EFL Doncaster Off

Wallop

The other two threads on this have been locked so I have to start a third. OWS says this has been postponed due to international call-ups......

I think this means we should play Swindon on the Fa cup rnd 2 weekend just to keep the run of games going otherwise this season is going to be stop start.

I took a look at our fixture list last week and post-Christmas there are (only) 5 Tuesdays where we have a game so whilst it's annoying, I'm not sure it's a major issue.

Mind you the above of course assumes there aren't further postponements and that we don't go on a major run in the Pizza Cup.

I think this means we should play Swindon on the Fa cup rnd 2 weekend just to keep the run of games going otherwise this season is going to be stop start.
I think the club are trying to delay this for as long as possible in case fans are allowed to return to the ground. Not quite sure why as I can't see any fans above ST holders being allowed in this season so there wouldn't be any extra revenue gained and if fans do return for that fixture, the steward/police costs would be pretty high.

I think the club are trying to delay this for as long as possible in case fans are allowed to return to the ground. Not quite sure why as I can't see any fans above ST holders being allowed in this season so there wouldn't be any extra revenue gained and if fans do return for that fixture, the steward/police costs would be pretty high.

Would be a marvellous and very welcome gesture though!

Tues 10th Nov - Walsall (A) - Tinpot
Sat 14th Nov - No Game
Tues 17th Nov - Crewe (H)
Sat 21st Nov - Wigan (A)
Tues 24th Nov - Portsmouth (A)
Sat 28th Nov - No Game
Tues 1st Dec - Ipswich (H)
Sat 5th Dec - Hull (H)

So frustrating, will go from a week without a game, into 3 games in a week. Then, no game for a week, into two games in four days.

I don't have a massive problem with Donny following the rules if they are there to take advantage of.
What I do have a problem is international games while most of Europe is in lockdown...jetting players off to three different countries in a week to play friendlies or this Nations League horse-sh*t. Couldn't we have just had a season off from senseless international games?

It's worth bearing in mind though that it would be highly unlikely that away support would be allowed. I know some of us SSU lot can get a bit rowdy but we don't need too high a plod presence!

Tues 10th Nov - Walsall (A) - Tinpot
Sat 14th Nov - No Game
Tues 17th Nov - Crewe (H)
Sat 21st Nov - Wigan (A)
Tues 24th Nov - Portsmouth (A)
Sat 28th Nov - No Game
Tues 1st Dec - Ipswich (H)
Sat 5th Dec - Hull (H)

So frustrating, will go from a week without a game, into 3 games in a week. Then, no game for a week, into two games in four days.
Tues 8th Dec - Papa Johns Rd II (if we get through)
Sat 12th - Blackpool (a)
Tues 15th - Noton (h)
Sat 19th - Bristol R (a)

Quite a few free midweek slots after Christmas so we can play any home games against lower placed sides then and then leave the away trips to the league leaders until May

I take slight issue with the wording of this tweet from the OM. It seems to me to be an attempt to implicitly conflate another postponement with Doncaster's COVID situation, when it really isn't anything of the sort, to stir up a bit of controversy.

One of the comments is correct though. You would have though that in this of all seasons, games being postponed for international call ups should be done away with.

I take slight issue with the wording of this tweet from the OM. It seems to me to be an attempt to implicitly conflate another postponement with Doncaster's COVID situation, when it really isn't anything of the sort, to stir up a bit of controversy.

One of the comments is correct though. You would have though that in this of all seasons, games being postponed for international call ups should be done away with.
Well, I think it is not automatic postponement if the players missing are age-group internationals, and maybe the management team being missing for the week before encouraged them to request it be postponed...

If Shrewsbury beat Oxford City or Northampton in FA Cup R2, our home fixture on 9th Jan is off.

Why, hopefully the coronavirus is having it’s a**e kicked by then with the vaccine, lighter nights and warmer weather!!
and they have left far more free Tuesdays in the calendar

Back
Top Bottom