Div 1 Style of play - Route one? in order.

Do managers generally have a style of play they want to employ or is it down to the players they have?

Maybe we are not long ball enough?
Have we got strikers that could get on to the long ball and seeing as Coventry are 20th tomorrows game could be all down to one touch passing starting with the keepers

Do most teams with limited budgets have to go more long ball? Looks as if Luton aren't a long ball team how big is there budget?

Do most teams with limited budgets have to go more long ball? Looks as if Luton aren't a long ball team how big is there budget?
Portsmouth have a big budget and they’re one of the front runners

Seems to me that article shows......that there's no particular correlation between style of play and success.

There's good teams playing long ball, and bad teams playing long ball.
Good teams playing passing football, and bad teams playing passing football.

Guess it's just about the manager finding the right players to play their chosen style of football, and then properly training and motivating them...

Seems to me that article shows......that there's no particular correlation between style of play and success.

Guess it's just about the manager finding the right players to play their chosen style of football, and then properly training and motivating them...

Absolutely, although having the funds to get and keep the best players at that level helps some!

At the risk of stating the obvious, I'd say you could equally apply the above to formations.

That seems about right.
As a supporter I would prefer to see the team at least trying to play decent football (and I guess that Stoke fans were fed up with the Pullis way and look what has happened since he left)

Absolutely, although having the funds to get and keep the best players at that level helps some!

At the risk of stating the obvious, I'd say you could equally apply the above to formations.
Almost certainly although I would suspect that most PL teams now play with 1 up front (with various formations behind)

That seems about right.
As a supporter I would prefer to see the team at least trying to play decent football (and I guess that Stoke fans were fed up with the Pullis way and look what has happened since he left)

Few complaints from them that I've heard, especially considering the sh1te they've had since

Back
Top Bottom