Drums

I think the snare the Ultras had worked well, they used it properly unlike some idiots that mindlessly bang it all the way through the match. Bass drums make fans sound like an Orange Order march. Some of the chants Saturday were so out of time they could have used a drum to be honest.

I think the snare the Ultras had worked well, they used it properly unlike some idiots that mindlessly bang it all the way through the match. Bass drums make fans sound like an Orange Order march. Some of the chants Saturday were so out of time they could have used a drum to be honest.

Didn’t help why come much did it, was like some one had given High Wycombes village idiot an early Christmas present of a drum in the morning and he just randomly hit it.

Even in there best ever league season they are still tin pot, from the football they play to the fans.

Why are they banging a drum? It sounds really rubbish- said my grandaughter at the game on saturday

If an 11 year old says its really rubbish i guess it really is

Imagine those tinpotters in the Championship. They would be punching above their weight in League Two. Many people in Wycombe with common sense support Oxford United - their local big team.

Our match guide to fans says no musical instruments, wish it was enforced.

Didn’t we try a drum once??

Hope it doesn’t come back. It’s like admitting your own support is tin pot.
We did, and our support was suddenly much louder, songs lasted longer and they were in time. Always find it strange to call drums tinpot, and then probably drool over Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, Dortmunds support etc who all use them.

We did, and our support was suddenly much louder, songs lasted longer and they were in time. Always find it strange to call drums tinpot, and then probably drool over Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, Dortmunds support etc who all use them.
'Palace are arguably the loudest/ most vocal/ visual & atmosphere inducing support in PL .... do they use a drum?

( I dont take much notice of any PL or European club matches... Oxford Utd and England only)

It depends on whether a drum is basically the chant or whether it is used to enhance/support the chant.

Wycombe was a drum without much chanting or at best the chanting was incidental to the drum as it couldn't be heard over it.

Fortunately we had a genius on the drum who knew that it shouldn’t be played too loudly...

Fortunately we had a genius on the drum who knew that it shouldn’t be played too loudly...

Probably around the same time as when we played aldershot several times in 2006 onwards. They had snare and bass drum and it worked.

From comments on the Wycombe forum, there is a fair bit of annoyance/irritation/complaints at their drummer.