Matches Donny jump the gun

On February 6th last year, Doncaster beat us 3-2, after which they were 2nd in the table, three points off the top with two games in hand.

Since then, they've played 42 League One games......and managed only 7 wins and 29 points. :oops:

One of the more spectacular declines of recent years! And whilst it didn't start under Wellens, he certainly doesn't seem to have been able to do anything about it.

On February 6th last year, Doncaster beat us 3-2, after which they were 2nd in the table, three points off the top with two games in hand.

Since then, they've played 42 League One games......and managed only 7 wins and 29 points. :oops:

One of the more spectacular declines of recent years! And whilst it didn't start under Wellens, he certainly doesn't seem to have been able to do anything about it.
They seem a bit like Shrewsbury we’re a few years back bringing in a whole new team with some big names for L1 and not achieving promotion and the money seems to dry up.

They seem a bit like Shrewsbury we’re a few years back bringing in a whole new team with some big names for L1 and not achieving promotion and the money seems to dry up.
Lincoln have to a smaller extent gone from Top 5 ( and top for the first part of the season ) to near the bottom .
MAPP made some excellent loan signings last season but lost them and the replacements have been nowhere near as good.

Lincoln have to a smaller extent gone from Top 5 ( and top for the first part of the season ) to near the bottom .
MAPP made some excellent loan signings last season but lost them and the replacements have been nowhere near as good.
The wheels certainly seem to be coming off the wagon at Lincoln.
Mapp could find himself surplus to requirements if they continue to slip.

Wellens made the decision to chase the ££££ at Salford, rather than building on the work that he'd done at Swindon. His record since has been pathetic. No sympathy from me.

Wellens made the decision to chase the ££££ at Salford, rather than building on the work that he'd done at Swindon. His record since has been pathetic. No sympathy from me.

Tbf to Wellens, he had the inside track on the mess the club was in so got out. The compensation from Salford probably helped Swindon operate that little bit longer.

How does that compare to the immediate post Wilder era. Quite a few games under Micky Lewis, then Waddock, then MApp. That 10 month period January to October was pretty bad, can't imagine it was more than 7 wins.

Anyone going to Donny who could offer me a lift back and drop me in the Derby area? Happy to pay petrol contribution

Back
Top Bottom