Dominic Cummings and goings ....

Should Dominic Cummings stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Burrett

Yep, just when some people thought we might be 'moving on' let's see what Yellows Forum think about DC's future. A recent poll (a real one based on a representative sample of real people) suggested two thirds thought he should 'go'. Not sure how many of the other third thought he should 'stay' or had little or no further interest in the matter.

A Yellows Forum poll accurately reflected the Brexit referendum result, so let's see how we fare on this one.

(Caveat: this is probably the most pointless poll ever, as Boris is clearly not going to sack him, and instinct-driven common sense DC will never resign, but let's do it anyway).

Love him or loathe him he has plenty of ideas............ https://dominiccummings.com/

As with many high functioning individuals it is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Yes, he should have apologised but some people lack that level of empathy because they are too busy with the blue sky stuff!

@Pete Burrett ............

How are the "don`t care`s" going to be factored in? Positively.... he stays or Negatively ...he goes?

Is voting compulsory?

Did you get an independent scrutiny committee to design the question?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Pete Burrett ............

How are the "don`t care`s" going to be factored in? Positively.... he stays or Negatively ...he goes?

Is voting compulsory?

Did you get an independent scrutiny committee to design the question?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was interested in the apathy quotient on here, so thought 'don't care' would give an insight.

On the basis that we should only really be interested in actual opinions, not apathy, I guess we can factor out the 'don't cares' in the final analysis. For example, as I write there have been 16 votes; 3 for stay (18.8%), 11 for go (68.8%) and 2 for 'don't care'. So of 14 actual opinions, 78.5% are for go!

Voting is NOT compulsory and the result of the vote may well be disregarded by cynics / losers on the basis of too few votes cast.

I did form a small committee comprising myself and @YellowTaxi. Question design was tricky, but we eventually decided to leave it open without links to the inputs that DC has had to the country's wellbeing. Well, I did, @YellowTaxi resigned at that point.

I think he should go if Kinnock, Ali and Gething go, if they dont then he shouldnt either.

Last I heard the Labour party hadnt called for him to resign, its obvious why.

I was interested in the apathy quotient on here, so thought 'don't care' would give an insight.

On the basis that we should only really be interested in actual opinions, not apathy, I guess we can factor out the 'don't cares' in the final analysis. For example, as I write there have been 16 votes; 3 for stay (18.8%), 11 for go (68.8%) and 2 for 'don't care'. So of 14 actual opinions, 78.5% are for go!

Voting is NOT compulsory and the result of the vote may well be disregarded by cynics / losers on the basis of too few votes cast.

I did form a small committee comprising myself and @YellowTaxi. Question design was tricky, but we eventually decided to leave it open without links to the inputs that DC has had to the country's wellbeing. Well, I did, @YellowTaxi resigned at that point.

See without mandatory voting whoever loses could argue that the "non-voters" would have swung it for them.
I`m surprised at YT`s behaviour....nay amazed they could drag themselves away from the Covid thread............. the only part of the forum they have ever posted in............... pass me that fishy smelling fish.

Ah, now the non-binary shouldn't necessarily represent apathy!

I partly don't know and I partly don't care.

Don't know: consistency - as mentioned by @horseman and @Sharp Edges among others

Don't care: not through apathy as such, just the grim realisation that he would be back doing the same thing in no time at all and perhaps in an even less accountable position!

In short: I don't know which way to vote, somebody please tell me.

Don't know: consistency - as mentioned by @horseman and @Sharp Edges among others

Don't care: not through apathy as such, just the grim realisation that he would be back doing the same thing in no time at all and perhaps in an even less accountable position!

He stays. Which he will do anyway......

He should go, he's broken at minimum the spirit of the rules that he had a hand in writing.
His eye test drive would I suspect never have got a mention had he not been seen by a member of the public.
In his statement his reference to predictions of this type of virus was a "look at me, look how good I am" moment which quickly unraveled. But where would that leave BJ, because at best he's struggling.
With out DC he wouldn't survive. No PM signs up for this situation but he really doesn't want this. He won with a huge majority. He could have an easy ride for the majority of his 5 year term leaving the cabinet to run the day to day running of thinks. He's now screwed. Can't see him lasting a year.

He should go, he's broken at minimum the spirit of the rules that he had a hand in writing.
His eye test drive would I suspect never have got a mention had he not been seen by a member of the public.
In his statement his reference to predictions of this type of virus was a "look at me, look how good I am" moment which quickly unraveled. But where would that leave BJ, because at best he's struggling.
With out DC he wouldn't survive. No PM signs up for this situation but he really doesn't want this. He won with a huge majority. He could have an easy ride for the majority of his 5 year term leaving the cabinet to run the day to day running of thinks. He's now screwed. Can't see him lasting a year.

Not sure I agree with this.

He did breach the spirit of the rules. The Police have confirmed that the Durham trip was not a breach but the second trip was a technical breach which would not result in a fine, but instead a telling off.

If he got caught driving without a seatbelt would he have to resign? It's a minor breach.

So where do you go from here? If you don't like DC or the Tories (or perhaps if you really hated the Leave campaign) you're going to say that's hugely irresponsible and that he can't possibly retain his credibility - but then would you have argued that he had credibility before all this?? I doubt it.

I voted that I don't care because I genuinely don't. He did a bad thing. He should have owned up and apologised more quickly or not done it. But it's over now and I don't care whether he stays or goes.

As for Boris, he is still polling well despite a large dip in recent days. This will be a temporary dip. I'm not sure there's really much evidence to suggest he's "screwed".

How can he be in an even less accountable position when he isn't accountable in his present position?

He should go for his contemptuous attitude towards the British public and selfishly reckless and hypocritical behaviour.

However, he hasn’t yet so I doubt he will. The message that gives out to the electorate is basically that he and his BoJo puppet will do what they want.

Horrible narcissistic creatures.

How can he be in an even less accountable position when he isn't accountable in his present position?

Yep. Blows your mind even trying to imagine it. I think such a thing may be a possibility though - at least in theory.

The other aspect is that, I don`t know so this is a wild assumption, a Special Advisor would also be an employee?
If that is the case then his behaviour falls way, way short of anything near Gross Misconduct - especially in the public sector where it is nigh on impossible to get sacked.
So, if he has admitted his transgression to his boss and received a verbal or, at a push, a written warning that is it.
And the matter would remain confidential under the same employment legislation and public sector policies and procedures.

The other aspect is that, I don`t know so this is a wild assumption, a Special Advisor would also be an employee?
If that is the case then his behaviour falls way, way short of anything near Gross Misconduct - especially in the public sector where it is nigh on impossible to get sacked.
So, if he has admitted his transgression to his boss and received a verbal or, at a push, a written warning that is it.
And the matter would remain confidential under the same employment legislation and public sector policies and procedures.
Employee or Consultant? A consultant would be easier to step away from of course. No idea what sort of arrangement would be used.

Back
Top Bottom