Dodgy songs

chuckbert

Needed a footy fix after the transfer window excitement, so took the boy to watch Perth Glory against close neighbours Wellington Phoenix (3-0 btw), and was thinking how glad I am that oxford don’t have as abysmal an official song as the Glory - yes it’s “Glory, Glory, Per-erth Glo-ry”. Anyway I was cheered up considerably when the halftime “karaoke-cam” song was Sweet Caroline (la, la, la). Another terrible footy song, but made me think of home.

Needed a footy fix after the transfer window excitement, so took the boy to watch Perth Glory against close neighbours Wellington Phoenix (3-0 btw), and was thinking how glad I am that oxford don’t have as abysmal an official song as the Glory - yes it’s “Glory, Glory, Per-erth Glo-ry”. Anyway I was cheered up considerably when the halftime “karaoke-cam” song was Sweet Caroline (la, la, la). Another terrible footy song, but made me think of home.

wish OUFC would drop Sweet Caroline 1) its reminicent of ol slipperys era 2) its used by many other football clubs 3) except the 'Sweet Caroline , la la la' bit , the lyrics are not at all memorable, and dont flow easily either..... Dodgy Song it sure is IMO @chuckbert

wish OUFC would drop Sweet Caroline 1) its reminicent of ol slipperys era 2) its used by many other football clubs 3) except the 'Sweet Caroline , la la la' bit , the lyrics are not at all memorable, and dont flow easily either..... Dodgy Song it sure is IMO @chuckbert
It is, and alway will be, a Cricket singalong for me.

I can only think of "Staying out for the summer" for Dodgy so I don't know if they have songs that are appropriate.

I went to watch Orlando city Vs Houston dynamo in September and was shocked at how good the atmosphere was! I will upload some photos later. The standard on the other hand made watching us look like premier League.

I went to watch Orlando city Vs Houston dynamo in September and was shocked at how good the atmosphere was! I will upload some photos later. The standard on the other hand made watching us look like premier League.

So I've been to see a few Philadelphia Union games over the past few years. The atmosphere there is typically top notch as well. And you can get a good range of craft beers and drink 'em in your seat.

And I actually think that the quality of the players in MLS is generally significantly higher than League One - but they tend to play such an uninspiring, slow, tippy tappy, non-physical brand of football that a) I get bored, and b) I think Oxford would have a good shot at beating them just by playing a higher tempo, more physical style.

It is, and alway will be, a Cricket singalong for me.

Nah, Sweet Caroline is a baseball singalong and, more specifically, a Boston Red Sox singalong.

Been played at every one of their games since 2002. Neil Diamond has even been around there to sing it.

So I've been to see a few Philadelphia Union games over the past few years. The atmosphere there is typically top notch as well. And you can get a good range of craft beers and drink 'em in your seat.

And I actually think that the quality of the players in MLS is generally significantly higher than League One - but they tend to play such an uninspiring, slow, tippy tappy, non-physical brand of football that a) I get bored, and b) I think Oxford would have a good shot at beating them just by playing a higher tempo, more physical style.
That's very interesting, it may just have been that the two sides I watched were near the bottom of the table (Orlando were literally rock bottom).

The game itself was pretty free flowing, end to end stuff but either the final ball or the finishing was dreadful. There were about 40 shots on and off target in the match and it was a 0-0 draw. I think the fact that Johnathon Spector (yes that one) was man of the match summed it up for me.

Back
Top Bottom