Chairman Done Deal - New owner is Tiger

Currently 21 degrees C, warm and sunny here at the Princesa Yaiza, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. New chair, so end of story on that one. Bellamy still coming? I'm really finding it hard to care right now .... :cool:

Nearly stayed there for my late November sunshine break Pete, but instead chose La Isla Y El Mar in Puerto del Carmen. Absolutely stunning place and had mid 20sC for the whole time.

Not cheap, but highly recommended and well worth every penny, for an off season break that's not the other side of the world.

Look at the tone u adopt with us and others, yet some how we manage to remain saintly enough to not drop down to childish name calling and personal insults. But hey ur the super educated pr guy. Never ur fault.
Not quite sure how sentence one squares with sentences two and three....

I wonder if, at the start of a season, the dominating protagonists on this forum set a target for their point scoring?

Maybe we should have a thread with blocks of 5 games, which provides a running total, so we can all see who’s winning.

Yep, La Isla was on our shortlist but went for Yaiza as a friend recommended it. Palatial is the word. Anyway, enough chat from you Colin. Shouldn't you be grilling the new chair about exactly how he's going to liaise with Kassam to get the bogs cleaned?

Don't be silly Pete, we're OxVox, we don't know what we're doing. You're much better off asking Charlie or Myles.

I asked Jem yesterday if OxVox were aware of Tiger's plans for the club. His reply? "Not really Myles"

So, it will certainly be interesting to see what snippets of information OxVox did actually garner in their meetings. But it also raises the question as to why an independent supporters' trust should issue a press release, co-ordinated with the club, welcoming a new owner on board when a) they don't seem to know what his plans are and b) that new owner has baggage which raises significant concerns.

As i've said previously fans are not going to be asked to approve a player,manager or Owner..A deal was struck between the 2 parties of seller and buyer and therefore as a fan there is nothing that is going to change that.
Other owners had plans as i recall, a 5 year one in one case but they never materialised as he didn't stay around to see it through...This new fella could say he has a 5 year plan to reach the premier league but at the end of the day as with all Owners it's just words.
I really don't get why you keep popping up to criticise Oxvox and would love to know what you believe they should or could have done to prevent the Deal.

I asked Jem yesterday if OxVox were aware of Tiger's plans for the club. His reply? "Not really Myles"

So, it will certainly be interesting to see what snippets of information OxVox did actually garner in their meetings. But it also raises the question as to why an independent supporters' trust should issue a press release, co-ordinated with the club, welcoming a new owner on board when a) they don't seem to know what his plans are and b) that new owner has baggage which raises significant concerns.

Maybe he didn't want to tell you in case you breached confidentiality? It wouldn't be the first time would it.................

You'll have to wait a few days until the notes are ready like everyone else.

Soon find out won’t we. Do u agree it’s better that they were as fan present at that meeting than excluded though? As that would mean no snippets at all. And knowing Jem as u obviously do would u say as a fan he would keep quiet if he felt from that meeting the club was going in a bad direction ?
I have had a number of conversations with Jem over the past couple of years where he has privately expressed his opinion as to how he thinks the club is going and, on occasion, that differs from the official OxVox line. That's the nature of boards and committees - not everyone agrees all the time, but the "official" line remains consistent.

And, yet again, you are re-asking a question I have answered on here time and time again. But, just for the (broken) record, my view is that OxVox's key role is looking after the future sustainability of the club, on behalf of their members. If they have been engaged in discussions with Tiger and he hasn't been forthcoming in what his plans are, they really should be saying so and not issuing a press release which says they have been in discussions; implicitly saying they don't know what his plans are; not mentioning any of the concerns which have been raised about Tiger; and how he has reassured them, etc etc etc

To pre-empt those who are going to accuse me (again) of having an anti-OxVox agenda: I am hugely in favour of the Supporters' Trust movement in general and OxVox in particular. I do, however, believe that any trust has to be very, very careful over how closely they align themselves with club ownership and don't sacrifice their independence and ability to be open with their members simply to have access to "inside" information. And, from what I can see here, I am concerned that is exactly what has happened.

A new dawn in to the unknown which no one knows what will happen and maybe that is why people are worried as naturally people don’t like change.

It is however tiresome seeing myles on his anti OxVox bandwagon again while OxVox have already said minutes will be out next week and tiger will revolve his plans on Monday. You then have Charlie (thought you weren’t going to post any more Charles) yet again having a few digs at OxVox while also dropping in a few hints he knows how much tiger has paid etc when in reality he is in the dark like the rest of us.

All in all it’s a roller coaster ride supporting OUFC and I look forward to the real facts and plans come out next week.

Soon find out won’t we. Do u agree it’s better that they were as fan present at that meeting than excluded though? As that would mean no snippets at all. And knowing Jem as u obviously do would u say as a fan he would keep quiet if he felt from that meeting the club was going in a bad direction ?
I have had a number of conversations with Jem over the past couple of years where he has privately expressed his opinion as to how he thinks the club is going and, on occasion, that differs from the official OxVox line. That's the nature of boards and committees - not everyone agrees all the time, but the "official" line remains consistent.

And, yet again, you are re-asking a question I have answered on here time and time again. But, just for the (broken) record, my view is that OxVox's key role is looking after the future sustainability of the club, on behalf of their members. If they have been engaged in discussions with Tiger and he hasn't been forthcoming in what his plans are, they really should be saying so and not issuing a press release which says they have been in discussions; implicitly saying they don't know what his plans are; not mentioning any of the concerns which have been raised about Tiger; and how he has reassured them, etc etc etc

To pre-empt those who are going to accuse me (again) of having an anti-OxVox agenda: I am hugely in favour of the Supporters' Trust movement in general and OxVox in particular. I do, however, believe that any trust has to be very, very careful over how closely they align themselves with club ownership and don't sacrifice their independence and ability to be open with their members simply to have access to "inside" information. And, from what I can see here, I am concerned that is exactly what has happened.

And what if as Colin suggests he hasn’t given info to u or anyone else, butbit will be released to members once tiger has had the chance to do it himself on Monday. U don’t answer the question u turn it straight back to the point of if they didn’t get the answers why ain’t they informing members, what if they did!

Answer these questions straight, 1 at a time

1/ Are u happy that they were in a position to hear the answers?

2/ do u think they wouldn’t say if they thought the club was about to be put into trouble.

3/ is it professional to allow the new owner to speak for himself before they do.

4/ who’s confidentiality did u break ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is however tiresome seeing myles on his anti OxVox bandwagon again while OxVox have already said minutes will be out next week and tiger will revolve his plans on Monday. You then have Charlie (thought you weren’t going to post any more Charles) yet again having a few digs at OxVox while also dropping in a few hints he knows how much tiger has paid etc when in reality he is in the dark like the rest of us.

I'm not sure I believe what Myles and Charlie post and Lord Charles' hectoring style is a little off-putting but I'd rather they posted than not. Myles asks good questions well, and answers, either directly or through actions, will be welcome.

What's really tiresome is people attacking the poster rather than the post, Mr Wig.

All in all it’s a roller coaster ride supporting OUFC and I look forward to the real facts and plans come out next week.

How will you know if they're "the real facts and plans"? Are they immutable? Slippery changed facts and plans on roughly a monthly basis, why won't Tigger?

Currently 21 degrees C, warm and sunny here at the Princesa Yaiza, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. (No time difference from UK). New chair, so end of story on that one. Bellamy still coming? I'm really finding it hard to care right now .... :cool:

Mrs YR and I fly out to Fuerteventura tomorrow all being well, I’ll wave to you Pete across the water.

21 degrees C sounds ideal. Looking forward to warming these ageing bones.

Currently 21 degrees C, warm and sunny here at the Princesa Yaiza, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. (No time difference from UK). New chair, so end of story on that one. Bellamy still coming? I'm really finding it hard to care right now .... :cool:

The Princesa Yaiza! You're going up in the world Pete.

I wonder if they went to KFC to seal the deal?

DWzeSkQWkAA6t32.jpg

Back
Top Bottom