Chairman Done Deal - New owner is Tiger

I wonder if they went to KFC to seal the deal?

DWzeSkQWkAA6t32.jpg

No yellow and blue dickie bow, disappointed.

Reading reporter on radio oxford saying, that they were successful a reading getting to a playoff final, but there is a feeling that they were there for the development land around the stadium. Followed by I’m not sure we should label tiger with that, I think he was the exception.
Great if we get to play them again, we can sing we own your car park.... Maybe he can do a land swap with Kassam!

Maybe he didn't want to tell you in case you breached confidentiality? It wouldn't be the first time would it.................

You'll have to wait a few days until the notes are ready like everyone else.
Really Colin? Care to expand on that?

Maybe he didn't want to tell you in case you breached confidentiality? It wouldn't be the first time would it.................

You'll have to wait a few days until the notes are ready like everyone else.
That has upped the stakes a little!!

I'm not sure I believe what Myles and Charlie post and Lord Charles' hectoring style is a little off-putting but I'd rather they posted than not. Myles asks good questions well, and answers, either directly or through actions, will be welcome.

What's really tiresome is people attacking the poster rather than the post, Mr Wig.
I agree with that.
We can't always agree and I would far rather Myles/ Charlie post than not post.

There is an awful lot going on at the moment. Some are not surprisingly a little sceptical. Surely there is nothing wrong with people questioning and challenging new owners?

After Kassam, IL purchasing the club without the ground (with his mate Merry), Herd, we should surely be sceptical?

Just looking from my usual uninformed standpoint. I ask this... why would a successful businessman get involved with a club with no clear assets other than the players and tickets sales?

Football is a fools paradise for someone looking to make money out of club ownership.
With Tiger now in place, I can see few options to open up the revenue streams. Of those available to him, All will require significant cash being splashed in order to see a return.
Looking from my east stand rookery, I think he will obviously first need a manager to get the house in order and guide us to safety in this league. From there, he will then need this manager to take his money and bring in the kind of players that will put us in the championship within the next 18 months. From there, he could then either sell on those players for profit, sell the club on or hunker down and ride it out on a low budget.
Wresting the stadium from our ‘poor landlord’ may well be wasted effort as he clearly has no interest in concession of any kind.
A new stadium elsewhere could be a possibility but would probably (certainly) involve the council in some capacity. Serious money would need to be fronted though, will he see this as a goer? Not sure if that is something he would consider but it is one avenue to explore.
Should we fail to get promotion then he will soon be gone.
Personally, I think he will put his hands in his (hopefully deep) pockets and buy quality players in in the summer to push on.
There is no guarantee that this will work but it offers the best chance of success.
We have potential, no question we have it. He just needs to tap into it.

My own personal opinion, based on not much, is that Tigger's a random sort of nutjob, only because I can't see why anyone would buy OUFC now and he's not letting on.

Has he got any money?
Has he got access to somebody else's money?
Has he got access to bucketloads of somebody else's money?
On what terms?
Has he got an attention span longer than 30 seconds?
Has he got a plan other than running about with sweaty lads?
Does it involve taking money and running off with it?
Where from?
(and the Darryl 'Slippery' Eales Memorial Question) Will it all be in the best interests of the club?

My own personal opinion, based on not much, is that Tigger's a random sort of nutjob, only because I can't see why anyone would buy OUFC now and he's not letting on.

Has he got any money?
Has he got access to somebody else's money?
Has he got access to bucketloads of somebody else's money?
On what terms?
Has he got an attention span longer than 30 seconds?
Has he got a plan other than running about with sweaty lads?
Does it involve taking money and running off with it?
Where from?
(and the Darryl 'Slippery' Eales Memorial Question) Will it all be in the best interests of the club?

Better than your usual postings . Well done.
8/10 ?

Back
Top Bottom