Disabled parking

Yellow Dragon

On Saturday, about 12 of the disabled spaces in the west car park (those nearest to the revolving doors) were fenced off for a car wash.

It was a friendly, so I had no difficulty finding a space, but for a league game these spaces are usually full. It meant a slightly longer walk to get in, which wouldn't trouble someone fit and able, but these are disabled spaces.

Rang the club to check if this is a one-off. No. The stadium company has leased the area to the carwash company. They get those spaces because it is convenient for water supply.

So I am now debating whether to move from my season-ticket space which I could just about get to.

On Saturday, about 12 of the disabled spaces in the west car park (those nearest to the revolving doors) were fenced off for a car wash.

It was a friendly, so I had no difficulty finding a space, but for a league game these spaces are usually full. It meant a slightly longer walk to get in, which wouldn't trouble someone fit and able, but these are disabled spaces.

Rang the club to check if this is a one-off. No. The stadium company has leased the area to the carwash company. They get those spaces because it is convenient for water supply.

So I am now debating whether to move from my season-ticket space which I could just about get to.
thought they had to provide so many spaces by law. bit poor if they haven't made spaces available elsewhere

cant see the car washers doing much trade on proper (league) matchdays depends I suppose on the deal they (car wash) have with the slum landlords company? hey ho n all that

They could get more parking spaces in the East Car Park if Firoka actually did some gardening and cleared those parking spaces that are overgrown.

This is a distasteful and pathetic act on the behalf of the stadium company.
Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any legal requirement, even under the Equality Act 2010. The closest you get is the British Safety standards and the Government planning recommendations. Access for People with Disabilities

However, knowing how many people use those spaces just by the car wash and how few would wish to have their car washed on a match day, perhaps common sense will prevail. If not, perhaps a few accidentally moved barriers, ropes, whatever, will have the desired affect. I would love to see anyone challenge a blue badge holder when all around are fellow yellows!

The car wash has been there for a few years from what I recall. My guess is they carried on washing as they knew the crowed wasn't going to be large.

Back
Top Bottom