, it Damns you ...and the organisation at the time

This actually says more about you than it does Simon or OxVox. Pretty sad!

A few points on the whole saga of DE turning their offer down.

1: Eales is a business man, obviously he is going to do a deal that is beneficial to him. He isn't just going to write off millions of £s for the love of OUFC! He might not sell us to just anybody and actually want to sell the club to someone who will take the club to the next step but he will do so at the best price.
2: People seem to forget that Charlie has now been involved in 2 takeover bids of the club and both times they have failed. Even someone he got along with in Lenegan didn't think it was best to sell to a group of businessmen with him involved.
3: DE asked Satori and co to up their bid. They didn't want to as they didn't feel it made financial sense to, now that is down to them but if a proper and thorough due diligence process had been done on Sunderland then it would of come apparent that it was going to be a very big financial gamble to take on a climb like Sunderland with their wage bill. I can see them becoming the next Portsmouth followed by QPR and Birmingham. Now that is due to past owners over spending to get to the promised land of the premier league. A gamble that seems to be back firing on clubs more and more.

I personally think SD has been very naive in taking over Sunderland with the state of the club. I also think it shows a lack of experience how they have dealt with the players on big contracts. This isn't a small non league club like Eastleigh now where it is easy to rip a contract up. These players have a lot of power now adays and to think they were just going to move on was again, naive.

I wasn't aware until two days before you irresponsibly broke the news Ed, we then spent our 'precious time' making sure of the facts following your inaccurate "breaking news". Thankfully, Tiger had it all under control, had paid the bill that had been left for him. But hey, you got the fanbase in a panic about finances............bravo!

I wasn't aware until two days before you irresponsibly broke the news Ed, we then spent our 'precious time' making sure of the facts following your inaccurate "breaking news". Thankfully, Tiger had it all under control, had paid the bill that had been left for him. But hey, you got the fanbase in a panic about finances............bravo!

FAKE NEWS! And doubling down. How Trumpian.
I think you’ll find the folks who ‘irresponsibly’ broke the news were Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. Weird isn’t it that they issued the order when it was paid? Or you just sucked down a great big whopper. As for it appearing on here that was another poster.
But, as I said, good to know that you and your mob at the time thought it best that the club’s financial irregularities should be hushed up. Can’t think why that was

I am still waiting for conclusive EVIDENCE that the staff weren’t paid their wages from months ago from the hawk?!.?

I think you’ll find the folks who ‘irresponsibly’ broke the news were Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. Weird isn’t it that they issued the order when it was paid? Or you just sucked down a great big whopper. As for it appearing on here that was another poster.
But, as I said, good to know that you and your mob at the time thought it best that the club’s financial irregularities should be hushed up. Can’t think why that was
Nope you just put it on Twitter. You then claimed the players had not been paid, still no proof. Your mentor spun you one there.

I wonder whether the minority shareholder played host to any of this forum's posters at the Sunderland game.

Wasnt a distant relative of this thread title a bit notorious in the early part of last century? ...was public enemy number 1, maverick bank robber in the USA ... he would go into a bank, fire a shot into the roof proclaiming, " my name is Diligence, John Diligence, this could be the greatest day of your life, don't make it your last ...."

oh, wait a mo, it was Dillinger, John Dillinger :eek:

Despite it being a bit fun to create some conspiracy here, it was unfortunate but not a major issue. A payment had been missed and in the change over between DE and Tiger this wasn't spotted. HMRC issued the order and this was then paid. By the time some (yourself included) came on here gloating that this proved the fact that the club were skint, it had already been resolved without further action being taken. No financial irregulatities were hushed up as has been stated, the problem had been resolved by the time it was public knowledge. No FAKE NEWS, infact, barely NEWS worthy at all.

But then we have you implying that Simon and/or OxVox (his mob) both knew what had occured and consciously covered this up for some gain (can't think what that was?). In addition, you made a comment regarding Tiger and Russian loan sharks. Are you going to justify either of these statements, or, as with your previous posts, are you going to hide back under your rock until there is more s**t to sling?

Because despite being a fully paid up member of the Moonshiners Club, I don't expect everything to always be squeeky clean at OUFC. But I do prefer to act on something that has at least a tiny bit of truth to it. @bazzer9461 (and others) occasionally shares some pretty wild statements on here, but it is accepted that he is a very passionate fan who wears his heart on his sleeve, and we love that. But you are an investigative journalist (and occasional fan) and that brings with it an element of responsibility or raised expectations that when you throw out this allegations you occasionally offer a little substance. Because, without it is very difficult to take what you do say seriously.

Despite it being a bit fun to create some conspiracy here, it was unfortunate but not a major issue. A payment had been missed and in the change over between DE and Tiger this wasn't spotted. HMRC issued the order and this was then paid. By the time some (yourself included) came on here gloating that this proved the fact that the club were skint, it had already been resolved without further action being taken. No financial irregulatities were hushed up as has been stated, the problem had been resolved by the time it was public knowledge. No FAKE NEWS, infact, barely NEWS worthy at all.

But then we have you implying that Simon and/or OxVox (his mob) both knew what had occured and consciously covered this up for some gain (can't think what that was?). In addition, you made a comment regarding Tiger and Russian loan sharks. Are you going to justify either of these statements, or, as with your previous posts, are you going to hide back under your rock until there is more s**t to sling?

Because despite being a fully paid up member of the Moonshiners Club, I don't expect everything to always be squeeky clean at OUFC. But I do prefer to act on something that has at least a tiny bit of truth to it. @bazzer9461 (and others) occasionally shares some pretty wild statements on here, but it is accepted that he is a very passionate fan who wears his heart on his sleeve, and we love that. But you are an investigative journalist (and occasional fan) and that brings with it an element of responsibility or raised expectations that when you throw out this allegations you occasionally offer a little substance. Because, without it is very difficult to take what you do say seriously.

There is no conspiracy. Simon B on this thread said Oxford fans shouldn’t have been told about financial irregularities. End of. Not a particularly edifying statement from what was supposed to be an independent supporters group.

Back
Top Bottom