Dominic Cummings and goings ....

Should Dominic Cummings stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No good asking EY, Tory eyesight rules are different to the rest of the country, he won't have seen either of those answers... ?

Opticians are closed. :)

As a side note we have had to cancel all the vitreous humor tests in Toxicology in case the deceased were carrying Covid.
They normally take samples from the eye ball but they may now be unsafe to use.
If you die in mysterious circumstances the eye is the most stable, uncontaminated environment in the body where the liquid within follows the same toxicological pattern as the body. EG: If you OD on drugs/drink the eyes tell the story.

Not a lot of people know that.

It’s about _being_ sorry not _saying_ sorry.
That’s the difference between integrity and marketing.

Hair shirt and self flagellation for a month?
Trial by fire?
Dunking in the village pond?

I thought we had moved on............... :ROFLMAO:

Hair shirt and self flagellation for a month?
Trial by fire?
Dunking in the village pond?

I thought we had moved on............... :ROFLMAO:
No, much easier. “I’m sorry. I was under pressure and made a thoughtless mistake. I’m not proud of it, and ask for peoples’ understanding”.

It is exactly the repressed idea that the alternatives are “brazen it out at all costs” or “abject humiliation” that ends up in this situation.

So saying "Sorry" excuses breaking the guidance then and makes them "Covid Secure" and definitely doesn`t send the wrong message to the public?

If you want one to go, for what the police describe as a minor transgression, then the same should apply to all those who have been caught doing similar or in some cases far worse.

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle........... both black. (in a non-racist, non-gender kind of way before anyone froths).

Which part of the cover up did you miss?

Which part of the cover up did you miss?

Cover up like Watergate?
Cover up like Blair`s WMD?
Cover up like Dr Kellys "death"?

Or the crux of the issue being it wasn`t newsworthy that one person wanted to look after his kid?

Equally ironic that another "media adored family" left their three children alone and one went missing............yet they are supported not vilified.

Cover up like Watergate?

Or the crux of the issue being it wasn`t newsworthy that one person wanted to look after his kid?

Equally ironic that another "media adored family" left their three children alone and one went missing............yet they are supported not vilified.

You mean lying about the blog he claimed to write 2019, his Mrs had Covid symptoms then in the questions didn't etc etc.

Not sure what you're getting at here, but it reminded me of that time the Camerons left their kid in the pub.

Cover up like Watergate?

‘...newspaper group was forced to issue a grovelling apology for more than 100 "seriously defamatory" articles variously alleging the McCanns were responsible for Madeleine's death, engaged in wife-swapping orgies and sold their daughter to child traffickers because they were "hard up".’

Gosh, it’s hard work going around fact-checking everything you say, I see how Twitter feel with Trump ?

i think the point has been missed...Regardless of what you believe.......One family acted with care towards their child and another most certainly didn't

Now the old uns among us will recall that if you went to Butlins/Pontins as a child you would often be left in bed whilst parents went to the entertainment of an evening but the difference was the Camps provided child watch arranged prior to booking and parents would receive messages over the tannoy Baby/Child crying in Chalet 52

i think the point has been missed...Regardless of what you believe.......One family acted with care towards their child and another most certainly didn't

Now the old uns among us will recall that if you went to Butlins/Pontins as a child you would often be left in bed whilst parents went to the entertainment of an evening but the difference was the Camps provided child watch arranged prior to booking and parents would receive messages over the tannoy Baby/Child crying in Chalet 52

That wasn’t the point being made though. It was claimed that the media treated both families very differently, which seems to be a pervasive idea amongst right-wingers at the moment - ‘why are people I like the only ones who have ever been treated badly by the mainstream media!! It’s so unfair!’

I think he should go. To be honest that would be my preferred choice whether he had travelled to Durham or not.
He’s effectively a spin doctor, his job is to shape the truth to make his employer, in this case the PM, look more palatable to the public.
He works for the interests of the PM not the public.
Personally I would like to see all these truth twisters gone, regardless of the political party they are working for.

I’m not defending Cummings. He should at least have apologised, and shouldn’t have reinvented the sight test for driving.
however, I didn’t see the same witch hunt by the BBC to get Jimmy Saville out.
Nor did the journalists consider the idea of social distancing at the press conference

Don't we think that bringing up the abduction of a small girl as some sort of defence for Cummings or attack on the media is more than a little bit beyond the line?

Not defending /Attacking anyone, just showing there are 2 sides to every story and as i do with all my responses on these subjects try to keep things balanced.

I’m not defending Cummings. He should at least have apologised, and shouldn’t have reinvented the sight test for driving.
however, I didn’t see the same witch hunt by the BBC to get Jimmy Saville out.
Nor did the journalists consider the idea of social distancing at the press conference

The Jimmy Saville comparison is a bizarre one if you don't mind my saying so.

Just as a point of interest, if DC did resign/depart, what are everyone's views on how the country would or should then be led in the short and longer term, given the current situation??
Should Boris stay on despite losing his main advisor/crutch/puppeteer (delete as appropriate) or should Boris go as well, given his backing for DC?

Who should step up within the party to take the helm (if boris goes) or be the key advisor(s) in DCs absence (if boris stays)?
Or should we go the whole hog and call a vote of no confidence/election (despite all the issues over distancing etc)?

Just as a point of interest, if DC did resign/depart, what are everyone's views on how the country would or should then be led in the short and longer term, given the current situation??
Should Boris stay on despite losing his main advisor/crutch/puppeteer (delete as appropriate) or should Boris go as well, given his backing for DC?

Who should step up within the party to take the helm (if boris goes) or be the key advisor(s) in DCs absence (if boris stays)?
Or should we go the whole hog and call a vote of no confidence/election (despite all the issues over distancing etc)?

despite my personal aversion to all things at the wrong end of the A420, I'd opt for the whole hog :sneaky:

especially after the comments 'allowed' to be made by dept chief med advisor during yesterdays briefing

..... though I would say that wouldnt I? :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom