General Dissolve some teams

bashamwonderland

The FA has decided that each of the top 4 leagues has to be slimmed by 1 team next season. You have been asked to choose which teams get the chop. Prem, Champ, Lge 1, Lge 2, which would you choose??

For me:

1. West Ham
2. Wigan
3. Sunderland
4. Crawley

PL: Liverpool, because of their insufferable fans.
Champ: Luton. I don't think this needs justifying.
L1: Fleetwood. Let's be fair, not really a football team.
L2: Cambridge, just because of people thinking we have some kind of rivalry with them because of the universities.

PL: Liverpool, because of their insufferable fans.
Champ: Luton. I don't think this needs justifying.
L1: Fleetwood. Let's be fair, not really a football team.
L2: Cambridge, just because of people thinking we have some kind of rivalry with them because of the universities.
Can't call it better than that.

PL. Man Utd. Anything to stop the inane chat from their armchair brigade, and idiots who call them 'United'.

CH: Cardiff, awful fans. Thought about Luton, but it's always a good atmosphere.

L1: Southend, get rid of the bogey team.

L2: Orient. No explanations needed.

I also initially had Manchester United, Luton and Orient but swapped them out for various reasons.

I considered Fleetwood and Portsmouth in Lge 1 but I've only ever had unpleasant experiences with Sunderland fans.

Can I just pick teams from 1 or 2 divisions to flush some of the NLLs out? I'm assuming the tables are as now.

Fleetwood, Salford City, Forest Green Rovers and Crawley.

Relegate:
- Newcastle to the Championship as the crying from their fans would be amusing.
- Reading to Lg 1 for the same reason and it would make for interesting games.
- Sunderland to L2: see Newcastle
- Bolton to L2: as that is where they deserve to be.

If I have to do one from each:

PL: Newcastle
Cham: Reading
L1: Fleetwood
L2: Forest Green Rovers: Claim all these "green" credentials etc on top being a NLL, the hypocrisy of building a new out in the sticks Stadium when their stadium is in really good nick (and they own the stadium)

Edit: After reading m's post, I'd forgotten about Salford so they would replace Stevenage in the top bit. Don't replace Forest Green in the bottom part though due to Forest Green/Dale Vince's hypocrisy on being "green". Also, swapped out Fleetwood for Wycombe as they are worse.

Last edited:
Oooh, good question.

Man Utd - just has to be really
Reading - urgh
Fleetwood - see above
Stevenage can only be spared if they are relegated - in this instance Salford City would get it

Liverpool - It won`t be their fault and justice for 1986.
Luton - Why not?
Southend - tax dodging, cheating shambles of a football club.
Salford City - because.

I could do a reserve list as well...... :)

liverpool, man utd, southend, fleetwood, orient

reserve list
crawley, mk dons, salford, FGR, stevenage

Salford is a good shout. I would've had Stevenage but they get credit for their work in the community in the past few weeks.

Liverpool - To deny them the title by putting them out of existence would be funny.

Millwall - Their pointlessly angry fans would have to find something else to get angry about.

Fleetwood - Overpromoted non-League club.

Salford City - See above. There’s a glut of Greater Manchester clubs and to see Bury go to the wall but the Class of 92s sideline project survive is galling.

I quite like Southend and Orient. Definitely Fleetwood and Salford. If Man U and Chelsea went half the kids in the south east would have to find a proper team to support

West Ham - for moving out of their immediate area to the Olympic Stadium, thus dumping the legacy of Upton Park (yes, I know) while simultaneously making the 'spectator experience' absolutely shite.
Luton - because they are Luton
Wimbledon - for making us stand on a terrace with no view for years, and seemingly now defining their identity as 'not being MK Dons'
Stevenage - although it's a close(ish) one geographically to me, it always felt like a trial having to go there. More PNL than Wycombe.

I wouldn't actually get rid of any of these, just relegate them to one step below the Conference. :)

Liverpool - It won`t be their fault and justice for 1986.
Luton - Why not?
Southend - tax dodging, cheating shambles of a football club.
Salford City - because.

I could do a reserve list as well...... :)
Just the one reserve list???? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1) Liverpool (My hatred for them will never end)

2)Reading (see above)

3)AFC Wimbledon (Fkin Hate their fans and everything to do with ongoing grievance, re MK Dons - Hate them as well. But where were the cute Womble Army when their so much beloved club needed them) They are like the French Resistance, after the event, apparently hundreds and thousands were fighting

4) Those mugs at the shite end of the A420. Say no more.

Stay Safe COYY ??

Agree about Wimbledon. Their ongoing grievance against MK Dons is childish, even by the standards of many football fans. They've got their history and memorabilia back, it's about time they moved on.

1) Liverpool (My hatred for them will never end)

2)Reading (see above)

3)AFC Wimbledon (Fkin Hate their fans and everything to do with ongoing grievance, re MK Dons - Hate them as well. But where were the cute Womble Army when their so much beloved club needed them) They are like the French Resistance, after the event, apparently hundreds and thousands were fighting

4) Those mugs at the shite end of the A420. Say no more.

Stay Safe COYY ??

Why? First team after Oxford that I'd keep!

I don't want the second rate derby that we have with Reading being our main rivalry, nor Wycombe entering the fray either. If I had a £1 in my pocket and knew it would save Swindon Town FC, I'd spend it on them. They'd then have to live long in the knowledge that their club only exists due to an Oxford fan's benevolence.

I'd even be happy giving them £1 on consecutive days over a course of a week. A seven-in-a-row means of keeping them in business.

Back
Top Bottom