Tickets Disabled tickets

Yellow Dragon

Tickets for disabled areas (front row south stand) are no longer available online. Meaning that disabled fans have to make contact with the ticket office by phone - not the easiest thing - or go there in person to buy tickets. This is ableist discrimination! Not good enough!

Tickets for disabled areas (front row south stand) are no longer available online. Meaning that disabled fans have to make contact with the ticket office by phone - not the easiest thing - or go there in person to buy tickets. This is ableist discrimination! Not good enough!
I guess they want to avoid tickets being booked when not entitled to them.

Not sure if you have seen this page: https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/disabled-supporters/

the club it seems have a real agenda against disabled supporters currently- see another YF thread titled Disabled parking cancelled for VIPs - ( Cambridge match)

the club it seems have a real agenda against disabled supporters currently- see another YF thread titled Disabled parking cancelled for VIPs - ( Cambridge match)
I can kinda see why they might want fans for this section to contact the club, perhaps it is to offer any further assistance.

I guess they want to avoid tickets being booked when not entitled to them.

Not sure if you have seen this page: https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/disabled-supporters/
So that's the first time I've seen that information now am I being thick) normally the case) but this bit stood out to me
Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - mid-rate care or high-rate mobility component so my son gets mod-rate DLA ( he has autism) he struggles to do certain things by himself now I payed £70.for his ST and however much my adult one cost could I have just paid his 70 and got mine free (not that it matters). would have paid anyway

I can kinda see why they might want fans for this section to contact the club, perhaps it is to offer any further assistance.
Upon entering the ground it is normal to show a ticket, digital or otherwise. At that point it should be the club's responsibility to confirm entitlement.
As to assistance required, all normal access should already be in place. That's the law. Any unusual requests would, of course, require a phone call or a conversation prior to entering the ground. Why that should prevent anyone buying a ticket on line is beyond me.

OUSP has been working really hard to improve the clarity of information from the club - including who is entitled to have a personal assistant @oufc1991. The eligibility hasn't changed, and was always on the website, but it just wasn't easy to find. Just one thing to bear in mind - if you have a PA ticket then you cannot use it if the person you are caring for is not at the game. You will need to show evidence when purchasing or collecting the ticket.

Regarding buying tickets online, the wheelchair spaces are not available online as there have been instances of people booking up those spaces when they don't use a wheelchair - front row seats can look attractive. That then limits availability for wheelchair users. It's too late to address it at the match. So the intention is to ensure that wheelchair users get access to these spaces.

However, the club is open to looking into making them available online with suitable controls, and we shall work with them to hopefully make it easier for wheelchair users to purchase their ticket.

As an aside, whilst OUSP members do look at the forum from time to time, if you want to be sure we are aware of an issue please email us ouspinfo@gmail.com.

Back
Top Bottom